Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Remember back in 2000 when baconface had the same type of obsession with a horse as Hughes has with Santa Cruz??? The horse had dodgy knees and just on the verge of him signing for BF the said horse ruptures his knee ligament. Did this put BF off pursuing the horse??? No!!! He still pursued him and in 2001 he signed him, then look what kind of scoring record he returned.

I too have my reservations about santa cruz, however if he can stay fit he is one of the best around.

Hughes knows exactly what he's going to get from Santa Cruz, imo we give the guy a chance and lets see, i think he will bag for fun with the type of service we can give him.

The next construction project at Carrington is to expand the treatment facilities to accommodate RSC and Bellend who are expected to be full-time residents.

PaleBlue said:
It's too much money - but f**k it, it's not MY money. Hughes is putting a lot of faith in this boy, he better come through. Rather have Boj playing myself.

Thats hit the nail on the head!

Mark Hughes has to get it right this season or he is out of the best job in the world.

What would you do - Pay 60mil on a superstar name that may sulk and get you the boot ( BERBATOF COMES TO MIND in his SPURS day for Martin Jol)

Or take a chance on a player who will give his all for you come what may knowing ful well his operation on a niggling injury has gone perfect.

And no I am not a RSC lover but I know what I would do.

Whatever the exact fee for RSC, it will be an appalling amount to spend on a player with such an injury record. However, I am quite sure Mansour, KAM and Hughes understand the risk involved and if Mansour wants to finance the purchase, that's his prerogative.

Santa Crock's scoring record at Bayern was rank but he is a talented player and will give us some genuine aerial power upfront for the first time in many years. Of course he has to pass a medical yet and agree terms but if we sign him and Lescott then, with Barry's ability with a dead ball, City should actually offer a threat from set pieces. We already have a serious goal threat in open play and just upping our game a bit on set plays could add several wins for the team. City probably need seven or eight more wins than last season to be in contention for fourth place and with just those three signings (let alone your Tevez or Eto'o or...), we could be well on way to a top four spot.

gillymcfc said:
PaleBlue said:
It's too much money - but f**k it, it's not MY money. Hughes is putting a lot of faith in this boy, he better come through. Rather have Boj playing myself.

Mark Hughes has to get it right this season or he is out of the best job in the world.

What would you do - Pay 60mil on a superstar name that may sulk and get you the boot ( BERBATOF COMES TO MIND in his SPURS day for Martin Jol)

Or take a chance on a player who will give his all for you come what may knowing ful well his operation on a niggling injury has gone perfect.

My question is how much time will RSC spend on the pitch ... his track record over 11 years suggests not a lot.

OB1 said:
Whatever the exact fee for RSC, it will be an appalling amount to spend on a player with such an injury record. However, I am quite sure Mansour, KAM and Hughes understand the risk involved and if Mansour wants to finance the purchase, that's his prerogative.

Santa Crock's scoring record at Bayern was rank but he is a talented player and will give us some genuine aerial power upfront for the first time in many years. Of course he has to pass a medical yet and agree terms but if we sign him and Lescott then, with Barry's ability with a dead ball, City should actually offer a threat from set pieces. We already have a serious goal threat in open play and just upping our game a bit on set plays could add several wins for the team. City probably need seven or eight more wins than last season to be in contention for fourth place and with just those three signings (let alone your Tevez or Eto'o or...), we could be well on way to a top four spot.

Worth every second of the 5 minute standing ovation that that post just got, in this small corner of Manchester

;)

His injury record is a worry, but I am past the stage of questioning Hughes signings in terms of quality. He's hardly put a foot wrong.

spendmorethanerikson Post subject: Re: Roque Santa Cruz [merged]Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Posts: 1 Remember back in 2000 when baconface had the same type of obsession with a horse as Hughes has with Santa Cruz??? The horse had dodgy knees and just on the verge of him signing for BF the said horse ruptures his knee ligament. Did this put BF off pursuing the horse??? No!!! He still pursued him and in 2001 he signed him, then look what kind of scoring record he returned.

I too have my reservations about santa cruz, however if he can stay fit he is one of the best around.

Hughes knows exactly what he's going to get from Santa Cruz, imo we give the guy a chance and lets see, i think he will bag for fun with the type of service we can give him.

SPOT ON BUD

freddie_hill said:
gillymcfc said:
PaleBlue said:

If he doesnt spend enough time on the pitch then that will please a lot of I told you so's but what if he spends an awful lot of time on the pitch and bags goals a plenty - I for one would be proved wrong!!!

Even though a lot of mixed feelings on here sure every one of us will be cheering when he bangs the first against blackburn

My question is how much time will RSC spend on the pitch ... his track record over 11 years suggests not a lot.

I suspect few are questioning RSC's ability, just his fitness. I for one would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.