Ronaldo?

berger1985 said:
ello_jo said:
People saying no because of the money I can understand-ish. But people saying no as a player then, OH MY GOD, leave this forum please. No to ronaldo? What. The guy is a fucking immense talent and we saw exactly what he can do to the premier league in his last season. We would absolutely piss the league if we signed him hands down.

And as for the money part of it, we are going to buy atleast four players and put them on £100 grand a week because thats what we do now. So why not get arguably best player in the world and just save the hassle of the other 3 and let the youth come through.

I think this is a good point and one I hadn't thought of myself. With some of the players linked, we have a good go at the league. With the current batch and Tranny we would win it in my opinion.

Do I like Ronaldo? No. Would City win the league with him in the team? Yes.

I wouldn't let my opinion of someone as a person (that I don't actually know) get in the way of what is best for City.

If the club are happy to sanction a deal like this, I trust they have more than thought about the repercussions of the FFPR. Therefore I am not fussed about the figures involves.

One thing putting me off is his alleged request to be captain. I want Vinny take it over next season, a player that deserves the band.

What would be the effect on the dressing room should Ronaldo waltz in on that money, and immediately becomes captain? I don't like to think.
That's what it's all about, nice one. For all we know Yaya could have gone to bed cuddling a United Teddy each night, but as long as he's doing the business for City it matters not. City first, anything else second.

Pigeonho said:
PUTTYBLUE said:
Dont want him!!!! Would rather pay all that money for Messi!! At least he is not a mard ass!
Messi wouldn't come. Ronaldo might at least think about it.

No way would he come to city!!!

Does he need the money, No!
Proved himself in the Premier League, Yes!
Up his own backside and bad for dressing room morale, Yes!!!!
Anywhere else for him now will be a step down!!!
He would not even consider it, he will end up at the end of his career playing in Italy or back home in Portugal!

I will make this simple

Ronaldo > everyone else who has EVER played for City.

One of the greatest players to ever kick a football and some of you are moaning!! :-/

i dont get why people care about whether a player is a nob or not, if its a player who can get us 40 plus goals in a season who the feck care if he's a nob?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/all-sports/blog/2011-06-12/hunter-if-man-city-were-able-tempt-ronaldo-wouldnt-surprise-me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/all-sp ... urprise-me</a>

graham hunter on talksport talking about ronaldo. from about 4 minutes

bobmcfc said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/all-sports/blog/2011-06-12/hunter-if-man-city-were-able-tempt-ronaldo-wouldnt-surprise-me

What's he say I can't play the link

Can only happen with Tevez going to Real Madrid in swap move IMO, certainly from a financial aspect.

Not sure about Ronaldos commitment to City though, that is the only question I would have.

As I have said before this ain't going to happen.

Rammyblues said:
Can only happen with Tevez going to Real Madrid in swap move IMO, certainly from a financial aspect.

Not sure about Ronaldos commitment to City though, that is the only question I would have.

As I have said before this ain't going to happen.
None of them are committed, look at Tevez and his goings on. Even if he stays, it's fair to say he hasn't acted in a way where City is his number one priority. At the end of the day footballers are just hired guns and will go where the money is in the main. Balotelli, Yaya, Silva - they have no real commitment to City, they just earn their money playing for us, nothing more. The same would be the case with Ronaldo, he would ply his trade here, nothing more.

None of them are committed, look at Tevez and his goings on. Even if he stays, it's fair to say he hasn't acted in a way where City is his number one priority. At the end of the day footballers are just hired guns and will go where the money is in the main. Balotelli, Yaya, Silva - they have no real commitment to City, they just earn their money playing for us, nothing more. The same would be the case with Ronaldo, he would ply his trade here, nothing more.

Sad but true.

Skipdog said:
bobmcfc said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/all-sports/blog/2011-06-12/hunter-if-man-city-were-able-tempt-ronaldo-wouldnt-surprise-me

What's he say I can't play the link

says he's very unhappy at madrid etc. says the weather in manchester is a huge issue and why he left in the first place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.