Robinho (Merged)

So much racism, I can understand if you don't like a player, but to make such comments about an entire nation is LOW.

I guess it must just be jealousy on your part, since Brasil is the most successful footballing nation ahahaha

Paul@ManchesterEveningNews: Three potentially big deals in the offing before the window shuts at 6pm.

1. Robinho to AC Milan for around £22m. That's £10m less than City paid for him on that insane transfer deadline day two years ago. But a decent price nonetheless.

EalingBlue2 said:
The robi deal did what it was intended to do it sent a message to the world the day the takeover came in. It made citys name known where it wasn't, it got articles in papers around the world and it caused shock.

His signing was never about a city manager signing him for footballing reasons it was a statement, it was a shock to the game and I have no doubt his signing paved the way for increasing our profile and making other signings more likely.

So let's not be naiive about it, in footballing terms not a great deal, but in what it was intended to be it worked wonderfully.

As for petty revenge and getting back at milan, how stupid that would be, if we behaved pettily we would prove all the doubters right. If we want to make it we need other sides as allies not enemies, we need to be owed favours not owe them and when we get revenge it will be when we want it, when it matters and it will be served cold!

A very good analysis of the whole turn of events...

levets said:
EalingBlue2 said:
The robi deal did what it was intended to do it sent a message to the world the day the takeover came in. It made citys name known where it wasn't, it got articles in papers around the world and it caused shock.

His signing was never about a city manager signing him for footballing reasons it was a statement, it was a shock to the game and I have no doubt his signing paved the way for increasing our profile and making other signings more likely.

So let's not be naiive about it, in footballing terms not a great deal, but in what it was intended to be it worked wonderfully.

As for petty revenge and getting back at milan, how stupid that would be, if we behaved pettily we would prove all the doubters right. If we want to make it we need other sides as allies not enemies, we need to be owed favours not owe them and when we get revenge it will be when we want it, when it matters and it will be served cold!

Interesting to paint that picture of it, but I see it differently.

The whole Robinho thing has been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish.

Luckily we can afford to throw £30 mil down the toilet and come back smiling.

Didsbury Dave said:
levets said:

With you there DD. £32.5m for a good goal v Arsenal is extreme, to say the least. £32.5m for a player who may as well not have been on the pitch on many, many occasions is bad business. The players would have signed regardless of Robinho being at the club. Robinho has done nothing for Manchester City. Fact.

Gazzetta:

There's a big anticipation on Robinho's imminent arrival to Via Turati, Milan's offices.

Joga Bonito said:
So much racism, I can understand if you don't like a player, but to make such comments about an entire nation is LOW.

I guess it must just be jealousy on your part, since Brasil is the most successful footballing nation ahahaha

Ahem:

1 Spain 1835 0 -48
2 Netherlands 1663 0 4
3 Germany 1490 1 26
4 Brazil 1482 -1 -42
5 Argentina 1326 0 38

Also, Italy have won one less World Cup and did so over different periods of time. Also also, if Brazil is that great of a footballing nation, why do you all of your best players play in Europe?
Also also also, take away your Golden Era when most of the developed world was coming out of World Wars and a depression, then what do you have? What did you win during the 70's and 80's?

Brazilian footballers have great technique and great flair. However, as footballers they are incomplete until they play in Europe and learn some intelligence and power.

Lastly, Pele is hugely overrated. Garrincha was the better player, Pele got the plaudits because you guys copied (to be fair and changed) the Revie Plan and put Pele in there.

Didsbury Dave said:
levets said:

But remember dave.... Robbie wasn't signed by Hughes... Hughes was indifferent towards him... and lost patience with him.. Mancini simply doesn't rate him.....

It has only turned out to be a disaster because we don't appreciate that type of player. "He doesn't work hard" and bollocks like that...

I'd keep him and make him fight for his place.. when we reach the promised land, he is the type of player that will then succeed.

feel a little sorry for some of the posters on here who kept faith in robbie i saw lots of comments the other week when he came back to the club saying how they was, i was always of the opinion the little cnut would never play for us again and never wanted too.

Good riddance to bad shit, bellers was worth a thousand times more than him...shame he's been booted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.