Robinho.

SouthStand211 said:
I cannot believe the vile and hate against Robinho. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. He's just come back from injury, and when he came on against Blackburn he showed a glimpse of what he can do. Robinson saved in the end. But rather than let him find his way back into the team you boo him, yet if he scored on Tuesday as a sub you'd cheer his name. Double standards.

Even if he isn't settling, what a player to have in the squad?!! But no, you want him OUT. So let's say Petrov is injured and Bellamy has to be rested due to his chronic knee problem. Oh Robinho has gone to Barca because he was driven out and we didnt have time to get a replacement as everyone wanted him out so quickly.

GET BEHIND HIM!

Sorry SouthStand, can't see eye-to-eye with you on this one buddy. Yes, when he's on form, he's spell-binding, but not enough for my liking. Remember that bemused photo-call at the airport when we signed him - him, Hughes, and a City shirt ? I recall then thinking WOW !!! what a coup. But Robinho didn't look like he knew where Manchester was, let alone 'who the heck is Mark Hughes?'

Sadly, his heart is elsewhere, moreso after Elano went. He's had his chance at City but is too unpredictable IMO. In his mind, we are not big enough for his talents, and he clearly wants out. Only the money is keeping him here, not love for the club or fans I'm afraid.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
He's already getting booed of some fans at home so not sure what you're getting at?

Ok, well add 'along time ago' onto that and you will see what I mean. The point is pretty clear really. He is being given time from some fans just because he's 'Robinho'. Well Robinho is proving to be little more than an average player who shows some signs of brilliance......sometimes. A player who cists £32.5m should show brilliance alot more, if not all the time and at least show some effort when not having a brilliant game. He is poor and we need to get rid.

Does that mean we need to get rid???

I think the same of SWP in that he's average. BUT I don't drive him out of the club, I want him a quality squad player, and if when fit Robinho isnt playing well, I want him on the bench not with a rival!

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
He's already getting booed of some fans at home so not sure what you're getting at?

Ok, well add 'along time ago' onto that and you will see what I mean. The point is pretty clear really. He is being given time from some fans just because he's 'Robinho'. Well Robinho is proving to be little more than an average player who shows some signs of brilliance......sometimes. A player who cists £32.5m should show brilliance alot more, if not all the time and at least show some effort when not having a brilliant game. He is poor and we need to get rid.

He is being given some time by fans because he's Robinho? Have you read most of the posts in this thread, the vast majority want him gone. I'm giving him time because i've seen what he can do when he's in form. By this time last season he's scored more goals than any of our players has up to this point this season and put in some excellent performances before he had a bad 3 months from January to April where he didn't perform well and he then went on to end the season in good form scoring in 3 successive leauge games

This season he's started 6 games and has been injured for a long part. For people to write him off because of a few bad months is a bit of a joke in my opinion especially considering we've seen what he can do. It's up to him to let his feet do the walking now because i've stuck up for him enough and it's time he started to show some form but lets not go over the top and call him a shit player, someone who's not good enough because that in my opinion is far from the truth

Pigeonho said:
SouthStand211 said:
I cannot believe the vile and hate against Robinho. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. He's just come back from injury, and when he came on against Blackburn he showed a glimpse of what he can do. Robinson saved in the end. But rather than let him find his way back into the team you boo him, yet if he scored on Tuesday as a sub you'd cheer his name. Double standards.

Even if he isn't settling, what a player to have in the squad?!! But no, you want him OUT. So let's say Petrov is injured and Bellamy has to be rested due to his chronic knee problem. Oh Robinho has gone to Barca because he was driven out and we didnt have time to get a replacement as everyone wanted him out so quickly.

GET BEHIND HIM!

You don't sub a sub unless they are that awful you have to do it to both improve the team and to give that player a message. He cares not one little bit about anything when he's on the pitch. If this was SWP or one of the 'lesser' names, he would have been booed at home, fact. Was listening to talksport this morning and they were saying they couldn't remember another player to be subbed as a sub other than Brian Laws when Clough did it at Forest. They had used their subs and to take him off was reducing them to 10 men, but he did it to prove a point to the player that below-par performances are not acceptable. Robinho is a poor player in this league.

Talksport are ridiculous, Eboue was subbed as a sub a couple of seasons ago, and he'd come on later than Robbie.

