Robinho (Merged)

The Fixer said:
feel a little sorry for some of the posters on here who kept faith in robbie i saw lots of comments the other week when he came back to the club saying how they was, i was always of the opinion the little cnut would never play for us again and never wanted too.

Good riddance to bad shit, bellers was worth a thousand times more than him...shame he's been booted.

I must admit, despite everything, I'll always have a place in my heart for Robbie. Shame it didn't work here for him, hope he does well over in Italy.

The Fixer said:
feel a little sorry for some of the posters on here who kept faith in robbie i saw lots of comments the other week when he came back to the club saying how they was, i was always of the opinion the little cnut would never play for us again and never wanted too.

Good riddance to bad shit, bellers was worth a thousand times more than him...shame he's been booted.

Don't feel sorry. People are sometimes right and people are somethings wrong, thats life but lets not go over the top and start telling ourself that Bellamy was a much better player than him because he wasn't. Bellamys season last season was similar to Robinho's first season with us, in that they were both excellent for the majority of the first half of the season but tailed off completely towards the end of the season. Difference is Bellamy will give it his all even when he's having a bad game whereas Robinho isn't that type of player but it doesn't really make him worth a thousand times more

From Gazzetta dello Sport:

Robinho has had some ulterior visits at Milanello before now heading to AC Milan's headquarters to sign the contract. The deal is now said to go through regardless of if Borriello is sold or not.

Disappointingly, still no hard figures given in neither Gazzetta nor Corriere dello Sport about contract type (loan/permanent), fee/buy-out clause, contract length, salary etc.

It would be intresting what they pay wage wise to him. At the moment we pay a reported £160K giving him £80K a week. With the high earners in Italy only paying 43% income Tax they could pay him £140K a week and he would still come out with the same wage.

Pigeonho said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Interesting to paint that picture of it, but I see it differently.

The whole Robinho thing has been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish.

Luckily we can afford to throw £30 mil down the toilet and come back smiling.
With you there DD. £32.5m for a good goal v Arsenal is extreme, to say the least. £32.5m for a player who may as well not have been on the pitch on many, many occasions is bad business. The players would have signed regardless of Robinho being at the club. Robinho has done nothing for Manchester City. Fact.

You probably couldn't be more wrong.

His signing boosted our name in Europe 10 times that of Given, Lescott, Milner, Aj, RSC and Kolo Toure combined.

It was an Europeanwide signing of a player known all over the continent.

It was a magnificent piece of business, name wise.

It was average in terms of a player improving the squad and morale.

It was financially not so smart, they are losses but could be worse.

The fact that despite all the moaning he has done,he can still move to a top European club, must tell you he is well regarded abroad, despite the perceptions of him here.

But to say he has done nothing for City is daft.

KenTheLandlord said:
Pigeonho said:
With you there DD. £32.5m for a good goal v Arsenal is extreme, to say the least. £32.5m for a player who may as well not have been on the pitch on many, many occasions is bad business. The players would have signed regardless of Robinho being at the club. Robinho has done nothing for Manchester City. Fact.

The fact that despite all the moaning he has done,he can still move to a top European club, must tell you he is well regarded abroad, despite the perceptions of him here.

But to say he has done nothing for City is daft.

True but he could and should of done a helluva lot more for City than he did. As it is he may still be with us as Milan deal on a knife edge.

We could be stuck with Crocky too! I think there may be more than a few unhappy players by 6pm!

Failsworth_Blue said:
The Fixer said:

Don't feel sorry. People are sometimes right and people are somethings wrong, thats life but lets not go over the top and start telling ourself that Bellamy was a much better player than him because he wasn't. Bellamys season last season was similar to Robinho's first season with us, in that they were both excellent for the majority of the first half of the season but tailed off completely towards the end of the season. Difference is Bellamy will give it his all even when he's having a bad game whereas Robinho isn't that type of player but it doesn't really make him worth a thousand times more

In you're opinion O:)

Robinho will complete a season long loan deal with a view to a permanent move at the end of it.

He may well end up back here in 12 months time :(

KenTheLandlord said:
You probably couldn't be more wrong.

His signing boosted our name in Europe 10 times that of Given, Lescott, Milner, Aj, RSC and Kolo Toure combined.

It was an Europeanwide signing of a player known all over the continent.

It was a magnificent piece of business, name wise.

I don't buy any of this.

I don't think there's a single player at City who wouldn't have signed if Robinho wasn't here.

I don't think there can be any doubts that if you asked City's hierarchy that if they could turn back the clock, would they sign Robino again, the answer would be No.

He's been a disaster. He can't play in the premier league, he's pissed and moaned at every opportunity, he's broken club rules and he's cost us at least £30 million.

Luckily for The Sheikh it's pin money.

£30million. Down the toilet. That's effectively what has happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.