Robinho.

bluem0ng said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
He was shit for most of the away games.

Apart from Ireland who was good in most of the away games oh wise one?

Difference is Ireland actually tries and gives 110%, if he's having a shit game it doesn't make a difference, he could be having the worse game of his life and he'll still be trying just as hard as Tevez always does, robinho plays when HE feels like it, he plays when HE wants, he plays when HE feels up for it, HE is not worthy of a place in our squad, never mind the team.

I think he's a great player that seems to have lost his way. His whole body language on Saturday when he came on for Santa Cruz looked wrong and he again failed to deliver on the pitch away from home. To come on as a substitute and then find yourself being substituted must be hard to take and he needs to have great mental strength if he is to recover his form at this club.

underated_zino said:
but while HE IS HERE we should get behind him, and SHOW HIM SOME LOYALTY!!

"I'm very happy about the interest that Barcelona have in me, playing in the Nou Camp it is much easier to be the best player in the world than at City," Jims Dirty Underpants told Radio Bandeirantes in Brazil.

Loyalty should work TWO ways!

adelaideblue said:
rogdogblue said:
Just needs a goal to light his game up.
Hope he wins us both legs of the semi and shuts up all the sheep.

i think he would get as much confidence from winning a crunching tackle as a goal. someone needs to get him to one side at training a teach him how to make the proper use of his light frame. its embarrassing how timid he is when attacking the ball. not expecting him to be a tiatto but it will help his game to learn how to actually tackle a player.

goodness me? it's like asking michael owen to become patrick viera. he needs to get back to doing what he does well, not pretend he's something he's not!

on a wider note all of this is OTT. everyone has concerns. no-one is pretending he's doing great. but is it worth making such a fuss over one player in a squad of 24? the wages and the fee don't matter a jot now, they are effectively history. he's purely a flair player who isn't playing well. always looks like they aren't trying in such situations. it's almost impossible to judge as an outsider. you have to leave it to the man in charge. I think we can all agree he's not in thrall to him, he'll do the right thing. OTT criticism doesn't really serve any purpose but to make him look more important to us than maybe he is.

Was it Robinho who assisted Tevez's fourth against Blackburn? Was it Robinho who played the pass having created the space on Saturday for Bellers to cross the ball, that Tevez only just missed converting? Was it not Robinho who almost controlled a mid air volley to score, something that ALL his critics could only dream about even touching never mind almost scoring? Form is temporary class his permanent I know which one applies to Robi and the soon the so called supporters get behind him the sooner class will tell But then you are probably the City fans who always have to have a scape goat and yes The Goat was one at the beginning before becoming a cult hero. Ged on City Mancs summed it up he called it the Dickov effect

bluem0ng said:
You posted the quote and want me to provide a source?

Yes. A source for your claim that: "it's been doctored as well. He never said all that in one sentence at least, all context has been removed to further someon's agenda."

You're disagreeing that all the context has been removed?

If you can't even provide a credible source for your quote don't even bother posting it again, how about that?

bluem0ng said:
Yes. A source for your claim that: "it's been doctored as well. He never said all that in one sentence at least, all context has been removed to further someon's agenda."

You're disagreeing that all the context has been removed?

I'm asking you to provide evidence for your claim that "it's been doctored as well. He never said all that in one sentence at least, all context has been removed."

So far you've provided no evidence at all.

If you can't even provide a credible source for your quote don't even bother posting it again, how about that?

How about this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6443870/Robinho-says-Barcelona-better-placed-than-Manchester-City-to-make-him-worlds-best.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -best.html</a>

It's a hellava lot more than you've provided.

Even if its to do with his fitness his behaviour is appaling,he shows no respect by storming off down the tunnel,like a kid who has just had his ball took off him

I got an interesting lecture on the Robinho conundrum tonight...

Purely from a footballing point of view, his position is wide left of a front three. He's got the vast vast majority of his goals and assists when playing in that position. I guess that's pretty obvious though. The part which got me thinking was that he's actually not versatile at all. He simply can't play in any other position. So in effect, as soon as you put him wide left of a midfield four, he becomes completely redundant because he just can't play there. It doesn't suit his abilities or his natural instincts. It's the equivalent of playing Petrov as a centre forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.