Robinho in 10-0 Santos Win

I wonder, do Santos have a 1bn quid development programme in place? ;-)

It was always doomed to failure, the Robbie signing. For me he put us 'on the map' in terms of people seeing him sign for us, and put in 2 or 3 good performances. I've seen lesser named players do better, but get slated more though, and I think the fact he is 'Robinho' clouded alot of blues. I hope he doesn't come back, he doesn't work well for our team and in all honesty is proving the level he can perform at right now, a league equal to what, League one? He did his job, he put our clubs name on peoples lips, and so for that I thank him. Now its time to move on and sign players who can cut it in the league.

carlosJPA08 said:
I can´t start a thread so i´ll write here:

Today Robinho was in a TV programme, that will be broadcasted on saturday night 20Th.

Here it´s what he said about the applauses he gets from the audience:

"Thank you for the warm reception. I am thrilled. In England this never happened. There, i get only cold and rain."

<a class="postlink" href="http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Times/Santos/0,,MUL1526010-9874,00-NO+ALTAS+HORAS+ROBINHO+ASSUSTA+COM+CALOROSA+RECEPCAO+E+FOGE+DE+POLEMICA.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/ ... EMICA.html</a>

I can´t find the video of his solo goal and celebritons this seanson if anyboby have it upload here please.

ermmm didn't he once say england was the best in terms of his welcome and the crowd?

he won't come back, couldn't give a shit if he didn't to be honest.

We should have built a team around him, instead we have let one of the top players in the world go elsewhere, we just didn't use him right.

So who do we blame for the fact that this looks like failing? The club or the player?

Feed the Elk said:
We should have built a team around him, instead we have let one of the top players in the world go elsewhere, we just didn't use him right.

So who do we blame for the fact that this looks like failing? The club or the player?

he should take a majority of the blame, don't care what anyone says.

I've always thought he's the perfect support striker - he can receive the ball under pressure, he has immense skill to get out of it, he can play the perfect pass to release the forward and he has a great eye for goal - actually if you look at his copybook of great goals, there's a lot of 25 yard scorchers in there.. shame he never managed to do this for us.

He never was an up and down winger and we knew that when we bought him, so why play him on the wing and expect him to spend half his time tracking back? That's not his game and never has been so is he really to blame?

Feed the Elk said:

The player.

He wanted to leave instead of try to get back into the side.

Pigeonho said:

It was always doomed to failure, the Robbie signing. For me he put us 'on the map' in terms of people seeing him sign for us, and put in 2 or 3 good performances. I've seen lesser named players do better, but get slated more though, and I think the fact he is 'Robinho' clouded alot of blues. I hope he doesn't come back, he doesn't work well for our team and in all honesty is proving the level he can perform at right now, a league equal to what, League one? He did his job, he put our clubs name on peoples lips, and so for that I thank him. Now its time to move on and sign players who can cut it in the league.

That's a very blinkered view of Brazilian football.

ono said:
Pigeonho said:

That's a very blinkered view of Brazilian football.
No, it's the league he's playing in now.

And yes, this might only be the regional league, but he would have known how the Brazilian League was structured, and who he would be playing against, and chose to play there instead of playing in the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.