Robinho.

JULES said:
pskilla said:
You can't shell out £32m on a player, plus millions more on wages then off load him at the first sign of trouble. Mancini needs to try & make it work as that is what he is paid to do, get the best out of his players. I think he may have subbed him yesterday to give him a kick up the arse and let him know he isn't bigger than the club. I think he needs to be given until the end of the seaon to come good after injury & if he isn't cutting it by then, we should look to offload him. I think the fans should get behind him until then rather than slate him, as if he does come good it will be in our interests.

seems sense to me

well said, he's still a City player and until he is sold...

Kinkysboots said:
Can all you idiots who keep making reference to the fact that it wasnt robbies fault we got beat by Everton wise up a little bit.This issue is not about the Everton game its about Robinho full stop.To make things a little easier for you instead of talking about his shite games,try and remember when he had a good game and made a decent contribution. Ive been racking my brains and I honestly cant remeber without digging deep into last season.NOT GOOD ENOUGH.Everyone has bad games like bellamy did yesterday but they tend to have a few decent ones with it,unlike Mr Robhino.
maybe thats becasue he's made 10 appearances this season, half of which have been for around 10 minutes after being injured for 3 months

mcfc_nick said:
Kinkysboots said:
Can all you idiots who keep making reference to the fact that it wasnt robbies fault we got beat by Everton wise up a little bit.This issue is not about the Everton game its about Robinho full stop.To make things a little easier for you instead of talking about his shite games,try and remember when he had a good game and made a decent contribution. Ive been racking my brains and I honestly cant remeber without digging deep into last season.NOT GOOD ENOUGH.Everyone has bad games like bellamy did yesterday but they tend to have a few decent ones with it,unlike Mr Robhino.
maybe thats becasue he's made 10 appearances this season, half of which have been for around 10 minutes after being injured for 3 months
Fair point Ive completely changed my mind now, hes totally world class and gives his all in every game.

m27 said:
rastus said:
Why thank you, Mr nonowt

Ok, can you tell us exactly why you would start Robinho ahead of Bellamy then?

This Tuesday mate!

Bellamy is one over-stretched muscle away from a lengthy period out... and the league is the priority.

So Robinho would play on Tuesday (and probably at Scunthorpe) while Bellamy would be on the bench having a breather for the next couple of games until the league games start up again.

We have to use our squad. Tevez and Bellamy are currently irreplaceable for our main aim... which is still top 4.

mcfc_nick said:
Kinkysboots said:

Jimmy Bullard had been out a YEAR and yet bossed the midfield against us in his first game back.

But, hey ho, you just keep believing in the myth that is Robinho.

Soulboy said:
m27 said:
Ok, can you tell us exactly why you would start Robinho ahead of Bellamy then?

This Tuesday mate!

Bellamy is one over-stretched muscle away from a lengthy period out... and the league is the priority.

So Robinho would play on Tuesday (and probably at Scunthorpe) while Bellamy would be on the bench having a breather for the next couple of games until the league games start up again.

We have to use our squad. Tevez and Bellamy are currently irreplaceable for our main aim... which is still top 4.

If we were to 'rest' Bellamy for fear of injury I'd have SWP on the right and Petrov on the left.

I don't think there's any going back with Robinho now after yesterday. No matter what is publicly said, I think the relationship between player and manager has already been damaged beyond repair.

Kinkysboots said:
mcfc_nick said:
Fair point Ive completely changed my mind now, hes totally world class and gives his all in every game.
and i said that when? all im saying is get behind the lad and maybe we can make something out of him and get him back to how he was playing in the first half of last year

m27 said:
Soulboy said:
This Tuesday mate!

If we were to 'rest' Bellamy for fear of injury I'd have SWP on the right and Petrov on the left.

I don't think there's any going back with Robinho now after yesterday. No matter what is publicly said, I think the relationship between player and manager has already been damaged beyond repair.

I don't disagree that Robinho's days at City look numbered, and if he were to go this week it would probably be for the best. But so long as he is here we have to be prepared to play him.

We all thought Benjani would never kick a ball for City again... or Garrido... even Petrov looked finished a month ago.

Things change quickly in football, and so I do expect to see Robinho playing in the next couple of matches.

Oh, and Petrov looks like he needs a rest too!

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
m27 said:
I'm not talking about getting rid of him. You said you'd start with him. This, in my humble opinion of course, is quite astonishingly foolish.

Bellamy, even when having a shocker, tries his heart out and will raise the games of others around him. I have faith that he cares about us and the club, can we say that about Robinho? How many goals has Robinho scored again this season? I'm afraid we can't play him into form. We haven't got the time.
Bellamy's worse game since he joined us has been better than any Robinho performances this season.
I used to like Robinho and despratley thaught we should do everything we could to keep him,
but now I realize, he is a complete wanker who doesnt give a shit about anything apart from that nice bundle of cash he gets every week even though we treated him like a god for most of his time here.

However, last season he was very good, he looked good when coming off the bench in the two games before yesterday, and to be fair to him he has'nt got his match fittness back from his injury layoff.

Overall, I still think he needs to fuck off ASAP, if a team like Barca gets him then he might start to give a shit, but thats a major doubt as he didnt give much of a shit at Madrid either.

He needs to be bollocked really badly, maybe give him the Fergie > Beckham treatment. He's like a those kids you see getting arrested and swearing at the coppers, the only way you can sort them out is to kick the shit out of them and say "step out of line again and I'll break your fuckin neck", its sad to say, but thats what Robbi needs (Obviously not that extreme) Even then its 50/50 wether he'll say sorry or tell you to fuck yourself.

If I were Mancini I'd tell him that if he doesnt start trying then I'll cut his wage in half (or maybe 1/4) and not accept any bids from anyone no matter how big. Then tell his wife "sorry but he can only play at home when its sunny so thats all he's getting paid for, so Im affraid you'll have to get your house re-posessed unless he starts performing"

mcfc_nick said:
Kinkysboots said:
and i said that when? all im saying is get behind the lad and maybe we can make something out of him and get him back to how he was playing in the first half of last year
Dont get me wrong as long as he is wearing a blue shirt I will get behind him on matchdays but realistacally how long do we give him, he needs to give us something.As City fans we are used to seeing shite and I can forgive shite performances but what I cant tolerate is lack of heart, desire and willingness to put a shift in.And yes maybe that is not robbies game but what is robbies game coz at the moment Im seeing nothing,absolutely nothing.It cant go on because the more he plays the more it is like playing with ten men(nine including petrov).To have any chance of success we need eleven players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.