Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

I must say that thought crossed my mind too.

Not sure we will find who we want in the winter window. We might be better off finding a new but still effective way of playing. Hard to know if Rodri will be the same player when he gets back. Modern surgery normally means a full recovery is possible but some players after a year or more out of action never manage to get fully back in the Grove.
This season winning our Big battle off the pitch and consolidating our position in Europe may represent an excellent return.
I don’t think we will buy for the sake of it. Plenty there for pep to work his magic. I’d keep an eye on Gvardiol personally. I think he might be used there. I’m sure someone will shoot me down though ha ha

It used to be the case that international football was the zenith of the football world. In recent years however club teams are now commonly superior to most national sides. Hence many of us now find the international matches particularly outside the major competitions dull and boring. These 3 breaks in the first half of the season are especially trying for many supporters. It would be much better to scrap these pointless games and indeed most qualifying matches as well and use the free space for a 2 or 3 week complete break in January.
It won't be better for FIFA and UEFA's bank balances though, which is why we have so many 'meaningless friendlies'

It’s been a proper fucking weird week for City news plus I think the fan base are drained from those 4 games
Pep to bail out the stingy board again me thinks. We have options and we have Pep but i think if another midfielder goes down we might dip into the market.
Play the kids in the domestic cups and just focus on Pl/CL. Mad to think we might have a club World Cup at the end of the season too. Too much

You would hope that Kev makes the decision in order to further his City career.

Surely his employer deserves consideration , and I am a massive lover of Kev before the abuse follows .

It won't be better for FIFA and UEFA's bank balances though, which is why we have so many 'meaningless friendlies'
But maybe some sort of a levy on clubs and on players earning over say 30 or 40 k a week could be used to keep the greedy bastards happy and the fixture list down to essential matches only.

Herein lies the problem. Everyone just wants a piece of the pie. International football is no longer the pinnacle now that the top clubs recruit internationally. The domestic cup competitions have basically been pushed to the periphery with the League Cup surely on borrowed time. The expansion of the CL and EL has pushed elite-level football to the limit. This is why we're seeing clubs take matters into their own hands via the ESL - "we are the backbone of the game, we think we can negotiate better deals off the back of our brand recognition, and we can do it purely on terms that suit us best". We're heading towards a seminal moment.

Big loss. We saw how the performance vs arsenal changed when he went off...
Against the bottom half teams we will be fine especially at home.....top 5 will be a lot more difficult
Lots of people over the summer said we needed cover for rodri....he himself said he couldn't play that many games.. .if the club had an idea for cover but didn't do it for whatever reason they now need to rethink this... any combination we field is still weaker than playing rodri there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.