Rooney (MERGED)

thinking about this logically only three clubs could finance this deal madrid,chelsea and us and there are pro's and cons for each

madrid

if rooney and wife feel they need to go abroad this would make them favourites but madrid would need to off load one of their strkers possibly to the rags(benzema?) if he doesnt want to leave the country their out of the equation

chelsea

both drogba and anelka are in the thirties a chance to get a proven 24 year old striker will be tempting, also if rooney wants to stay in england this will be in their favour as will the chance to win more medals for rooney. would they be willing to pay his wages though?

city

money and ambition is a major selling point but staying in the area could be seen as a positive or a negative to him, positive due to family and friends, negative as to all the stick he would receive

until we find out why he wants to leave the rags this is a hard one to call

Loyalty is bollocks in football nowadays anyway. It only matters to the fans.

For me Rooney wants more money because he looked at the deal he is getting at United (Which according to the Mail is the 26th best wage in football) and thought I am fcking better than that and I want to be up there with Ronaldo, Villa, Toure etc...

We have only got 2 genuine world class players at City, Tevez and Silva. Rooney on his game is world class and I for one could easily live with him playing for us. It strengthens us, it weakens them and It makes our job of winning things easier.

Whatever else he is, he is a talented footballer who at the moment is off form (And now we know why)

If we could pick him up for £25 mil it would be a Snip.

People talking about booing him are fcking nuts. Tevez was kissing United badge a few years ago and I fcking love him and Schmeichal was an all time great there but he was excellent for us.

MyJeckyllDoesntHyde said:
'Arry's interested...

Wayne Rooney would be a target for Tottenham, admits manager Harry Redknapp

Harry Redknapp tonight declared he would love to sign Wayne Rooney but admitted the wantaway Manchester United striker was unlikely to join Tottenham.

Pressed on whether Tottenham were realistic contenders for Rooney's signature, Redknapp said: ''It's not impossible.

''If he's going to stay in England, who knows? You've got to be interested when the very, very best players become available but it would be a big ask.

''I'm sure there'll be some big fish out there wanting to take Rooney, that's for sure.

''He's a fantastic player - he's having a bad spell, he's had a bad two or three months - but he's a great player.''

He added: ''At the end of the day, Wayne Rooney will be a free agent. What an amazing situation to be in: somebody who's worth £50million-£60million will be a free agent.

''He's going to want a decent signing-on fee; he's not going to be cheap, is he? Players do have the power now. What a position to be in.

''He's in a position where, if somebody gives him £30million, you're still getting a very cheap player - if they give it to him personally. That's without his wages.

''He's got 18 months to get through before he's going to be free, which is going to be difficult.

''But if that's the road he wants to go down, he can go down that road. Man United can do nothing about it.

''All they can do is keep trying to make him a better offer to sign a contract, I suppose. There's no other way out for a club. One thing's for sure, he won't find a better club than Manchester United to play for.

''He's got a great manager there. I don't know what's gone on there but it's a shame if it ends that way.''

Must not talk to his son much as jamie reckons its a done deal to us

Re: F*CK OFF ROONEY!

sweep said:
warpig said:
i apologise for the garth crooksesque type quesiton but...

as much as you may hate him (potentially) playing for city, you must get satisfaction from the fact that such a move would bring united and their fans to their knees and signal a major shift in power from red to blue.
The power shift is well underway anyway, the rags are a sinking ship, I would get no satisfaction from this **** disgracing our shirt.

Do we do it our way and *earn* the right to emulate their success?

Or do we do it their way to the point of simply cherry-picking their best assets and earning only the same scorn as a result?

Tevez was a different scenario, at a different stage entirely and in any case was only on loan to the rags.

A bullet best avoided.

Re: F*CK OFF ROONEY!

LoveCity said:
I don't want him at our club either but if we do sign him will attempt to support him. Very difficult though.

If Mancini has the final say, my gut feeling is we won't sign him and we'll instead go for a big target man like Dzeko or Llorente. We have tough runners like Tevez and Balotelli, no need for Rooney too, IMO.

However, if there are orders from above, then Rooney (or maybe Torres) will be the priority to improve our brand worth, which would have positive financial implications (sponsorship deals, etc.) and give Cook more to work with. We would also have the face of English football and the backbone of the national team.

I have also called the twat rotten and revelled in his poor form. However, it is now becoming clear that this is because he knew he was coming here. This is a shrewd move by our owners to destabilise United and project our global brand through the roof. £40, £60, £100mill? Buttons. the timing is also cute because we are currently sitting above United. Be pragmatic, soul, pride, heart etc, all very noble but it's hard cash and ruthless ambitious empire builders like our board that counts. Plus, as stated on here, you'd look a right twat booing him after he's just put 3 past the Rags.

gangerolv said:
i think baconface is bluffing to get the attention away from rooneys whore scandal
I'm steering well clear of any bandwagons until I'm 100% convinced this isn't the biggest practical joke ever to have been played on our great club!!

As someone else said a few pages ago, it seems to me that we have a bit of the we've all said what a fat useless lazy SOB he is for so long and for no other reason then we hate the rags that some really believe it to be true.

He is a world class talent when on form. We all know it and there is no denying it.

He is a clutch player. Example being sending us out of the CC last year in the 92nd minute of the second leg I think it was.

Any club in the world would be happy to have him. There's no denying this either.

The fact is so many of the top footballing folks around the world would not claim he was if he was in fact not. They have reputations to worry about as well.

I do not doubt he would benefit us greatly on the pitch, and could very well be the final piece that takes us to the very heights of world football.

This DOES NOT mean I am entirely comfortable with it. This isn't like Tevez. Tevez was not United's talisman. Their glory boy. He was not a man synonymous with the name United. I would struggle initially there is no doubt about it just as any of us I think would. But in the end I would come around because like others have said it's about the shirt. The shirt is what I'm cheering and what I'm supporting.

Plus... I would love to call my brother in law and gloat after the phone call I got when they knocked us out of the CC last year!

Skashion said:
Christ. Since when did City fans become so obsessed with getting one over them lot?

The advancement of this club is by far more important than any feelings I have towards United. I love City more than I hate United.

Well said that man.

I would fookin love it if he signed for us, as long as Cookie and BM do (or have done) some careful man managing of Tevez and the other key players to keep them happy.

Reasons -

1) It would piss Man U fans off more than anything else
2) He is a great player when he is on form, one of the best
3) This signing would take us up another level again profile wise

As long as he leaves OT I will be happy enough, having said that.

I am fucking loving all this.

A couple of things on this

Has Gary Cook's connection with Nike enabled us to broker a deal?

Why was fergie pointing to trophies and history in the press conference today? He also said something on the lines of 'i'm not getting in to the reasons why he thought Rooney wants to leave as that opens a new argument

Finally, what a great afternoon it was at work!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.