Robinho.

m27 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
I'm not overlooking the defensive work but i think too much is made out of wide players helping out defenders and sometimes makes them out to have a better game than they probably have just because they got back and put their body in the way especially during the time we we're playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 where a lot was made about Robinho's lack of tracking back but in for me that should never have been an issue because at times we were playing with two defensive midfielders and sometimes 3 (At times last season) so therefore the defence should have cover from the deep lying midfield players rather than the wide men of the front 3

Playing 4-4-2 with Robbie on the left wouldn't work because he wouldn't get back enough and in a 4-4-2 you need to have players who are willing to get back and help the full backs but in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which we played for most of last season and at times this season we shouldn't be expecting the wide players of the front 3 to keep tracking back and therefore don't think the criticism Robinho received for not doing that was fair

I've never had a go at Robinho for not tracking back, it's not his game and I accept that, if he plays it has to be on the left in a 4 3 3 and let him concentrate on attacking. However, you are saying Bellamy and Robinho should be judged on their 'attacking' performances. This may sound like I'm being arsey but I'm just stating a fact, Robinho hasn't scored yet this season.

Doesn't sound like you're being arsey at all but i've admitted on here earlier and during last week that Robinho must to better that he has done recently when given the chance but lets be fair he's only started 6 premier leauge matches this season so it's not as bad as it sounds

Failsworth_Blue said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Robinho games for City: 52.

Great games (4): Portsmouth (H), Stoke (H), Hull (H), Everton (A).
Good games (1): Chelsea (H).
Games he tried but was average (2): Liverpool (A), Arsenal (A).
Games he scored but was average / crap and lazy (7): Newcastle (A), Twente (H), Spurs (H), Arsenal (H), Blackburn (A), WBA (H), Blackburn (H).
Games he was average / crap and lazy (38): The rest.

Craig Bellamy games played for City

Newcastle at home - Played well
Stoke away - Poor
Boro home - Good game
Pompey away - Poor
Liverpool away - Good game
West Ham away - Poor before he went off injured
Arsenal away - Poor
Blackburn away - Decent
Pompey away - Decent
Arsenal home - Outstanding
United away - Outstanding
Fulham home - Poor
West Ham home - Decent
Villa away - Played well
Fulham home - Poor
Birmingham away - Poor
Burnley home - Decent
Liverpool away - Poor
Arsenal home - Played well
Bolton away - Decent
Sunderland home - Outstanding
Wolves away - Played well
Blackburn home - Poor
Everton away - Poor

Huge difference in how the two are percieved on here yet they've both had there fair share of bad games and both had their fair share of good games since they've been at the club

I don't like bringing other players into the debate on Robinho but Bellamy is in direct competition with him and is praised left right and centre on here while Robinho is slagged off nearly every week despite only starting a handful of games this season

Absolutely nail on head.

Failsworth_Blue said:
m27 said:
I've never had a go at Robinho for not tracking back, it's not his game and I accept that, if he plays it has to be on the left in a 4 3 3 and let him concentrate on attacking. However, you are saying Bellamy and Robinho should be judged on their 'attacking' performances. This may sound like I'm being arsey but I'm just stating a fact, Robinho hasn't scored yet this season.

Doesn't sound like you're being arsey at all but i've admitted on here earlier and during last week that Robinho must to better that he has done recently when given the chance but lets be fair he's only started 6 premier leauge matches this season so it's not as bad as it sounds

Yeah, I accept that mate. It's a stat that doesn't paint the full picture.

I also admit that I'm a bit blinkered with him. He winds me up and the devotion he gets from certain people on here (not you as you've been balanced with your argument) is, in my view, baffling and unwarranted on the whole. As I've said before, I think he's a flat track bully.

