Rooney (MERGED)

Stillsy said:
Just heard Paddy Power on talksport.

8/13 to leave united and now been slashed too 1/2 to join us!

I beleive it will happen!
I don't understand those odds. In the bookies' eyes, Rooney joining City is more likely than Rooney leaving the rags? That doesn't make sense. Or have i misread your post?

blueinsa said:
Arry is Bent said:
PMSL you got to give it to talksport, for years on end they have made up fairy tales and they STILL manage to catch some beautiful carp day in, day out. Fixer on here is a fine example. I mean why post it if you don't think there is any truth in it ?

They must be laughing their bollocks off at Talksport.

You might have a point if it was JUST Talksport making these comments but it isn't.....

Oh well, nice try
Who else is suggesting he is definitelty off to city on 500 k a week !?

Do tell, nobody else knows of several sources suggesting this garbage.

The Fixer said:
Bluemoon115 said:
If anything that makes me less certain about him joining :)

Haha yes i know what you mean mate :O) they also said he is being offered £500k per week lol can't see that unless city may package some kind of sponsorship deal in with wages??

Regardless of whether people want Rooney or think he would come to us, an interesting point is the loss of earnings he's now facing as a result of him being dropped by various sponsors.

The brands that have dropped him aren't likely to come back to him any time soon and with united's financial situation, even if they offer him an improvement of his current deal there, it still would be leaving him quite a bit short of what his total earnings were with those sponsorship fees included.

City would be able to pay Rooney whatever they think he is worth. I'm not saying this deal will happen, but from a purely financial point of view, his loss of earnings from sponsorship is an interesting aspect. Either way there is plenty to fuel the flames of gossip for months yet.

Ricster said:
If we sign Rooney we give the rags the funds to sign Wesley Sneijder.

Would people want that?

Money from us, Real, Chelsea.....what does it matter?

He is an asset and they will get it from somewhere mate

Re: Collymore on twitter RE: Rooney

PauloCity said:
frannyleesbogroll said:
lets face it he won them the titleon his own last season.
if we want success he is the calibre of player we need in our squad.
rooney or lazy twat adebayor glass knees RSC or a young untested italian let me think...........................

he shagged acouple of tarts big deal

Good post, this, especially if you swap Balotelli (who I fully expect to do a job for us when he's fit) for Jo (who will probably be on the bench today).

Plus, as a statement of intent, it would be pretty massive. And a HUGE kick in the balls for the scum..........
i agree giving them 50-80 million would be an immense kick in the balls. Give em fuck all, we dont need him. he hates us we hate him. as long as he leaves the scum I'm happy but don't want him here

Tricky_Trev said:
Stillsy said:
Just heard Paddy Power on talksport.

8/13 to leave united and now been slashed too 1/2 to join us!

I beleive it will happen!
I don't understand those odds. In the bookies' eyes, Rooney joining City is more likely than Rooney leaving the rags? That doesn't make sense. Or have i misread your post?

i think it's...

him leaving is 8/13.

and if he leaves, in the list of clubs who could buy him, we are at odds of 1/2 to buy him.

we're like 2nd favourites to buy him(behind Real) in most bookies, and in some him coming to us is at a lower price than him staying at United.

The Fixer said:
Arry is Bent said:
PMSL you got to give it to talksport, for years on end they have made up fairy tales and they STILL manage to catch some beautiful carp day in, day out. Fixer on here is a fine example. I mean why post it if you don't think there is any truth in it ?

They must be laughing their bollocks off at Talksport.

Chaz how are you? long time no speak!!

Talksport may talk some shite however i think they are onto something here....whether it comes to fruition is anybodys guess but posted it for people who may be interested and to make their own conclusions.

Btw hows Fabian Delph :O)
Excellent thanks. You ? Indeed it is my mate.

If you think Talksport are onto something by suggesting we are ready to pay big fat Wooney half a million a week you are proving my very point that Talksport do a fine job in catching some wonderful carp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.