roll on the summer...

tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
Mad Fax said:
Spoken like a regular match goer, I live on the other side of the world and probably make more games than some of the whingers on here.

you are both tourists. both plastics. i will have been to wembley more times than you two have watched city live.

ha ha "match goer" a cricket match maybe.

I hope that's a wind up

Probably not, you would think an old duffer with a name like de niro would have a bit more bollocks for the fight.

I think a name change to Umberto would be more apt.

citymad said:
Wreckless Alec said:
cibaman said:
Should be good, provided we finish in the top 3

I can't believe that some fans are taking this as a given. There is still time for us to either win this or f*ck it up royally. I hope for the former and would be shocked by the latter but years of supporting City has taught me that nothing can, or should, ever be taken for granted.

All depends what state of mind the players are in. My fear is that one or two know they're probably on the way out in the summer and won't give that little extra effort to win these last few games. Just hope there's a huge bonus offered for finishing second or at least getting champs league. Suffice to say I'm feeling a little uneasy about the whole situation.

Well the manager should either bench them or not even include them in the team squad - that is what he is paid big bucks for - getting results with decent football.

Bluekiwi said:
citymad said:
Wreckless Alec said:
I can't believe that some fans are taking this as a given. There is still time for us to either win this or f*ck it up royally. I hope for the former and would be shocked by the latter but years of supporting City has taught me that nothing can, or should, ever be taken for granted.

All depends what state of mind the players are in. My fear is that one or two know they're probably on the way out in the summer and won't give that little extra effort to win these last few games. Just hope there's a huge bonus offered for finishing second or at least getting champs league. Suffice to say I'm feeling a little uneasy about the whole situation.

Well the manager should either bench them or not even include them in the team squad - that is what he is paid big bucks for - getting results with decent football.

Results will do me for the rest of the season.

I'd like to think he is doing this to a degree hence why Nasri was dropped last game.

I agree it's been a shit season but not just because of results its how the players have played in those games and the lack of effort and attitude at times that has pissed me off the most! Hopefully a big shake up in the squad to justify the ticket price increases.

richards30 said:
I agree it's been a shit season but not just because of results its how the players have played in those games and the lack of effort and attitude at times that has pissed me off the most! Hopefully a big shake up in the squad to justify the ticket price increases.

i may be out on my own here but i dont think its lack of effort from the players. i think they are miffed/confused at the roles they are asked to play. they will have known going 442 against some teams was suicide. they want to win things and they knew at the time that was unlikely with that formation. yes we need new blood but we need new or better leadership, not just from pellers but from cheeky and on the pitch vinny. a major kick up the arse from top to bottom.

these are my thoughts so dont any of you tossers, match goers or not, come on telling me i'm a rag.

eversince 76 said:
the next game and finishing this season. despite this one being flat it'll be thrilling. can't wait for palace, surely even more about going to the swamp, to the point i am thinking of cancelling a snap ski trip to a high resort somewhere in the french alps. unheard of. all that said i don't bother to see the comings and goings in the next few months. this squad who won us 2 titles, fa and league cup, needs a spring clean. i think exciting times are ahead but an all high finish can't come quick enough. the downside next season being the champions league "draw" and to see when we play bayern again. our owners know what they are doing (some fans don't) and i think it will be another step up all over again. great great players going and a few new ones with youth coming in. i want to rip the prem a new one next season but no matter what, i support the team right till the end of this season and the next and next till i die.

8 games to go De Niro. You are surely one of those planks that leaves the stadium with 15 minutes to go as well. You're better off in bloody Val Thorens anyways.

This all day long. Chelsea still have to play the rags, Arsenal & Liverpool, its not inconceivable they could lose all those and we have it in our locker to win all of the last eight games. That would leave us level on points with all other fiixtures being equal. Monday night against Palace is a massive game and if you can't get excited by the run-in there is something wrong.

If I could be inclined I couuld pick out tens of these messages from last yearafter we lost to the scouse. I would have expected this defeatist mentality before we won our first trophy in 2011 but we are a different side and club now. What happened to we fight to the end !?

Blue Mooner said:
eversince 76 said:
the next game and finishing this season. despite this one being flat it'll be thrilling. can't wait for palace, surely even more about going to the swamp, to the point i am thinking of cancelling a snap ski trip to a high resort somewhere in the french alps. unheard of. all that said i don't bother to see the comings and goings in the next few months. this squad who won us 2 titles, fa and league cup, needs a spring clean. i think exciting times are ahead but an all high finish can't come quick enough. the downside next season being the champions league "draw" and to see when we play bayern again. our owners know what they are doing (some fans don't) and i think it will be another step up all over again. great great players going and a few new ones with youth coming in. i want to rip the prem a new one next season but no matter what, i support the team right till the end of this season and the next and next till i die.

8 games to go De Niro. You are surely one of those planks that leaves the stadium with 15 minutes to go as well. You're better off in bloody Val Thorens anyways.

This all day long. Chelsea still have to play the rags, Arsenal & Liverpool, its not inconceivable they could lose all those and we have it in our locker to win all of the last eight games. That would leave us level on points with all other fiixtures being equal. Monday night against Palace is a massive game and if you can't get excited by the run-in there is something wrong.

If I could be inclined I couuld pick out tens of these messages from last yearafter we lost to the scouse. I would have expected this defeatist mentality before we won our first trophy in 2011 but we are a different side and club now. What happened to we fight to the end !?

last season i never doubted we would win the title, even after the scouse loss (lucky twats). this season there is no fight. i'd be delighted to be proved wrong, i just can't see it.

de niro said:
Blue Mooner said:
eversince 76 said:

last season i never doubted we would win the title, even after the scouse loss (lucky twats). this season there is no fight. i'd be delighted to be proved wrong, i just can't see it.

I have my doubts as well because so many things have gone against us this season and the fact that noone can deny we are not playing that well. But to state "can't be arsed with palace, not sure i even care about going to the swamp, to the point i am thinking of taking a snap ski trip to a high resort somewhere in the french alps" to me is you're maybe not a rag, you sure as hell have copied their attitude. And that is the saddest that can happen to a City-fan, no matter how many games you tend to visit.

We have 8 games to save our season. We could go on and win it still. We could be fighting for 2nd, 3rd or 4th. But we as supporters should be coming together at these times. Yes the level of performance on the pitch hasn't often 'deserved' a great deal of enthusiasm, if you like. But we support the club through good and bad, we signed up to watch our team so pick your toys back up and put your dummy back in.

Whinge all you like on forums or to your mates, but saying you're thinking of sacking the rest of the season off is childish, purely because we all seem to be more bothered about the 'end game'. We've seen worse shit served up and 'enjoyed' it, so where are our enduring loyal supporters heading to now? Mid-season Ski trips apparently.

Just read the view of someone I know and whose views I respect on another forum and he reckons that the high of 2012, particularly the twists and turns of that incredible last day, spoilt it for us to the extent that a season which could easily see us come second, having played in the last 16 of the CL, is classed as a boring failure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.