Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 17 Jul 2019.

1. Damocles

Damocles

He's a cnut aswell. I like that. That was one of the things I liked about young Biscuits, he was a smarmy cheating fouling little prick who also happened to be an incredible footballer and athlete.

We need some of them on our team. We're a bit likeable at times.

ADegenerate likes this.
  2. OB1

OB1

Oh I think there's a few likenesses to Yaya and they may grow; more so than he does Dinho. He has the physical stature and he looks like he can do the passing hub bit like Yaya but the obvious comparison made about him is obvious for a good reason.

What I believe is already highly transparent is that Pep loves this guy and predicts big things for him with very good reason. Even Alyson Rudd managed to spot that he has presence: another Yaya likeness but the, perhaps, more importantly in the way that Vinnie does. I keep changing my mind on who is going to be the long-term successor to Vinnie as captain but it wouldn't surprise me if this time next year Rodri has been voted in - probably won't happen as respect for seniority may win the day again but I have very high hopes for Rodders. Hugely impressed by him so far. He oozes that Rolls-Royce quality in same way as Stones but I think he is even more talented.

blue ranger, BrianW and Dax777 like this.
  3. OB1

OB1

Well Yaya was an even more special player than Fern but both share one big thing in common, they are just superb footballers i.e. guys who have the technical, tactical and athletic ability to play at a high level in multiple positions (should they choose to). The majority of Fern's appearances this season may not be as DM.

Rodri is a quality footballer but is a DM by choice and he just looks made for that role in a Guardiola team.

Dax777 likes this.
  4. karen7

karen7

The pundits love him,even Ruddy and fat man love him,someone on talksport just said he was so calm and in control that all he was missing was a cigar

Franknorgrovesnephew likes this.
  5. Tevez City

Tevez City

Not really, my opinion about him was before he even sign for City.

But anyway, lets hope he will be the best DM in the League this season.

6. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

So, you’re saying your opinion of him will never change regardless of evidence to the contrary?

Good to know.

7. City_Sean

City_Sean

I thought he was excellent on Saturday. He continually wanted the ball and was signalling at other players to move. The Busquets comparison is more than fair.

Summerbee88 likes this.
  8. ctid1894

ctid1894

I thought the complete opposite, I thought his body positioning when receiving possession was his best attribute. I appreciate he made a few mistakes but overall I thought he made space for himself and opened up the pitch brilliantly. The few mistakes I hope will erase themselves when he’s more accustomed to the pace and intensity of the league.

He still lacks a bit of aggression for my liking but I’d still have Michael Brown or De Jong back for some of their tackles from time to time, so I’m hardly right to judge.

9. domalino

domalino

Tell that to West Ham- Haller and Felipe Anderson are going to miss this week's game because he kicked the shit out of them!

twosips and Deepest Blue like this.
  10. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I'd say he has a very controlled aggression,he looks like he is well on his way to mastering the dark arts too :-)

Dinho will approve.

Deepest Blue likes this.