Yet people have their favourite players and he has never been a favourite of mine whilst I would always have Bellamy in my side. It's all about opinions as they say.

hgblue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Craig Bellamy games played for City

Newcastle at home - Played well
Stoke away - Poor
Boro home - Good game
Pompey away - Poor
Liverpool away - Good game
West Ham away - Poor before he went off injured
Arsenal away - Poor
Blackburn away - Decent
Pompey away - Decent
Arsenal home - Outstanding
United away - Outstanding
Fulham home - Poor
West Ham home - Decent
Villa away - Played well
Fulham home - Poor
Birmingham away - Poor
Burnley home - Decent
Liverpool away - Poor
Arsenal home - Played well
Bolton away - Decent
Sunderland home - Outstanding
Wolves away - Played well
Blackburn home - Poor
Everton away - Poor

Huge difference in how the two are percieved on here yet they've both had there fair share of bad games and both had their fair share of good games since they've been at the club

I don't like bringing other players into the debate on Robinho but Bellamy is in direct competition with him and is praised left right and centre on here while Robinho is slagged off nearly every week despite only starting a handful of games this season

Absolutely nail on head.

Des Kelly in the Mail made a great point today. When Tevez has a bad game he runs about and chases everything to try and make things happen which makes everyone think he has had a good game. When Berbatov has a bad game his work rate is no different from when he is having a good game which makes he look lazy and disinterested. Replace Tevez for Bellamy and Berbatov for Robinho and you have the same situation.

m27 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

I also admit that I'm a bit blinkered with him. He winds me up and the devotion he gets from certain people on here (not you as you've been balanced with your argument) is, in my view, baffling and unwarranted on the whole. As I've said before, I think he's a flat track bully.

Yet people have their favourite players and he has never been a favourite of mine whilst I would always have Bellamy in my side. It's all about opinions as they say.

No problem with your opinion mate, we're all entitled to them and nothing wrong with a bit of debate like this. Some people are always biased towards thier favourite players and find it hard to say a bad word about them and that just doesn't include Robinho fans, it's the same for Bellamy fans, De Jong fans etc. One things for sure is that based on yesterdays performance everyone must to do better and i'm sure they will

A fit and on form Robinho would be a huge plus for us so i'm hoping he can return to a bit of form but at the moment he's badly out of form

Immaculate Pasta said:
hgblue said:
Absolutely nail on head.

Des Kelly in the Mail made a great point today. When Tevez has a bad game he runs about and chases everything to try and make things happen which makes everyone think he has had a good game. When Berbatov has a bad game his work rate is no different from when he is having a good game which makes he look lazy and disinterested. Replace Tevez for Bellamy and Berbatov for Robinho and you have the same situation.

When did Tevez or Bellamy go straight down the tunnel after being subbed?

When did Mancini have to tell Tevez or Bellamy TWICE before they could be arsed warming up?

When did Tevez or Bellamy say they thought they'd have a better chance of becoming the best player on the planet by joining another club?

Robinho doesn't want to be here. That's why he can't be arsed to put in a performance.

Some people refuse to see the truth.

Failsworth_Blue said:
m27 said:

No problem with your opinion mate, we're all entitled to them and nothing wrong with a bit of debate like this. Some people are always biased towards thier favourite players and find it hard to say a bad word about them and that just doesn't include Robinho fans, it's the same for Bellamy fans, De Jong fans etc. One things for sure is that based on yesterdays performance everyone must to do better and i'm sure they will

A fit and on form Robinho would be a huge plus for us so i'm hoping he can return to a bit of form but at the moment he's badly out of form

I would like nothing more than him to make me look a complete c*nt and run rings round them on Tuesday.

m27 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

As I'm probably one of the people you're referring to I'll try to explain why I back Robinho to the hilt. I'm a City fan of many years standing and Robinho is, on his day, the best player to pull on a City shirt since the Seventies. I believe he had a decent start to the season up until he got injured. Since he came back from this injury he's been struggling, a bit like Tevez at the start of the season. Unfortunately, and this is where he differs from Tevez, his body language when he's not playing well isn't good. In my opinion, this isn't because he doesn't care, but this is how it appears to the average punter. I'm convinced that if the manager and supporters would back this player instead of getting on his case, then we could still have a hell of a player on our hands. This is why I back him on here, and why I hope he plays on Tuesday night. I hope he has a stormer, and a few of the people who have been slagging him off on this thread, will have the balls to come on here and apologise, as many had to when Tevez made them eat their words.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.