Rodri's strike comment

Is there even a mechanism for players to strike? They aren't in a union are they?
This is a great question and one I have thought about. The PFA might represent players in England but does it actually have a collective bargaining agreement and a contract with all the players?

Against whom would the players strike?? UEFA?? FIFA?? Premier league?? Would it even be legal?

Professional sports leagues have collective bargaining agreements with the players as a whole. When they expire, there have on rare occasion been strike/work stoppages.

"Rodri on whether players would ever consider going on strike, if the number of games they are asked to play continues to increase: "Yes, I think we are close to that. It is easy to understand. In general, if you ask any player he will say the same. It is not like it is just the opinion of Rodri, or whoever. I think it is a general opinion of the players, and if it keeps this way, it will be a moment where we have no other option. Let's see. I don't know what is going to happen but it is something that worries us because we are the guys that suffer."

What do you think, I think there is an argument that the clubs should be responsible for ensuring players are happy and rotate?
Can’t blame the players, it’s the fukin greedy fukers running the game ……I back them 110%

Strike? Get to fuck. I seen some comments the other day (hopefully there's more context to it) that Akanji might consider early retirement due the amount of games they're playing.

Must be a fucking great life if you can consider retirement at 30 because you play footie 55 times a year.

I’m assuming if there were less games then the players would also be happy to take wage cuts due to the loss of revenue the clubs would experience? Somehow I doubt it

Yes but they don't have typical jobs either. Most of them can do the school run before heading to training and they also earn a significant amount to live a luxurious lifestyle which means anytime they do have off in the summer is quite a substantial and restful break for them.
It’s typical for pep to give the players 3/4 days off when there isn’t a game in the midweek. The players fly in private jets to all parts of the globe! They hardly have it tough and are well compensated for their “sacrifices”

No they don't they could do a Ben White and say no, it just means you wont get picked again probably.

Players aren't mentioning the internationals they play when they say they play too much, it's always too much club football.
And can't their national federation apply for the player to be blocked from playing for their club for x games?

This is not about money ffs , they are being flogged for eleven months , it is too much , when any of ours get an injury because of tiredness or burnout we all hate it

We play a lot more games than anyone else , because we are so good but they need adequate rest and recovery

Rodders is not a stupid person and when he speaks we should fucking listen

Strike? Get to fuck. I seen some comments the other day (hopefully there's more context to it) that Akanji might consider early retirement due the amount of games they're playing.

Must be a fucking great life if you can consider retirement at 30 because you play footie 55 times a year.
It was a joke FFS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.