Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

When i broke my shoulder one consultant said he will operate, the other one in the same team said he wouldnt touch it with a barge pole because it was in too many bit and broken across the joint . I wouldnt be concerned about split opinion

Get well soon rodders

Correct. Played 20 games of that 19-20 season. Admittedly he was never quite the same after that. In 17/18 and 18/19 I really think he was the best CB in the Premier League alongside Van Dijk (for that time) but once he came back he was always second choice. Hopefully Rodri can retain more of his current self upon his return if it's an ACL tear after all.

I think Laporte was our best defender in 21/22. His level was very close to his pre-injury level. After Stones's brilliant season in 20/21, people were a bit upset that Pep preferred Laporte in 21/22 and were a bit too critical of him. But there's little doubt he was our most reliable defender in 21/22.

In the grand scheme of things its actually largely irrelevant, if its a few months and we are still up there challenging he wont be rushed back because whatever we are doing to compensate is working, if we are not in contention then he wont be rushed back because well why would you.

Hopefully its the former and he can be gently eased back in.

I think Laporte was our best defender in 21/22. His level was very close to his pre-injury level. After Stones's brilliant season in 20/21, people were a bit upset that Pep preferred Laporte in 21/22 and were a bit too critical of him. But there's little doubt he was our most reliable defender in 21/22.
Yeah, I think the injury that really finished Laporte at the highest level was the knee problem he played through at the end of 21/22, because we had no other centre backs fit.

Hero.

My thinking is that is that it is most likely ACL. If you look at the mechanism of injury, it's a classic pivot shift. I would not be surprised if it was a partial tear. The knee did not look immediately swollen and was stable enough that he walked off the pitch and he hasn't been wearing a knee brace. The question, I think, is whether he needs a full reconstruction or ligament augmentation. I don't think rehab will cut it. I suspect that is why he is getting multiple opinions. If it were a complete ACL rupture, there would be no debate regarding the surgery. Lateral or Medial collateral would not usually need surgery. A PCL injury is usually a major event, so it's not that.

I did lots of research into ligament repairs when i ruptured my own ACL many years ago.

If its MCL or LCL they probably won't make a surgical intervention unless it's a complete rupture (snapped). As others have said it can heal over time if it's Grade 1 (a minor tear) or Grade 2 (more seious tear). If all goes well 4-5 months.

If its ACL there may well be split opinion on what to do if its not a rupture. It's possible to try to manage through none surgical means however there's probably an increased liklihood of further damage or rupture in the future considering the stresses in professional football. Time limits on recovery are dependent on treatment and Rodris body's ability to recover from whatever they are but probably minimum 4-5 months.

If it is ruptured its full reconstruction and 8 -12 months for full recovery if all goes well. The pathway for graft management is a well trodden one and the time for recovery cannot be rushed for athletes physical rehabilitation. These days its a very structured recovery plan. All the possible shortcuts have been tried and mostly failed to speed up the process from grafts failing to take or becoming untethered to graft failure.

Without a knowledge of the diagnosis its difficult to say what they will do exactly but he is probably out for 5 months minimum if its any of the above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.