Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

giphy.gif

They could have revamped the CL into 3 groups of 12 and used the 36 team league format whereby every team plays 2 games against pot 1, 2 and 3 seeds, same as now but 2 games less. UEFA originally wanted 10 games but settled on 8 but it's only for the three seasons from 2024-25 to 2026-7, they'll be back for more without a doubt.

The Club World Cup is a joke, this season in the hotbed of World Football that is the USA. Infantino lives in Qatar, he'll be doing his best to get it played in the Middle East in future along with the bollocks of air conditioned stadiums, it's impossible to play football in the Middle East in Summer, there's a saying "only three things wrong with Dubai, June, July and August". He'll find a way and as you say something has to give, I absolutely detest International football, something I never thought I'd say going back 30 years ago.
Players have to take responsibility for themselves. I totally get an International player at a club outside the European places wanting to play for their countries, but in today's football, City vs Real in the CL is arguably bigger than England vs Spain in the pointless Nations League.

It's not a decision I've ever had to make, but if I was potentially playing 50-60 PL, CL, FA Cup & CC matches per season for City, I'd be glad of the rest during the numerous international breaks & tournaments.

Even more baffling are players like Walker & KDB who're entering the twilight of their careers, but still want to rinse themselves out playing pointless matches for their countries, above extending their top flight domestic careers.

Players can't complain about the amount of games they play, whilst making themselves available for international friendlies & bullshit Nations League games.

Depends what fluid, my mate when diagnosed with Prostate Cancer had a tube inserted into his ball bag through his nudger, there was so much blood the scan was useless and he had to go through the same procedure once the blood dissipated.
Might depend on which type of scanner, MRI or Cat scanner. Suspect it’s a top of the range 3D MRI scanner. No expert but I’ve been informed there is a difference. Rodri’s will be top of the range.

It might be ACL related but not as bad as feared. How come?

Remember Laporte had an ACL injury in 19/20 and recovered from it in 5 months. IIRC, he played vs SU away after being 5 months out, late January or early February, 2020.

If Rodri's injury is like Laporte's, he might be back in late February or March. Would be nice to play the last 3 months of the season with him in the team.
The guy probably needed at least an extra months rest before his injury this season after the workload he endured over the last 18 months. A rest would do him good mentally as well. People consistently forget the mental toll sport at the highest levels exerts on people. If he got back in February or March it might be the difference between joy or sorrow come June.

The guy probably needed at least an extra months rest before his injury this season after the workload he endured over the last 18 months. A rest would do him good mentally as well. People consistently forget the mental toll sport at the highest levels exerts on people. If he got back in February or March it might be the difference between joy or sorrow come June.
Full rest is no comparison with rehab though, which can be physically gruelling and mentally tough.

Off the scale Tribalism, makes you wonder how on earth we will get anything close to a fair trial
You'd hope because those overseeing the City vs PL case are not Twitter Arsenal fans from Kenya, and are highly qualified legal bods with a little bit more going on between their ears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.