Robinho.

Alpe Mcfc said:
gazeth said:
I know Robby had quite a poor game yesterday but why is it him that always get's singled out as the main culprit for a defeat. Yesterday nobody and I mean nobody played well, Tevez (who has been excellent of late) was pretty much anonymous but nothing is said about his contribution or for that matter Bellamy. For me for Robby to be effective for us we have to play quick passing football with movement and yesterday we simply didn't do this.

Yesterday we were slow getting the ball forward from the back 4 and therefore allowed Everton to press us too much which then resulted in us lamping it forward towards Tevez and Robby, who let's be honest are never really going to win any headers. That's why the few minutes Santa-Cruz was on the pitch we did ok.
When we "play" football I would rather have Robby in the team, not only for his vision and skill but his off the ball movement which always seems to go unnoticed. In his first couple of games back since his injury it has been his movement (dragging the defenders with him) that has created openings for others to score.
At the moment I think the guy is seriously short on confidence and this won't be helping his performance any either. When he came on against Blackburn at the end he looked a little sharper.

Also one thing that we've not seen much this season is Robby and Stevie Ireland playing together as they had began to develop some excellent link-up play.

100% This. Why isnt there a 50 page thread on how petrov doesnt give two shits?

Probably because Petrov didn't arrive and instantly announce that he wanted to show he was the best player in the World. If you talk the talk you have to walk the walk. You can't have it both ways.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
I saw all the HOME games.

Yes, he was good in them. But the fact that you ignored my questions and only mentioned THREE HOME games from LAST season says it all!
Robinho games for City: 52.

Great games (4): Portsmouth (H), Stoke (H), Hull (H), Everton (A).
Good games (1): Chelsea (H).
Games he tried but was average (2): Liverpool (A), Arsenal (A).
Games he scored but was average / crap and lazy (7): Newcastle (A), Twente (H), Spurs (H), Arsenal (H), Blackburn (A), WBA (H), Blackburn (H).
Games he was average / crap and lazy (38): The rest.

Craig Bellamy games played for City

Newcastle at home - Played well
Stoke away - Poor
Boro home - Good game
Pompey away - Poor
Liverpool away - Good game
West Ham away - Poor before he went off injured
Arsenal away - Poor
Blackburn away - Decent
Pompey away - Decent
Arsenal home - Outstanding
United away - Outstanding
Fulham home - Poor
West Ham home - Decent
Villa away - Played well
Fulham home - Poor
Birmingham away - Poor
Burnley home - Decent
Liverpool away - Poor
Arsenal home - Played well
Bolton away - Decent
Sunderland home - Outstanding
Wolves away - Played well
Blackburn home - Poor
Everton away - Poor

Huge difference in how the two are percieved on here yet they've both had there fair share of bad games and both had their fair share of good games since they've been at the club

I don't like bringing other players into the debate on Robinho but Bellamy is in direct competition with him and is praised left right and centre on here while Robinho is slagged off nearly every week despite only starting a handful of games this season

Failsworth_Blue said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Robinho games for City: 52.

Great games (4): Portsmouth (H), Stoke (H), Hull (H), Everton (A).
Good games (1): Chelsea (H).
Games he tried but was average (2): Liverpool (A), Arsenal (A).
Games he scored but was average / crap and lazy (7): Newcastle (A), Twente (H), Spurs (H), Arsenal (H), Blackburn (A), WBA (H), Blackburn (H).
Games he was average / crap and lazy (38): The rest.

Stoke away - Poor
Boro home - Good game
Pompey away - Poor
Arsenal away - Poor
Blackburn away - Decent
Pompey away - Decent
Fulham home - Poor
West Ham home - Decent
Villa away - Played well
Fulham home - Poor
Birmingham away - Poor
Burnley home - Decent
Liverpool away - Poor
Bolton away - Decent
Blackburn home - Poor
Everton away - Poor

Huge difference in how the two are percieved on here yet they've both had there fair share of bad games and both had their fair share of good games since they've been at the club

I don't like bringing other players into the debate on Robinho but Bellamy is in direct competition with him and is praised left right and centre on here while Robinho is slagged off nearly every week despite only starting a handful of games this season

This is easily explainable though. If Bellamy has a bad game you can't fault his work rate and attitude. I realise that the Robinho fans despair at this 'British attitude' where work-rate is seen as superior to skill but this is the truth. The vast majority of crowd favourites at clubs are lads who run their socks off because fans love a trier.

If Robinho's not doing it with the ball then he offers nowt. That's just the way it is.

m27 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

Stoke away - Poor
Boro home - Good game
Pompey away - Poor
Arsenal away - Poor
Blackburn away - Decent
Pompey away - Decent
Fulham home - Poor
West Ham home - Decent
Villa away - Played well
Fulham home - Poor
Birmingham away - Poor
Burnley home - Decent
Liverpool away - Poor
Bolton away - Decent
Blackburn home - Poor
Everton away - Poor

This is easily explainable though. If Bellamy has a bad game you can't fault his work rate and attitude. I realise that the Robinho fans despair at this 'British attitude' where work-rate is seen as superior to skill but this is the truth. The vast majority of crowd favourites at clubs are lads who rund their socks off because fans love a trier.

