Rooney (MERGED)

just a thought but has anybody else wondered whether tevez may have had a say in this?

he has been given the captains armband to keep him with us and lead us to the next level but i all so have a feeling he may have been asked the question that if we could get anybody for you to play along side with who would you want?

he rates Rooney highly and when given the chamnce played some brilliant football along side him like i said just a thought but it makes sense to me :)

Just Stop...

Just stop it.

we are a club who pride ourselves on our morals and and are known for sticking in what we believe in no matter what, then THIS happens, some overrated (used by many on here before) over weight scouser who cheats on his wife and has been a hated figure for the past 6 years for city fans and now you want to sign the devil himself.

Pathetic, if it aint broke don't fix it! we have a fantastic, young, uber talented squad who could potensially win the league but you want to risk all that (because it is a risk considering his form) to 'do one' over united and sign their 'favourite/best' player. We as fans and as a club are better than that.

More importantly Rooney himself would cost at least 50 million in today's transfer market, you really want to give that shower of shite in trafford 50 million pounds to pay off debts?

He is going to leave anyway which will be a big lose for united, but city don't need him, just because we can purchase him doesn't mean we should. we already have a great squad lets not taint it or potentially wreck it with hiring a player who we all 2 weeks ago hated passionately.

Some of you will disagree, i don't care, city if your reading this think about the club not the brand, please don't sign Wayne Rooney, PLEASE!

Re: have we actually said we want him?

How many threads are going to be made on Rooney and yes I want him because he is in the top 10 best players in the world and anyone would be a fool not to want him.

Re: Just Stop...

Sloppyjoshua said:
Just stop it.

we are a club who pride ourselves on our morals and and are known for sticking in what we believe in no matter what, then THIS happens, some overrated (used by many on here before) over weight scouser who cheats on his wife and has been a hated figure for the past 6 years for city fans and now you want to sign the devil himself.

Pathetic, if it aint broke don't fix it! we have a fantastic, young, uber talented squad who could potensially win the league but you want to risk all that (because it is a risk considering his form) to 'do one' over united and sign their 'favourite/best' player. We as fans and as a club are better than that.

More importantly Rooney himself would cost at least 50 million in today's transfer market, you really want to give that shower of shite in trafford 50 million pounds to pay off debts?

He is going to leave anyway which will be a big lose for united, but city don't need him, just because we can purchase him doesn't mean we should. we already have a great squad lets not taint it or potentially wreck it with hiring a player who we all 2 weeks ago hated passionately.

Some of you will disagree, i don't care, city if your reading this think about the club not the brand, please don't sign Wayne Rooney, PLEASE!

I agree, hope we make a statement saying we don't want him.

Sloppyjoshua said:
Just stop it.

Bollocks. In the dark days, and not so dark days, we 'prided ourselves' in bringing young talent through year in, year out. Whilst we still do that to an extent, we have the money to get ourselves to a position which we have never been in in the modern game, so bollocks to that sentimental nonsense there, because it simply isn't true. There isn't a club in the world who doesn't need Rooney, and the simple fact is if he comes and does the business, everyone will start calling him the next god, messiah, City Legend.... and rightly so too because his RAG past will be exactly that, the past. All these saying they don't want him because he's coming from 'them', well i'd take your blue tints off if I were you and realise the big picture, and that is that if Rooney comes from United to City, a massive massive transfer, it shows we, yes, WE, are making massive strides under the Sheikh.

I would suggest the fact a denial hasn't been made should give you an answer

Only an idiot would not want him.....

yes city. let's remember our place and leave rooney for the big clubs. it was better when we sat around waiting for clubs to hold an auction for SWP. as for not signing him because we didn't like him 2 weeks ago? wtf? so should we not have signed tevez? what if we signed ronaldo in the summer? would you be against that?

I'm fairly certain Mancini will be asked the question in the pre match press conference for Thursday's game.

I don't understand why people don't want him. His talent can't be denied so that only makes me think it's because of the United connection, but then, who's the most adored current City player?

Sloppyjoshua said:
Just stop it.

Well I for one agree wholeheartedly. Ballo will be back soon. We dont have room for another injured purchase in the physio room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.