Rochdale... was it a bomb or a plague?

pominoz said:
The Flash said:
Josh Blue said:
Well said nijinsky's fetlocks

Of course we had immigration before 1997. It just used to be regulated and monitored prior to that.

That's why there are 150,000 failed asylum seekers still in the UK that the authorities can't trace.

How do they know they are in the UK, if they cannot find them?
They're here they're plotting I can hear them

Strated working in Norden back in 1982 and it was a lovely village, had some great nights out there and met some true friends whom I still see to this day, all Blues as well. The company I worked for moved a few years later to Queensway just down from Kirkholt and it was a real eye opener. Over the years the site got torched, robbed and always had problems with local scrotes.

Next door was a Kwik save which our site overlooked from above and they eventually moved out and the empty building became a haven for prostitutes and druggies. Lost count of the amount of prossies we used to watch in cars giving blow jobs and they knew they had an audience. It got to the point where they would openly lie on top of the bonnet of a car and get fucked in broad daylight. Even had taxi drivers pull up with customers to do the deed whilst the driver waited 10yards away. Fucking unreal at times.

We eventually got bought out and closed down 6 years ago, probably employed about 50/60 local people at the time. I've not been back to the Dale since but ex-work colleagues tell me the place is on its knees.

Blue2112 said:
Strated working in Norden back in 1982 and it was a lovely village, had some great nights out there and met some true friends whom I still see to this day, all Blues as well. The company I worked for moved a few years later to Queensway just down from Kirkholt and it was a real eye opener. Over the years the site got torched, robbed and always had problems with local scrotes.

Next door was a Kwik save which our site overlooked from above and they eventually moved out and the empty building became a haven for prostitutes and druggies. Lost count of the amount of prossies we used to watch in cars giving blow jobs and they knew they had an audience. It got to the point where they would openly lie on top of the bonnet of a car and get fucked in broad daylight. Even had taxi drivers pull up with customers to do the deed whilst the driver waited 10yards away. Fucking unreal at times.

We eventually got bought out and closed down 6 years ago, probably employed about 50/60 local people at the time. I've not been back to the Dale since but ex-work colleagues tell me the place is on its knees.

Like the girls?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The Flash said:
Josh Blue said:
Well said nijinsky's fetlocks

Of course we had immigration before 1997. It just used to be regulated and monitored prior to that.

That's why there are 150,000 failed asylum seekers still in the UK that the authorities can't trace.

Many of which are seeking asylum from oppressive regimes where we have backed puppet dictators,sold arms to both sides,then reduced their countries to rubble.
What goes around...

And so if one of them is driving around in an uninsured car and knocks you down, or if one of them burgles your gaff, you're happy with that are you?

Cos you know, it was your taxes that paid for the British Judicial system to consider their application and turn it down, having had fair hearing in front of a judge?

What goes around....

I know rochdale pretty well.I have never lived there but my mums side of the family are from there,got aunties,uncles and cousins living in various areas around dale and heywood (i'd count that as rochdale,but hey ho),and have visited them all my life,even been watching dale a fair few times with them.I dont think its as bad as people are making out.I think its just a sign of the times at the moment.there are pubs,clubs,shops and houses,closed down and boarded up everywhere at the moment.
If you take macc as an example,couple of rough-ish estates,but many affluent areas.still shops/pubs etc boarded up/closed down in town centre.
everywhere seems to have gone downhill,but it depends where your starting point was,and rochdale has never been described as posh!
If you want to make somewhere look bad and focus on the bad points,its easy to call it a dive,as it has many bad points,but there are some good points.
Something i believe is a problem with rochdale,is the asians and the whites have never really integrated,and with the amount of other eastern european settlers living there now,this problem will only grow.you cant have 10 different groups living in a small space,ignorant of each others lifestyle and ways.there will be various flashpoints and eventually it will explode. As someone else has said,bring in 3rd world settlers,and you'll create a 3rd world.but if these settlers are taught about the ways and lifestyles of the people already here,and vice versa,they explain their own,it can and will work,and hopefully will make a great place to live.

The Flash said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The Flash said:

Many of which are seeking asylum from oppressive regimes where we have backed puppet dictators,sold arms to both sides,then reduced their countries to rubble.
What goes around...

And so if one of them is driving around in an uninsured car and knocks you down, or if one of them burgles your gaff, you're happy with that are you?

Cos you know, it was your taxes that paid for the British Judicial system to consider their application and turn it down, having had fair hearing in front of a judge?

What goes around....

Why didn't they claim asylum in one of the many countries between the UK & their homeland?

goatastuta said:
Something i believe is a problem with rochdale,is the asians and the whites have never really integrated,and with the amount of other eastern european settlers living there now,this problem will only grow.you cant have 10 different groups living in a small space,ignorant of each others lifestyle and ways.there will be various flashpoints and eventually it will explode. As someone else has said,bring in 3rd world settlers,and you'll create a 3rd world.but if these settlers are taught about the ways and lifestyles of the people already here,and vice versa,they explain their own,it can and will work,and hopefully will make a great place to live.

All good and well in a utopian society, but in real life, it's just wishful thinking.....so many of these ''settlers'' have no intention of nor wish to intergrate with the host nation's society and life. (And not just here) rather they just want to make the host nation as theirs is/was.....(Cue our liberal friend's here mentioning Brits in Spain wanting chippies and beer)

MCFCTrick said:
goatastuta said:

All good and well in a utopian society, but in real life, it's just wishful thinking.....so many of these ''settlers'' have no intention of nor wish to intergrate with the host nation's society and life. (And not just here) rather they just want to make the host nation as theirs is/was.....(Cue our liberal friend's here mentioning Brits in Spain wanting chippies and beer)

True,but i think in time,it will happen/work.It has to!
If i moved somewhere,i'd want my 'british home comforts'.whether i'd get them is another matter. possibly what i'm saying is the problem occurs when we lump the 'settlers' together.maybe its more difficult to embrace anothers culture,if you live in your own little haven (eg.mini poland,mini pakistan). if that is the case,the authorities/government havent learnt from previous 50 odd years of mistakes.

Anyway back to ripping the shit out of rochdale.....Tin town is a f*ckin hell hole lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.