If Robinho's not doing it with the ball then he offers nowt. That's just the way it is.

I can see the point your making to some extent but then on the other hand for all Bellamy's running etc it doesn't mask over the fact that he sometimes has poor games. He's an attacking player and should be judged on what he does in the final 3rd, if he's not good enough i'll say so and not just say it doesn't matter because he didn't stop running just like i'll say Robinho's not played well enough when he has the ball at his feet as he hasn't done recently

I am as disappointed as anyone with the team yesterday and Robinho, he always gets more abuse than he deserves. When we are looking for an explanation and someone to blame it's ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS him. I'm pretty sick of it, there is no doubt that Bellamys work rate is much higher, and in a cold battling game like against everton he will not be very effective when we don't play football, he has to be used in a certain way or else he is not going to shine. I don't think it will work our for him here, so he is probably best sold sooner rather than later. But when a team gets such a player to work, the player is without a shadow of a doubt something unique and special which you don't see everywhere.

Failsworth_Blue said:
m27 said:
This is easily explainable though. If Bellamy has a bad game you can't fault his work rate and attitude. I realise that the Robinho fans despair at this 'British attitude' where work-rate is seen as superior to skill but this is the truth. The vast majority of crowd favourites at clubs are lads who rund their socks off because fans love a trier.

I can see the point your making to some extent but then on the other hand for all Bellamy's running etc it doesn't mask over the fact that he sometimes has poor games. He's an attacking player and should be judged on what he does in the final 3rd, if he's not good enough i'll say so and not just say it doesn't matter because he didn't stop running just like i'll say Robinho's not played well enough when he has the ball at his feet as he hasn't done recently

I don't disagree that Bellamy has poor games but I don't think it would be fair to overlook the work he does helping the left back out just because he hasn't scored or set up a goal in a game as he is an "attacking player".

The pro's have a saying, "If you're having a bad game, make sure you have a shocker", in essence, don't hide. Bellamy would never ever hide in a game. I couldn't say the same about Robinho.

BlueSinclair said:
I am as disappointed as anyone with the team yesterday and Robinho, he always gets more abuse than he deserves. When we are looking for an explanation and someone to blame it's ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS him. I'm pretty sick of it, there is no doubt that Bellamys work rate is much higher, and in a cold battling game like against everton he will not be very effective when we don't play football, he has to be used in a certain way or else he is not going to shine. I don't think it will work our for him here, so he is probably best sold sooner rather than later. But when a team gets such a player to work, the player is without a shadow of a doubt something unique and special which you don't see everywhere.

He came on as sub and was then subbed. It seems Mancini wasn't happy with his performance either, it's not just some of us.

m27 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

I don't disagree that Bellamy has poor games but I don't think it would be fair to overlook the work he does helping the left back out just because he hasn't scored or set up a goal in a game as he is an "attacking player".

The pro's have a saying, "If you're having a bad game, make sure you have a shocker", in essence, don't hide. Bellamy would never ever hide in a game. I couldn't say the same about Robinho.

I'm not overlooking the defensive work but i think too much is made out of wide players helping out defenders and sometimes makes them out to have a better game than they probably have just because they got back and put their body in the way especially during the time we we're playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 where a lot was made about Robinho's lack of tracking back but in for me that should never have been an issue because at times we were playing with two defensive midfielders and sometimes 3 (At times last season) so therefore the defence should have cover from the deep lying midfield players rather than the wide men of the front 3

Playing 4-4-2 with Robbie on the left wouldn't work because he wouldn't get back enough and in a 4-4-2 you need to have players who are willing to get back and help the full backs but in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which we played for most of last season and at times this season we shouldn't be expecting the wide players of the front 3 to keep tracking back and therefore don't think the criticism Robinho received for not doing that was fair

Robinho can you also take Petrov with you because he also does not like a hard game. between the two of them none of them track back and even if it is a 70-30 tackle in favour of Petrov he always backs out. Two useless twats.

Failsworth_Blue said:
m27 said:

I'm not overlooking the defensive work but i think too much is made out of wide players helping out defenders and sometimes makes them out to have a better game than they probably have just because they got back and put their body in the way especially during the time we we're playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 where a lot was made about Robinho's lack of tracking back but in for me that should never have been an issue because at times we were playing with two defensive midfielders and sometimes 3 (At times last season) so therefore the defence should have cover from the deep lying midfield players rather than the wide men of the front 3

Playing 4-4-2 with Robbie on the left wouldn't work because he wouldn't get back enough and in a 4-4-2 you need to have players who are willing to get back and help the full backs but in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which we played for most of last season and at times this season we shouldn't be expecting the wide players of the front 3 to keep tracking back and therefore don't think the criticism Robinho received for not doing that was fair

I've never had a go at Robinho for not tracking back, it's not his game and I accept that, if he plays it has to be on the left in a 4 3 3 and let him concentrate on attacking. However, you are saying Bellamy and Robinho should be judged on their 'attacking' performances. This may sound like I'm being arsey but I'm just stating a fact, Robinho hasn't scored yet this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.