Rooney Charged 2 game Ban

Re: Rooney Misses The Derby

HellasLEAF said:
Pigeonho said:
That was my point, he has form and this swearing down the camera thing is the straw that broke the camels back. Someone without that form like Barry or Chicerito, wouldn't be looking at a ban.

you see, I could accept 'form' as an argument. meaning the severity of the ban was due in part, to previous poor actions on Roony's part. Barry or Chicerito getting 2 matches would have been absurd for example. but don't tell me the act itself deserved 2 matches regardless I don't accept that.
It wasn't, 2 match ban for that is harsh, I have said that from the start. I could, like many do, go down the 'its United, so its fair' route but that would be nonsense. If Barry got two matches on the sidelines for that I would be fuming. If Balotelli got it, someone with form like Rooney, I would be like 'well what a fucking nobhead you are, again'. Rooney has got away with loads of shit and this, like I say, has been the final straw as far as the FA are concerned. The ban for the act itself alone though would be harsh.

Funny how the think the FA is against them, the reason why they sing 'we'll do what we want' is because they get away with everything and play with 12 men every week but when something does happen to them it's like 'you cant do that to us.

1 or 2 games will get suspended anyway and he'll play.

Pigeonho said:
HellasLEAF said:
you see, I could accept 'form' as an argument. meaning the severity of the ban was due in part, to previous poor actions on Roony's part. Barry or Chicerito getting 2 matches would have been absurd for example. but don't tell me the act itself deserved 2 matches regardless I don't accept that.
It wasn't, 2 match ban for that is harsh, I have said that from the start. I could, like many do, go down the 'its United, so its fair' route but that would be nonsense. If Barry got two matches on the sidelines for that I would be fuming. If Balotelli got it, someone with form like Rooney, I would be like 'well what a fucking nobhead you are, again'. Rooney has got away with loads of shit and this, like I say, has been the final straw as far as the FA are concerned. The ban for the act itself alone though would be harsh.

thank you for bringing a bit of sanity to this debate and forgetting for a moment that Rooney plays for United and we hate United.. Sometimes it's impossible to have a proper clear headed football debate on this forum.

he should get 3 games, adebayor got 3 games for celebrating a goal...

HellasLEAF said:
Pigeonho said:

thank you for bringing a bit of sanity to this debate and forgetting for a moment that Rooney plays for United and we hate United.. Sometimes it's impossible to have a proper clear headed football debate on this forum.

If swearing at the ref gets you a red and a one match ban then swearing at the world must attract a greater penalty. He brought the game into disrepute and 2 games is pretty lenient if you ask me. There was no reason for his language and he was fully aware of what he was doing. Hope they increase it to 3.
What the FA have done is made sure no other player does it. They have acted immediately and fairly and sent a strong message to all the other players in the prem about what is and isn't acceptable. Well done the FA.

Breadsnapper said:
Let's get something straight, this is not the first time that he or his manager or another one of his team mates have done similar things. The club sems to think that they are a law unto themselves, the are a ship sailing in a sea of shit without a moral compass. Let's not even start on the rottem meat, tax fiddling and allegations of sexual assault that have been levelled at this cesspit. The long and short is that it is not appropriate to swear down the lens of a camera that is going out live to millions of people worldwide. Every player and I include City players have a moral responsibility to act in a manner that is befitting a PROFFESSIONAL footballer. The whole incident has brough shame on the scum(but they're used to it), the FA, the EPL and SKY the paymasters. The FA cannot back down on this, they have a resposibility to the footbaling worls in the UK to sort it out. I can half understand a player swearing if he misses a golden opportunity, I can half understand a player swearing on the pitch when conversing with another player, but I cannot accept a player who verbally abuses the officials or subjects people sat in their own homes to a volley of abusive language. I wonder how it would stand if someone called the police and made a complaint about it? He's in a public place, his behaviour or language is likely to have caused alarm harrassment or distress. If it were you or me on the street then it would be a section 5 public order all day long. And if it were at a match we would be banned from the ground.
This smacks of a two fingers up to the respect campaign so that's why I think something has to be done about it.
The man/boy is a horrible little individual who is a product of the loathing and hatred that the scum feel towards anyone who challenges them. Whatever ban he gets for me albeit with blue tinted specs, he desrves and more besides because it should be as a warning to the rest of that club that they are not beyond reproach as they have been for years.
I don't care whether he misses the semi or not, the fact we have got to two semi finals against them shows me we are moving in the right direction and I think we owe them one. What better place to repay the debt than on a worldwide stage at Wembley.

^^ Right on the money

Gelsons Dad said:
HellasLEAF said:

If swearing at the ref gets you a red and a one match ban then swearing at the world must attract a greater penalty. He brought the game into disrepute and 2 games is pretty lenient if you ask me. There was no reason for his language and he was fully aware of what he was doing. Hope they increase it to 3.
What the FA have done is made sure no other player does it. They have acted immediately and fairly and sent a strong message to all the other players in the prem about what is and isn't acceptable. Well done the FA.[/quote]

Well done Mr Bernstein !!

The point is, if i walked into work shouting my mouth of swearing i'd of got disciplined and completely bollocked, why should he be any different. Sky will have an agreement with the FA that they take a stance on swearing because in reality it's a legal issue for Sky when there is swearing on daytime television and especially aggression. There are kids watching games out there at that time and yes the argument stands that its what football is all about etc but still Sky have an obligation under law to not allow swearing until the watershed and therefore the FA has to take a stand against it.

If he'd had done it out of context and it was 'caught' rather than 'heard' then fair enough it could be taken in the spirit of the game but he was mouthing off into the camera directly, that's out of order. Sky filmed that match live and if he is swearing down the camera it suddenly becomes a large issue for them because it cannot be edited out so the FA has to have rules to stop it happening and that means punishing players that break those rules.

Another thing, Rooney is meant to represent this country to the world and his behaviour shows a lot, the FA have an obligation to represent football in this country for the better and that match was shown in front of millions in many countries and it dents our reputation abroad when some little twat is mouthing off into the camera. Pretty much reinforces the belief in many countries that we live in a place full of scum.

Whether he misses the semi final is irrelevant he should be punished equal and all the same as anyone else who did the same thing. Drogba got a much worst ban because he questioned the referee's and UEFA's integrity in front of billions. Something UEFA are likely to of taken quite seriously i reckon.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.