Robinho speaks

Don't believe any of this crap. As for not understanding him, if anyone went to the EFC match when as a sub he was subbed, you can undertand everything. Great footballer but . . . . .

And anyone who takes a swipe at Manchester's weather, well, have a look at Milan's in Winter!

Ticket For Schalke said:
leewill31 said:
so he failed then!

failed in my eyes and most city fans and admits it himself so yes he was a failure for Manchester city.

there is a bigger picture than scoring 14 goals in a season for us and cant be used as an excuse that for some reason it did himself justice.

Forlan failed, Crespo failed, Veron failed. Robinho never.

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:11 pm --

MCFC BOB said:
I made a thread this time last year about Robinho being a money-grabber and being selfish, and you all slated me for it.

Well look'ee heeeeere! :D

if he was a money grabber, he woud of stayed here.

please explain why you think robinho is any different to crespo,forlan and veron?

Joga Bonito said:
This article doesn't use any quotes whatsoever?
I spent all morning looking through Portuguese press to find NOTHING (I will be using all caps like this shite newspaper). It is very ODD considering the "quotes" from this article are in pretty good ENGLISH, and since Robinho doesn't speak English FLUENTLY it makes me WONDER. THAT and expressions like:
"HATED living in cold, dark Manchester;" are mentioned nonewhatsoever by Robinho himself in the article. It is very misleading and typical shite English press that all of you haters were so eagerly waiting for. Since you were waiting for it so badly you just gobbled it up and didn't even bother to comprehend it! What a JOKE!

Bigga said:
Well, having read the article, I don't see what he 'said' that was negative. He 'speaks' of his own personal experience and, in fact, says we were brilliant supporters to him.
So... why is everyone so het up??
FantasyIreland said:
Baffles me why anyone would buy such a 'news'paper?? They are full of fucking nonsense!
Just don't purchase and save yourself money and anger.
hgblue said:
Bit inconvenient for the Robinho bashers that the stats don't match the rhetoric isn't it? Pretty decent return for a fella whose performing in the PL for the first time in a mid-table team imo. Who knows how he would perform with the top quality players we now have at the club around him? Unfortunately we'll never find out, much to the delight of those who are gloating about 'being proved right'.

One and a half actually. In fact, considering he was injured for virtually the whole of the first half of his second season, it doesn't seem fair to class that as a failure. Unless you deem players who are injured to be failures. Hardly seems fair to me, but fairness isn't on many City fans agendas when it comes to Robinho.
hgblue said:
Why is it so difficult for some Robinho bashers to grasp that what he classes as failure, and what you class as failure are two completely different things. He came to City to win things and to help to replace United and Chelsea as the top teams in this country. In that respect, and for some of the reasons he outlines, he failed.
Benarbia's Fat Dad said:
As usual the opening headlines are sensational but, having read the rest of the article, are hardly representative of what he actually said.

Well said lads.

supergrover said:
ha ha ha ha wheres joga bonito this morning? there called quotes my friend and this may be the start to help you with your journey down the river de'nile but i suppose you will think its hughes and bobby mancs fault and that manchester is a bad place to live.
said it before and say it again robinho says whatever suits his surroundings at the time it's like listening to a ten year old, never thought i'd say it but i am really happy this guy has gone.
now lets see if the milan fans swallow as much of his shit as many of ours did.

Said it before and I'll say it again: there still haven't been any direct quotes, as this article oddly didn't use any quotation marks and used a lot of bold statements which when finished reading the article aren't true at all "ie. cold, dark Manchester." I asked for direct quotes (most likely in Portuguese). I still don't have them.

And since when does Robinho give exclusive interviews to some random shitty English newspaper? He's training in Barcelona with the Brasilian national team right now and his last words were something like: "I feel at home in Milan ... I prefer not to speak about City."

leewill31 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
top goalscorer for us in his 1st season, injured and then gone in the 2nd, so yeah, he wasn't a failure, just wasn't anywhere near what he could be for us.

so he failed then!

failed in my eyes and most city fans and admits it himself so yes he was a failure for Manchester city.

there is a bigger picture than scoring 14 goals in a season for us and cant be used as an excuse that for some reason it did himself justice.
And in my eyes. And in the eyes of everyone with eyes.

Lol, considering he barely speaks English i'll take those 'comments' with a pinch of salt.

They've been simplified and manipulated to once again paint a very familiar picture of Robinho. Even then. he hasn't said a great deal wrong. The headlines vary from the actual tranlsated 'quotes'.

Carry on though...

ono said:
Lol, considering he barely speaks English i'll take those 'comments' with a pinch of salt.

They've been simplified and manipulated to once again paint a very familiar picture of Robinho. Even then. he hasn't said a great deal wrong. The headlines vary from the actual tranlsated 'quotes'.

Carry on though...

Yeah, I inquired to the author about he managed to get this exclusive interview with Robinho and hoe he taught him to speak English to fluently.

But as you said (I like how you put it) "carry on though" lol

It was only ever a matter of time , wasn't it?

Despite saying yesterday that 'he didn't want to speak about City' , we now read that he has done!

what a prick Robinho is .......

don't they have cold dark winter nights in Chelsea , Madrid or Milan or something?

The guy knows he couldn't hack it here , and it stands out a mile from an interview where he blames everyone but himself ....... he says he's a 'special player' , yet we saw little of it on a consistent basis ....... and consistency is what he'll have to show at Milan , or he'll be out on his arse again!

He knows that Madrid couldn't wait to get shut of him ...... and it's only two months since he claimed he didn't want to leave Santos ....... now he's out there attempting to 'butter' himself up to Milan , and their players ...... he makes me want to throw up!

