Robinho.

Soulboy said:
m27 said:
If we were to 'rest' Bellamy for fear of injury I'd have SWP on the right and Petrov on the left.

I don't think there's any going back with Robinho now after yesterday. No matter what is publicly said, I think the relationship between player and manager has already been damaged beyond repair.

I don't disagree that Robinho's days at City look numbered, and if he were to go this week it would probably be for the best. But so long as he is here we have to be prepared to play him.

We all thought Benjani would never kick a ball for City again... or Garrido... even Petrov looked finished a month ago.

Things change quickly in football, and so I do expect to see Robinho playing in the next couple of matches.

Oh, and Petrov looks like he needs a rest too!

You're not wrong mate, but would you trust Robinho with a starting place after what happened yesterday? I don't know the lad and I'm only guessing but he really doesn't strike me as someone who will think "Right, I'll fucking show you Mancini!" and try his heart out.

He knows his future isn't here and he has one eye on the World Cup. Garrido and Benjani are playing for their futures and, although they have a fraction of Robinho's ability, you can't fault their attitude. I can overlook poor performances, but I can't abide someone who doesn't care and I get the distinct impression Robinho couldn't give a fuck.

I'd be quite happy to make plans for the future without him. Notwithstanding this, I would love him to make me look a dick and win the game for us on Tuesday.

He's only worth playing in a 4-3-3, on the left. And even then he loses posession far too much. He did this last year when he was playing his best, never mind now when he looks half-interested.

But I think Mancini is sticking with 4-4-2. Which doesn't bode well for Stevie Ireland, worryingly.

Didsbury Dave said:
He's only worth playing in a 4-3-3, on the left. And even then he loses posession far too much. He did this last year when he was playing his best, never mind now when he looks half-interested.

But I think Mancini is sticking with 4-4-2. Which doesn't bode well for Stevie Ireland, worryingly.

If Mancini is here for next season and 4 4 2 is his chosen formation expect a hell of a lot of comings and goings in the summer because we simply haven't got the central midfield personnel to be set up like that properly....but we've had this discussion many time before of course.

I know Robby had quite a poor game yesterday but why is it him that always get's singled out as the main culprit for a defeat. Yesterday nobody and I mean nobody played well, Tevez (who has been excellent of late) was pretty much anonymous but nothing is said about his contribution or for that matter Bellamy. For me for Robby to be effective for us we have to play quick passing football with movement and yesterday we simply didn't do this.

Yesterday we were slow getting the ball forward from the back 4 and therefore allowed Everton to press us too much which then resulted in us lamping it forward towards Tevez and Robby, who let's be honest are never really going to win any headers. That's why the few minutes Santa-Cruz was on the pitch we did ok.
When we "play" football I would rather have Robby in the team, not only for his vision and skill but his off the ball movement which always seems to go unnoticed. In his first couple of games back since his injury it has been his movement (dragging the defenders with him) that has created openings for others to score.
At the moment I think the guy is seriously short on confidence and this won't be helping his performance any either. When he came on against Blackburn at the end he looked a little sharper.

Also one thing that we've not seen much this season is Robby and Stevie Ireland playing together as they had began to develop some excellent link-up play.

A player of his talent does not lose it overnight and not get it back again. I don't believe he is disinterested, he has had injuries and I'm not sure he is over them yet. While he is a blue he should be supported by us all and if his talent does not return then we part company at a time to suit the club. Players of his calibre are like finely tuned horses and can go off the boil for no apparent reason, Mancinni will know full well how to deal with this type of player and how to get the best out of him, yesterday's substitution may be the start of Robinho's learning curve. I for one wish them both every success because their success will be ours in the long run.

m27 said:
Soulboy said:
I don't disagree that Robinho's days at City look numbered, and if he were to go this week it would probably be for the best. But so long as he is here we have to be prepared to play him.

We all thought Benjani would never kick a ball for City again... or Garrido... even Petrov looked finished a month ago.

Things change quickly in football, and so I do expect to see Robinho playing in the next couple of matches.

Oh, and Petrov looks like he needs a rest too!

You're not wrong mate, but would you trust Robinho with a starting place after what happened yesterday? I don't know the lad and I'm only guessing but he really doesn't strike me as someone who will think "Right, I'll fucking show you Mancini!" and try his heart out.

He knows his future isn't here and he has one eye on the World Cup. Garrido and Benjani are playing for their futures and, although they have a fraction of Robinho's ability, you can't fault their attitude. I can overlook poor performances, but I can't abide someone who doesn't care and I get the distinct impression Robinho couldn't give a fuck.

I'd be quite happy to make plans for the future without him. Notwithstanding this, I would love him to make me look a dick and win the game for us on Tuesday.

One word... Tevez.

A few on here slaughtered him just weeks ago, not good enough, not fit enough, upset the style of play, yadda ya...

Now he's fitter, more games, he's player of the month for the Premiership!

Robinho is so shit, Barcelona (the greatest football team on the planet) want him.

I accept he may not want to be here, but until he's fully fit and had a run of games we will never know if he can do it for us... a bit like Tevez, eh?

gazeth said:
I know Robby had quite a poor game yesterday but why is it him that always get's singled out as the main culprit for a defeat. Yesterday nobody and I mean nobody played well, Tevez (who has been excellent of late) was pretty much anonymous but nothing is said about his contribution or for that matter Bellamy. For me for Robby to be effective for us we have to play quick passing football with movement and yesterday we simply didn't do this.

Yesterday we were slow getting the ball forward from the back 4 and therefore allowed Everton to press us too much which then resulted in us lamping it forward towards Tevez and Robby, who let's be honest are never really going to win any headers. That's why the few minutes Santa-Cruz was on the pitch we did ok.
When we "play" football I would rather have Robby in the team, not only for his vision and skill but his off the ball movement which always seems to go unnoticed. In his first couple of games back since his injury it has been his movement (dragging the defenders with him) that has created openings for others to score.
At the moment I think the guy is seriously short on confidence and this won't be helping his performance any either. When he came on against Blackburn at the end he looked a little sharper.

Also one thing that we've not seen much this season is Robby and Stevie Ireland playing together as they had began to develop some excellent link-up play.

100% This. Why isnt there a 50 page thread on how petrov doesnt give two shits?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.