Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

How about giving the lad a chance, Christ it's only two seasons ago he scored 2 against us at Christmas and looked the perfect centre forward, there are lots of teams in the Premiership who would kill to have such an accomplished centre forward leading the line, get behind him.

TFC said:
Fook off to the miserable twats;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuULcVaMTf0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuULcVaMTf0</a>

;)

Great link! Forgot how much I enjoyed those films!

Spindash said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Sloppyjoshua said:
Alot of blackburn fans say he is the best striker they have had since shearer, is that a good thing?

what number will he have i reckon he will have 9
Alot of Newcastle fans think he was there best manager since Keegan, so it doesn't make it so!!!!!!

I think Blackburn fans would have quite a decent idea about how good he is. More than City fans.
It always helps to watch a player live week in week out your right.

taken from sky sports site....

They already have a formidable set of strikers but Hughes feels Santa Cruz would provide a different kind of threat.

what the fuck do they watch that we dont????

do they mean bellamys formidable potential to cause unrest in a monastery

maybe its bojinovs formidable reputation on here borne out of a handful of youtube videos, big phils formidable chest and upper back, or possibly bejanis formidable yes ive missed another six yard sitter smile.

there is fuck all formidable about any of the 'strikers' we currently have.

in any case, were rich rich rich, if he flops and spends months in the physio room as i suspect will happen, as long as hes one of three strikers we purchase it wont be the end of the world, if the other two are tevez and eto, care not, we really have got money to burn. as for putting money in blackburns coffers, fat sam will likely spend it on boltonesque workhorse carthorse shite, yes i know he signed anelka but for every decent signing he made there were 4 or 5 mario jardels, here, have the money, arsed, lets see what hughes has seen in him at close quarters that the majority on here havent... as long as hes plan b or c, ill be happy and plans a and b are still ticking over..

Seems like I was right.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117633</a>

Taken form the Santa cruz thread in ehre mate:

Rammyblues wrote:
RSC will be our first signing in the summer inside info fee agreed today 20th April 2009 in the sum of 18m. This is posted in good faith. Similar source in first signing of the summer thread below my info corroborates this.

Rammyblues said:
Seems like I was right.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117633</a>

Taken form the Santa cruz thread in ehre mate:

Rammyblues wrote:
RSC will be our first signing in the summer inside info fee agreed today 20th April 2009 in the sum of 18m. This is posted in good faith. Similar source in first signing of the summer thread below my info corroborates this.

I'm not being picky but Barry was the first ;-)

whicko said:
How about giving the lad a chance, Christ it's only two seasons ago he scored 2 against us at Christmas and looked the perfect centre forward, there are lots of teams in the Premiership who would kill to have such an accomplished centre forward leading the line, get behind him.
Spot on.

Im really looking forward to seeing Rocky in a city shirt. If he can stay fit he is the forward we have been crying out for.

The power of Caicedo
The Positioning of Benjani
The finishing of Bojinov
The heart of Bellamy

All rolled into one fantastic player.

Been reading this forum for the best part of last season, but thought I would make my first post when I feel there is a point to be made. These are exciting times being a city fan, and some of the players we are being linked with we would not have dreamed about in recent times. However just because we have not signed Eto’o or Tevez (as of yet) I do not see why people are being so negative. Santa Cruz may not be a world superstar, but I believe that he is a pretty decent signing. Yes the fee is slightly high if it is what it is ‘rumoured’ to be, but that is what were are going to get nowadays being in the extremely strong financial position that we find ourselves to be in. Last season he did have his injury problems, but im sure he will be made to go through a rigorous medical for this very reason, so we will not be signing a complete ‘crock’ as some put it if he comes. Looking at the player himself, he has been proven to score goals in the premier league, one thing im sure Mark Hughes is looking for. Too many times we have signed a player with bags of potential, or a decent record abroad that just cannot cut it in the premier league. Examples being Corradi, Samaras or even Bianchi (although i felt he didn’t get a proper chance). It looks like we are going to persist with the 3 pronged attack too, and so Santa Cruz would fit well into this if he is to be at the head of it. He’s the presence we have been crying out for all season, someone clever enough to just hold the ball up, and when the headers when they need to be won, unlike Jo who flicks it on aimlessly when he actually wins one. Caicedo has shown promise in the latter stages of the season, but he is not quite at the level yet where we would like to be, and so for that reason I cannot see why people would jump on his back without him wearing the blue shirt yet, or even go as far as saying that they will not watch city anymore if Hughes signs him. At the end of the day this is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.

morleyswife said:
bluepeter62 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
I for one am very happy about this, he is exactly what we were missing last season and i'm sure with the service he will recieve and with Hughes as his manager again he will hit 15 + next season. He is also a very clever player and good with his feet and will free up space and time for the likes of Robinho and Tevez (if we land him). The stick some City fans give him because of his injury record (Which like Nedum has done for us was improved greatly buy Hughes when he last managed him) is fucking terrible.
OK how about his dreadful goalscoring rate, if you want to ignore his injuries?

I see you still haven't got over Sven!!

Are you not a little concerned?

Facts are usually facts (always)

This guy looked very good early on, but 18 mill seems a lot and I hope it wont be embarrasing like the english canadian ha ha-greaves the butler

Concerned about what?

If you look at this guys posts, all he does is say Sven this and Sven that! The BREAKING NEWS is Sven isn't our manager!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.