Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

In his first season he scored 19 goals in 37 with 7 assists
In his second season he scored 4 goals in 9 with 2 assists

Even though he was injured for most of his second season, in his first season he was managed under Hughes rather than Ince and Fat Sam, so even though £18 million sounds a bit too much i think Hughes will get the best out of him.

nino brown said:
Nicolas Anelka the top scorer in the Premiership is realistic yet an out of contract Tevez isn't?!

Caveman n at raot out of contract yet, still on loan at rags officially. And Anelka is a mercanery, chuck money at his brothers and they'll engineer a move to you somehow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't RSC score 23 goals in his first season in England?
Can you honestly see Big Phil scoring 23 in a season?
Come on, RSC is a good buy, addressing our lack of height in attack & providing the target man missing in Hughes preferred system.
Yes he has injury issues, but so have PEtrov & Bojinov & that doesn't stop them getting hero status on here.

C_T_I_D said:
It's hardly ambitious though is it? I mean how many other clubs wanted him? Spurs maybe?

Signing a player from Blackburn smacks of comfort zone signing from Hughes in my opinion.

Robinho must be jumping for joy!!

Ir wasn't so long ago that United were said to be interested.

Assuming this happens and he will or has got through a medical I must say I am underwhelmed.

I honestly hope I am proved wrong and this turns out to be a masterstroke but I cant see it. This is definatley another confort signing. On its own it appears okay but a signing for where we want to go I dont think so.

What also worries me is that when push comes to shove and the chips are down we will revert to the hughes \ blackburn long ball. No matter who else we sign wheter it be eto`o, tevez, some other player I have the feeling Hughes will always go for bellemy , RSC partnership and the up and at em style.

Personally I think this could lead to the beginning of the end for the robinho type players until hughes has departed when ever it may be.

If we are paying 18 million then we are getting arse raped by Fat Sam.

If he can stay fit he will be a good addition to the sqaud.

Two very big ifs!

The biggest problem Problem I have with this signing is, that it is yet another indication, that Hughes is desperate to stay in his comfort zone.

Too early to judge this transferwindow though, if Hughes can bring in a couple of surprises it may still turn out for the best.

Mateja Kezman, Andrei Shevchenko, Claudio Pizarro, Tal Ben Haim, Khalid Boulahrouz,
Jiri Jarosik, Steve Sidwell etc etc all great signings by supposedly THE SPECIAL ONE.
get of your high horses, hughes is our manager so he gets to pick his players and
gets sacked or not by his decisions .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.