Joga Bonito said:
ono said:

Carry on though...

Yeah, I inquired to the author about he managed to get this exclusive interview with Robinho and hoe he taught him to speak English to fluently.

if all this is made up then id have to say Tom Hopkinson is a talented bullshitter!

"Neither Hughes nor Mancini understood me," he told the People newspaper. "Perhaps they only believed in the sporting side of things, but that wasn't enough for me.

"There was a lack of contact between the players and the club. It was much like an office - to training and goodbye, to a match and goodbye. I am Brazilian and I can't offer my best performance if I'm not happy in every aspect of life.

"That was my problem. I am a special footballer and I need to be happy when I'm playing. That was the case at Real Madrid but never at City. Perhaps I should never have left Real Madrid.

"My destination was Chelsea with Luiz Felipe Scolari but, at the last moment, City appeared and I accepted. I did not decide the transfer. Correspondence is always between clubs and I am not responsible for what anyone will pay, but Mark Hughes called me and insisted I joined the club. He was decisive in my move."

His early performances had suggested he may ultimately prove successful in England but, with compatriots Elano and Jo failing to impress Hughes and making permanent and temporary moves away respectively, Robinho says he could not settle into life at the club.

"At the beginning it was positive, but England is a hard country and I had problems adapting," he said. "Having Elano and Jo in the squad was a real bonus. They helped me to adapt but then Elano left I still don't understand the motives behind his exit.

"I do not understand why people said things about us. We all demonstrated our quality in the team, and Elano and I were both then in the Brazil side. Perhaps Hughes did not understand how best to use us both in his squad.

"After that, Mark left and I don't think that Mancini had confidence in me. Going on loan to Santos was the best solution because, if I'd stayed at City, I would not have played in the World Cup. The loan was very successful. I recaptured my love of football, won a title and confirmed my place in the Brazil team. It was an excellent experience and they tried to extend my loan, but City had made up their minds to sell."

Robinho admits he was disappointed that City failed to become title challengers during his time at the club and found the climate in Manchester unbearable.

"When I arrived, the directors at City told me that, in a couple of years, we would overtake United, but the time has passed and nothing has changed," he said. "Manchester is a sensational venue for football but an awful place to live ... the winter, the cold and the dark nights. It's very hard for a young Brazilian.

"The Premier League is one of the best in the world, without a doubt. The stadiums are always full and the atmosphere is incredible, but not every footballer is able to play in England. The character can be difficult for a foreigner.

"The best stadiums are Anfield and Old Trafford because of their histories, and my best memories will be my first goal for City and how happy everyone was with me, and the support City fans gave me during my stay."

leewill31 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Forlan failed, Crespo failed, Veron failed. Robinho never.

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:11 pm --

if he was a money grabber, he woud of stayed here.

please explain why you think robinho is any different to crespo,forlan and veron?

You are joking?<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:33 pm --<br /><br />
leewill31 said:
Joga Bonito said:

if all this is made up then id have to say Tom Hopkinson is a talented bullshitter!

"Neither Hughes nor Mancini understood me," he told the People newspaper. "Perhaps they only believed in the sporting side of things, but that wasn't enough for me.

"There was a lack of contact between the players and the club. It was much like an office - to training and goodbye, to a match and goodbye. I am Brazilian and I can't offer my best performance if I'm not happy in every aspect of life.

"That was my problem. I am a special footballer and I need to be happy when I'm playing. That was the case at Real Madrid but never at City. Perhaps I should never have left Real Madrid.

"My destination was Chelsea with Luiz Felipe Scolari but, at the last moment, City appeared and I accepted. I did not decide the transfer. Correspondence is always between clubs and I am not responsible for what anyone will pay, but Mark Hughes called me and insisted I joined the club. He was decisive in my move."

His early performances had suggested he may ultimately prove successful in England but, with compatriots Elano and Jo failing to impress Hughes and making permanent and temporary moves away respectively, Robinho says he could not settle into life at the club.

"At the beginning it was positive, but England is a hard country and I had problems adapting," he said. "Having Elano and Jo in the squad was a real bonus. They helped me to adapt but then Elano left I still don't understand the motives behind his exit.

"I do not understand why people said things about us. We all demonstrated our quality in the team, and Elano and I were both then in the Brazil side. Perhaps Hughes did not understand how best to use us both in his squad.

"After that, Mark left and I don't think that Mancini had confidence in me. Going on loan to Santos was the best solution because, if I'd stayed at City, I would not have played in the World Cup. The loan was very successful. I recaptured my love of football, won a title and confirmed my place in the Brazil team. It was an excellent experience and they tried to extend my loan, but City had made up their minds to sell."

Robinho admits he was disappointed that City failed to become title challengers during his time at the club and found the climate in Manchester unbearable.

"When I arrived, the directors at City told me that, in a couple of years, we would overtake United, but the time has passed and nothing has changed," he said. "Manchester is a sensational venue for football but an awful place to live ... the winter, the cold and the dark nights. It's very hard for a young Brazilian.

"The Premier League is one of the best in the world, without a doubt. The stadiums are always full and the atmosphere is incredible, but not every footballer is able to play in England. The character can be difficult for a foreigner.

"The best stadiums are Anfield and Old Trafford because of their histories, and my best memories will be my first goal for City and how happy everyone was with me, and the support City fans gave me during my stay."

He's a journo, they all are bulshitters some talented.

Ticket For Schalke said:
leewill31 said:

You are joking?

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:33 pm --

leewill31 said:

He's a journo, they all are bulshitters some talented.

no i thought you were joking because if you care to look mate all 3 have very much the same record games, goals, years at club so please as i said why is robbie any different?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.