Robinho (Merged)

kippax71 said:
It would be intresting what they pay wage wise to him. At the moment we pay a reported £160K giving him £80K a week. With the high earners in Italy only paying 43% income Tax they could pay him £140K a week and he would still come out with the same wage.

Untrue - as I understand it players salaries are negotiated and paid NET not gross... it's the club that takes the extra hit on the tax.

I remember this from last season when there was all this discussion over the Spanish tax system and whether it was luring players there.

ono said:
PhuketBlue said:
No, he's going to AC Milan, a club totally in decline.
I wouldn't go that far.

Tbf they lost Kaka and they've not been the best club in Milan, let alone Italy for some time.

How the hell they got Ibra on loan is beyond me...

Cambridgeblue said:
kippax71 said:
It would be intresting what they pay wage wise to him. At the moment we pay a reported £160K giving him £80K a week. With the high earners in Italy only paying 43% income Tax they could pay him £140K a week and he would still come out with the same wage.

Untrue - as I understand it players salaries are negotiated and paid NET not gross... it's the club that takes the extra hit on the tax.

I remember this from last season when there was all this discussion over the Spanish tax system and whether it was luring players there.

Makes no odds as to who pays the Tax my point which probably does not read clearly is. To pay Robinho £80knet a week it would cost City £160K a week and Milan £140K a week, and I am sure the press would state theat Robinho was so desperate to leave City he took a pay cut.

ono said:
PhuketBlue said:
No, he's going to AC Milan, a club totally in decline.
I wouldn't go that far.

They look to be putting together a pretty decent side for this season alright.

-------Ibra
---------------Pato
------Robbi
---------------Roni

That's a pretty impressive attacking line up for any club and they are starting to add some decent young players like Abate, KP Boateng and the greek defender they signed from Genoa (not even going to try and spell his name) and the young German/Kazakh guy who is meant to be the next big thing

depps said:
ono said:
I wouldn't go that far.

-------Ibra
---------------Pato
------Robbi
---------------Roni

That's a pretty impressive attacking line up for any club and they are starting to add some decent young players like Abate, KP Boateng and the greek defender they signed from Genoa (not even going to try and spell his name) and the young German/Kazakh guy who is meant to be the next big thing
They will get a fair few hidings in Italy playing that system mate, too attack minded and none of them do any work defensively. They will smash the smaller sides though your right.

kippax71 said:
Cambridgeblue said:

Makes no odds as to who pays the Tax my point which probably does not read clearly is. To pay Robinho £80knet a week it would cost City £160K a week and Milan £140K a week, and I am sure the press would state theat Robinho was so desperate to leave City he took a pay cut.

But the point is that Robinho wouldn't give a shit how much tax the club he played for paid... £160k to him at City is exactly the same as £160k at AC Milan.

He may be willing to settle for less in Milan but that will be because he is living in Milan not Cheshire. When you're on that much money 40-60k extra a week isn't going to make a whole lot of difference to your standard of living - especially if your wage is effectively tax free.

Taking my support for City out of the equation I would be tempted to take £120k a week for playing in the Milan sunshine as opposed to £160k a week playing on a wet Sunday afternoon against Stoke. My gripe with Robinho is that he came to City knowing that, and knowing that he never intended to give it a proper go here.

10.Goater_Legend said:
depps said:

-------Ibra
---------------Pato
------Robbi
---------------Roni

They will get a fair few hidings in Italy playing that system mate, too attack minded and none of them do any work defensively. They will smash the smaller sides though your right.

Brazil seemed to do all right defensively playing a similar set up at the world cup. You just stick two solid midfielders like Gattuso and Boateng in behind them. Its called the magic box, most teams in Brazil play with it and despite what you might think that's actually a pretty defensive and tough league. Although you are probably right and it will only end up being two of the Brazilians with Ibra.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:54 pm --<br /><br />Gone for good. Hope we haven't been raped on the price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.