Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

if he goes i will be annoyed and feel like he has let us down but good luck to him. best player ive seen in a city shirt in my life time. but i think if he is to leave he should atleast see this season out.

This is the version that I read:

Robinho has been linked with a move to the Nou Camp for several months, and his latest comments will do little to suggest he is happy at the City of Manchester Stadium.

The Brazilian, who played for Barca's arch rivals Real Madrid before making a British record £32.5 million move to the Premier League, made no attempt to hide the fact that he would love Barca and City to reach an agreement and told El Mundo Deportivo: "Of course I would like to play for Barca. Who would not? We could have so much fun.. "It would be a pleasure to play alongside [Lionel] Messi, my compatriot Dani Alves, Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic, with them all. They're a great team. I've played against them and know their quality. But right now I can only do it on the PlayStation.

"It is a pleasure to watch Barca play. They look like the best Brazilian team with the way that they use the ball. Pep Guardiola's team is truly spectacular.

"It is an honour that a coach like him [Guardiola] speaks well of Robinho and values me as much as I have read he does. It fills my heart with pride. It is a question of sitting down and talking when there is a serious and concrete proposal and, as I have said before, I have not personally received that.

"Now would not be the right time to say things that could be badly interpreted here or there. I have a contract with City and, being the professional that I am, I am dedicated to them."

Rumours suggest that the 25-year-old could head back to La Liga in January on loan for the remainder of the season, with a permanent switch to be completed in the summer. It would be an attractive move for the Champions League holders with Robinho eligible to be registered for the knockout stages of this season's competition.

The player is currently out injured with an ankle injury picked up on international duty for Brazil against Argentina last month and has not featured for City since the Carling Cup win at Crystal Palace on August 27. He left both Santos and Real Madrid in acrimonious circumstances.

Dani Alves, meanwhile, has declared he would love to have Robinho as part of the Barcelona squad: "Robinho is a talented player and a great person. He is a player who would give us many different and wonderful things. If it's possible for him to come, I would welcome it."

That bit in bold is all that I care about, as far as I am concerned nought is happening and he is dedicated to the cause
I tire of all the new casual "Citeh" fans that come on this board, which is why I don't come here often anymore, and as for the longer term fans you should know better; so get your collective noses out of that cocaine as I just can't believe how everyone is behaving now that we have tasted a bit of success (relatively speaking). We all want city to succeed, but as TMQ pointed out all those top blues out here need to take a good look at themselves

The Fat el Hombre said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Mental how happy some of you arseholes are about this.

Pretty sad that you have to revert to personal insults for people having an opinion on Robinho as a player

Calm your pants dear, I wasn't having a pop at you so chill. I'm in control here, I'll be roused when I prefer babes.

Most peoples 'opinion'' on Robinho on here is a media fed hatred based on fuck all, I have every right to be outraged to see the most talented player I've ever seen forced from the club by morons.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Most peoples 'opinion'' on Robinho on here is a media fed hatred based on fuck all, I have every right to be outraged to see the most talented player I've ever seen forced from the club by morons.

Not really, most people's opinions seem to be based on watching him play. He's hardly being 'forced from the club by morons', he's just done an interview which to me makes it pretty obvious that he's pining for a move to Barca. I don't think he's particularly happy here in England and although he is a great player I'm confident we can bring in someone else who can be just as effective and much more content to be here

The Fat el Hombre said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Not really, most people's opinions seem to be based on watching him play. He's hardly being 'forced from the club by morons', he's just done an interview which to me makes it pretty obvious that he's pining for a move to Barca. I don't think he's particularly happy here in England and although he is a great player I'm confident we can bring in someone else who can be just as effective and much more content to be here

When YOU put it like that it's a balanced argument and one I'd be happy to engage in were I not about to have to pop out. It's the 'fuck him, he's lazy, doesn't track back' brigade I've lost it with.

My opinion is, we need Binho, he's an exceptional talent.

I have copied this from 1 month ago..

Brazilian Robinho confirms love for BarcelonaStory Highlights
Striker Robinho has admitted he would love to play for Barcelona in the future

The Brazilian has been consistently linked with move to European champions

Manchester City have resisted any notion of selling one of their star players
September 8, 2009 -- Updated 1619 GMT (0019 HKT)Next Article in World Sport »

(CNN) -- Manchester City's Brazilian striker Robinho has admitted that he would struggle to resist any future possible transfer to European champions Barcelona.

Robinho has once again suggested he would be open to leaving Manchester City for Barcelona.

According to media reports, Robinho was a major target for Barcelona this summer, but they were unable to prise him away from the English Premier League big-spenders.

However, the former Real Madrid striker has made it clear that he is tempted to return to Spain should Barcelona come calling next year.

Speaking to the Guardian newspaper while on international duty with Brazil, Robinho said: "It's not easy to say no to a club like Barcelona.

"They are the European champions, it is a lovely city and I like Spain a lot.

"I have always wanted to play for a club like Barcelona. It's a great club, any player would be happy for them to show an interest.

Don't Miss
Man City facing FIFA transfer probe
Adebayor scores City winner again
Manchester City seal Tevez signing
Santa Cruz is latest Man City signing
"I'm happy that Barcelona have taken notice of me. Who wouldn't like to play alongside Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Lional Messi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and all the rest."

Barcelona have been searching for a left-sided attacker since the end of last season and have been linked with Robinho, Valencia's David Silva and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.

I think our start to the season has proved we don't need him, but yea he is an exceptional talent. Someone said that he was a cherry before we'd baked the cake and that's right, but after the summer signings we've got evrything there for him to flourish.

I still think he might be too feeble for them prem but I'd like to see him given a go with our current team

I really don't think he should go because it looks like he's conceding that it was the wrong thing to do to move to City. He should want to prove his critics wrong and fire us into the Champion's League. If he manages that and wants to go in the summer, then fair enough. To me it sounds like he's bottling out, which would say a lot about his character.

I don't want Henry and Puyol in any swap. We should have the mentality that if they're not good enough for Barcelona, then they're not good enough for us. Yaya Toure plus cash is the minimum that I'd demand.

Robbie was the one who said that he wanted city to prove to him their true intensions by getting players in to the squad that would give us a real chance of a top four slot..well we have,so Im sure he will be happy to stay and put his money where his mouth is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.