Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
shemnel said:
Bayern nick a win in injury time while City hang on like trojans with 9 men for a 1-1 draw. City go through!

i dont give a stuff how we go through, a handsome win in Rome would be very nice, but it's purely about getting through tonight!

Exactly the same as against Bayern, the manner of the victory is irrelevant, everyone will have forgotten by the time the next CL game rolls around. The important thing is just to make sure we're playing that next CL game, and not out of Europe or worse, Europa League.

Fixed that post for you Adrian, just a little mistake.

super_city_si said:
wattle said:
aguero93:20 said:
Don't suppose you got that off Glory Glory by any chance?

Hold on a minute
If munich and moscow draw and we score draw in Rome, why do we not go through?
All three teams will have 6 points. Moscow have better head to head with us, we have a better one with Roma and Roma have a better one over Moscow.
Does it not go onto goal diff in that scenario????
it comes down to the results between all 3 teams and Roma twatted CSKA so they go through on goal diffrence based on games played between the 3 teams.

Oh right so our win v Munich would count for nothing in that scenario
Which bell end wrote these rules. What ever happened to goal difference??

wattle said:
super_city_si said:
wattle said:
Hold on a minute
All three teams will have 6 points. Moscow have better head to head with us, we have a better one with Roma and Roma have a better one over Moscow.
it comes down to the results between all 3 teams and Roma twatted CSKA so they go through on goal diffrence based on games played between the 3 teams.

everything depended on the arbitrator in this case

Turn the clock back a couple of seasons - City at Real Madrid. We blew that one. Leading 2-1 , then we let in 2 to lose 3-2.
From memory Kolorov - free kick - scored from way out - curled in at the far post. Then Yaya broke through the middle and fed
Dzeko who easily beat Cassillas. I was in dreamland - City winning at Real - bump! -we lost.

OK no Yaya tonight (Siva will feed Dzeko ) but I can see City at 2-1 up , again. Come on lads - the experience in Europe must pay off sometime.
If it finishes at 2-2 we are through - ..(as long as CSKA lose at Bayern )
CTID.

wattle said:
super_city_si said:
wattle said:
Hold on a minute

Because goal difference would be far more simple and UEFA love an overly complicated system. First of all their ridiculous points system for the "chosen" teams that invented football. Then this head to head system that was probably set up to ensure that those "chosen" sides would still finish top of their groups and qualify as group winners even if they had have been on the wrong side of a result here and there (which they couldn't ban, though I'm sure they tried).

As we go into the games Roma beat CSKA on head to head and CSKA beat us. So Roma v City is 1-1 currently and we have to equal or better that in the return fixture (or win the game) and get more points than CSKA.

It's really quite simple (if you ignore everything I wrote and look at the table from bbc sport).

CSKA fan here. I don't know if we will win today, it is hard to say but I can say for sure, we dominated Munich at Russia and we should've won if it wasn't for our bad finishing. They only won because of a bad referee call. Let's not forget, Bayern Munich are always worse at home. Come on CITY, please beat Roma today.

wattle said:
super_city_si said:
wattle said:
Hold on a minute

As I see it - If CSKA lose in Munich - the second place is between Roma and City. If it is a 0-0 - Roma go through based on their away goal at the Etihad.
If it ends 1-1 - then the head to head is equal so goal difference comes into it. City have a better goal difference than Roma - City through.
If I am wrong somebody will tell me.

If we were to qualify - Porto, Dortmund, Monaco, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and either PSG or Barca would await... it would be a great chance to get to the next round if we can avoid Real and Barca. I would fancy our chances against any of the other sides on that list. Just need a bit of lady luck, firstly tonight and then with the draw!

Bluep*ss said:
wattle said:
super_city_si said:

As I see it - If CSKA lose in Munich - the second place is between Roma and City. If it is a 0-0 - Roma go through based on their away goal at the Etihad.
If it ends 1-1 - then the head to head is equal so goal difference comes into it. City have a better goal difference than Roma - City through.
If I am wrong somebody will tell me.

You are right

supercity88 said:
If we were to qualify - Porto, Dortmund, Monaco, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and either PSG or Barca would await... it would be a great chance to get to the next round if we can avoid Real and Barca. I would fancy our chances against any of the other sides on that list. Just need a bit of lady luck, firstly tonight and then with the draw!
Platini won't allow us to get "easy" draw, if we qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.