On the issue of Robinho I don't see why we should sell him if we can't get a decent price or find a replacement. Just let him stay on the bench or even in the reserves when our injured players recover. If he wants to play for Brazil or have a future at all then he'll have to pull his finger out and do something.

1894 said:
SouthStand211 said:

GET BEHIND HIM!

Sorry SouthStand, can't see eye-to-eye with you on this one buddy. Yes, when he's on form, he's spell-binding, but not enough for my liking. Remember that bemused photo-call at the airport when we signed him - him, Hughes, and a City shirt ? I recall then thinking WOW !!! what a coup. But Robinho didn't look like he knew where Manchester was, let alone 'who the heck is Mark Hughes?'

Sadly, his heart is elsewhere, moreso after Elano went. He's had his chance at City but is too unpredictable IMO. In his mind, we are not big enough for his talents, and he clearly wants out. Only the money is keeping him here, not love for the club or fans I'm afraid.

I didnt see him look disinterested on Saturday... I saw a player thats struggling to get back to his best in his 3rd game since an injury. He'll come good, he has to if he wants to play in the world cup. Im not saying he definitley will, I'm saying we shouldnt be so quick to hound him out.

SouthStand211 said:
Pigeonho said:

Does that mean we need to get rid???

I think the same of SWP in that he's average. BUT I don't drive him out of the club, I want him a quality squad player, and if when fit Robinho isnt playing well, I want him on the bench not with a rival!

A £32.5m bench player? Not going to happen, more so from the players point of view. At least SWP looks interested even when having a shocker. For me the biggest ever sign that a players days are numbered is when he comes on as a sub, then gets subbed himself not long after. He is as ineffective as it gets, and the other 10 players have to make up for his negative. Its been fun, and it was exciting that night we signed him but now, for me, is the time to cut our losses and let the player go back to a league he prefers and we get someone more suitable.

SouthStand211 said:
1894 said:

I didnt see him look disinterested on Saturday... I saw a player thats struggling to get back to his best in his 3rd game since an injury. He'll come good, he has to if he wants to play in the world cup. Im not saying he definitley will, I'm saying we shouldnt be so quick to hound him out.

fully endorse SouthStand's view

ive not read the whole thread but if any body is still happy with robinho then they need to have a word with themselves. saturday was a disgrace and just added to his pathetic attemps this season. i hope we get rid and get a decent replacement in.

Our Brazilian experience has been magnificent - Giovanni, Elano, Robinho, Berti and Sylvinho. Have I missed anyone else ? They have added glamour, flair, excitement and all the rest of the expectation that goes with being Brazilian. Yes, its been a heady mix at times, and has sent us sky-high with our expectations but the euphoria always seems to fizzle out leaving us with 'what if ?' memories.

What if Robinho was fully fit ? What if Hughes had managed Elano better ? What if Giovanni had shown a bit more passion ? What if...what if...what if.

It's great while it lasts, but is it time to reconsider the type of player that actually thrives in the Premier League, because I'm not sure any of our Brazilians have what it takes to play and train in all-weathers and give their very best. That's why they probably do better in warmer climates, and in leagues where the pace is not as frenetic as ours.

I would have liked Elano to stay a while longer, but I can't influence club decisions. Time will tell what happens to Robinho with Mancini at the helm...

1894 said:
Our Brazilian experience has been magnificent - Giovanni, Elano, Robinho, Berti and Sylvinho. Have I missed anyone else ? They have added glamour, flair, excitement and all the rest of the expectation that goes with being Brazilian. Yes, its been a heady mix at times, and has sent us sky-high with our expectations but the euphoria always seems to fizzle out leaving us with 'what if ?' memories.

What if Robinho was fully fit ? What if Hughes had managed Elano better ? What if Giovanni had shown a bit more passion ? What if...what if...what if.

It's great while it lasts, but is it time to reconsider the type of player that actually thrives in the Premier League, because I'm not sure any of our Brazilians have what it takes to play and train in all-weathers and give their very best. That's why they probably do better in warmer climates, and in leagues where the pace is not as frenetic as ours.

I would have liked Elano to stay a while longer, but I can't influence club decisions. Time will tell what happens to Robinho with Mancini at the helm...

It's like one of our Italian posters said about Kaka - they are great and then become "ghosts"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.