Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

Yeah so were the scousers when KDB went down in 2018/19 and we had a terrible Xmas. Enter Bernardo and Fernandinho alongside Merlin. Oh and the Vinny thunderbolt. 18 out of the last 19. 14 on the bounce. Prob my favourite season but it nearly gave me a few cardiac arrests.
I hated that season because of the Dips, fairly closely followed by 21/22. I loathe Arse, but Dips were/are far better team.

Didn’t pep say he needed surgery? In which case it surely can’t be a grade 1
Grade 1 would likely not require surgery

Grade 2 depends, for a professional athlete it might be worthwhile to have surgery to fix it properly. For a normal person it might not be the selected option as that can mean time off work etc to recover

Grade 3 (rupture) surgery!!

Having done mine at grade 3, i couldnt walk like rodri managed to off the pitch or the following day unaided. So with no evidence other than that (and Peps comments), i would say its likely grade 2 and hopefully only damage to 1 of the ligaments (theres 4 in total from memory). Maybe 3 months out if we get a break hopefully!!

Would they manipulate it if they thought it was his ACL?

Found it interesting the way they was moving his leg as it was the same motion that I had done to me when I ruptured my medial ligament. I had a grade 2/3 tear in my medial, was just about being held together by fibres.
In fact I remember the physio jumping when she started to manipulate my leg as she said my knee was 'wide open'. It took 6 weeks of exercise, heat treatment and massaging to get it back to normal.

Hoping this is what Rodri has got.
Would an MRI scan be clear enough to show extent of damage?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.