Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Nah, Pol Ballus. Pretty connected with the club. Kind of a similar tier to Sam Lee in that he doesn't know absolutely everything but travels with the squad, attends press conferences, has decent contacts inside the club. The only definitive line coming out of City's camp is that Rodri's being sent for tests, while the line coming out of Rodri's camp is that he's going to miss a "significant period" of the season, with a few people close to him apparently worried it could be the entire season he's out for. I'm still holding out hope that he's back in February.

If I was Pol Ballus I'd be so offended by that.

I don’t think we will buy anyone in Jan to cover for Rodri. We have gundogan and he will fill that position. We will win it all this season. The team will do it for Rodri, loads more records to be broken this season. Relax blues we will cement our place in history

It could be a great opportunity for someone. If Kovacic or Gundo end up playing a lot more 6 we should see McAtee more, Lewis might cement his place as a midfielder if he gets a long run there instead of being a utility player, Wilson-Esbrand could end up playing at LB if Rico is elsewhere, Jacob Wright could get his chance in the cups.

It could even be the chance Nunes needs.

No point getting too down about it, he may well be back for the games we really need him for in March onwards and even if he misses the whole season, he will get the rest and break from football he needs - Rodri’s only 28, he’s the same age Fernandinho was when he arrived at the club, and if he’s gonna stay another 7 years then a break and being managed more carefully when he returns might be what’s needed to keep him at the top long term.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.