Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

Wrighty Wrexham said:
United fans and others my laugh but in all honestly the transfer of Ronaldo to Madrid all but assured me that every player can be replaced.

But they havent!

They don't have to buy to replace, they have filled the gap left by him and sit second in the table, so yes they have

world class player -lets be honest here How many players would say different if asked the question? Not many

If he goes, it is to Barcelona FFS a year ago players would have been leaving city to go to Villa / Portsmouth etc. It again shows how far we have come.

the key thing is we will not be ripped off - like the Annelka transfer - we don't have to sell so clubs will have to pay a premium or we'll get players in exchange. someone like YA YA may be worth more to us with our current squad than a Robinho. If we say signed ribery where the hell would Rob play, he's been good but would you want to drop Bellamy to bring him back at the moment?

What will be will be, City will move on and still be a force this season and the ones to follow.

We've had all this before.

Glad to see so many of you loyal top blues turn on your own again when the media say so, nice one lads.

Who wouldn't want to play for Barca, it's a stupid question, much like 'would you like to be balls deep inside Kelly Brook', it doesn't even need answering it's so fucking obvious.

Gutted personally, especially as I think Rob will score 20 plus this season but you dick wits are too fucking thick to see that.

Oh well, back to off topic for me, too many special needs cases up here who may be top blues but know dick all about football.

He is a city player at the moment so lets not give him to much stick, who wouldn't want to play for Barca? He is a world Class player and as mentioned this would off been a quick fire question by the usual shit stiring Spanish media Lets see what happens in January my feeling is he will still be a city play in Feb

CTID

DD said:
If we want to win things, we do it by having eleven men pulling together. Heed the lessons of Rodney Marsh. We had a great team, he was the most skillful player at the club and the glamour boy but him being in the side ruined the team ethic and a team that was going to win the league ended up with us being fourth. I fear history could repeat itself if people insist that Robinho simply has to play in this team.

I've interviewed Rodney Marsh for the "In Search Of The Blues" feature in the Fulham programme. In that he claims full responsibility for City missing out on the League title in 1972 (we missed it by a point) and apologises to the fans. Rodney said it wasn's signing him that was the problem, but playing him definitely was.

He should have been on the bench until the right time, but the City management couldn't leave 'the glamour' off the pitch, and in the end we lost the title to Brian Clough's Derby.

I reckon he'll go there on loan and we'll get Yaya. Then in the summer they'll most probably buy him outright unless he is a disaster.

I think this because Robinho keeps mentioning the word loan in his interview which is a bit odd.

I can't blame him for wanting to go to Barca. Only a die hard blue would turn them down in favour of staying. I'm not keen on the idea of him publicly inviting Barca to come in for him (which he seems to be doing) but at the same time quotes often get twisted and the media have a way of changing the whole context of interviews. We must also remember that this interview is also likely to have been conducted as part of a Q&A on a radio station or by reporters so it would be unfair to judge at least until we hear the actual questions. Then you have the translation issues to factor into the equation.

My gut feeling is it doesn't look good and for a bit i'd be gutted to see him leave, but for now, he's a City player and we need to get behind him until something becomes clearer. If it becomes ominous and he's a cert to leave, then i reckon we should actually give him a decent send off. He's provided some brilliant entertainment and he was the first to take the risk and join us (although he had little choice i suppose).

On a side note, the interview isn't that muh different from the one from a few months ago where he said everybody wants to play for Barca, but he then went on to say he will stay at City for 4 more years...even if it rains.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.