Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Spindash said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Sloppyjoshua said:
Alot of blackburn fans say he is the best striker they have had since shearer, is that a good thing?

what number will he have i reckon he will have 9
Alot of Newcastle fans think he was there best manager since Keegan, so it doesn't make it so!!!!!!

I think Blackburn fans would have quite a decent idea about how good he is. More than City fans.
I work with a Blackburn fan, and he doesn't like him, because he's been trying to leave the club for 12 months. I don't think he's very popular with Blackburn fans because every time he goes back to Paraguay he talks about joining a bigger club.

bluepeter62 said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
I for one am very happy about this, he is exactly what we were missing last season and i'm sure with the service he will recieve and with Hughes as his manager again he will hit 15 + next season. He is also a very clever player and good with his feet and will free up space and time for the likes of Robinho and Tevez (if we land him). The stick some City fans give him because of his injury record (Which like Nedum has done for us was improved greatly buy Hughes when he last managed him) is fucking terrible.
OK how about his dreadful goalscoring rate, if you want to ignore his injuries?

I see you still haven't got over Sven!!
Svens gone, sadly we have just spent 15 to 18m on a guy that has only broke double figures twice in his career(and one of them was in the Paraguayan league)! One thing has no importance to the club the other does.

You are correct! Sven has no importance to this club, but Santa does!!

Horlocks Left Foot said:
Been reading this forum for the best part of last season, but thought I would make my first post when I feel there is a point to be made. These are exciting times being a city fan, and some of the players we are being linked with we would not have dreamed about in recent times. However just because we have not signed Eto’o or Tevez (as of yet) I do not see why people are being so negative. Santa Cruz may not be a world superstar, but I believe that he is a pretty decent signing. Yes the fee is slightly high if it is what it is ‘rumoured’ to be, but that is what were are going to get nowadays being in the extremely strong financial position that we find ourselves to be in. Last season he did have his injury problems, but im sure he will be made to go through a rigorous medical for this very reason, so we will not be signing a complete ‘crock’ as some put it if he comes. Looking at the player himself, he has been proven to score goals in the premier league, one thing im sure Mark Hughes is looking for. Too many times we have signed a player with bags of potential, or a decent record abroad that just cannot cut it in the premier league. Examples being Corradi, Samaras or even Bianchi (although i felt he didn’t get a proper chance). It looks like we are going to persist with the 3 pronged attack too, and so Santa Cruz would fit well into this if he is to be at the head of it. He’s the presence we have been crying out for all season, someone clever enough to just hold the ball up, and when the headers when they need to be won, unlike Jo who flicks it on aimlessly when he actually wins one. Caicedo has shown promise in the latter stages of the season, but he is not quite at the level yet where we would like to be, and so for that reason I cannot see why people would jump on his back without him wearing the blue shirt yet, or even go as far as saying that they will not watch city anymore if Hughes signs him. At the end of the day this is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.

Good 1st post mate.

RSC is a very good player and offers something we don't currently have!

Get him!

10.Goater_Legend said:
whicko said:
How about giving the lad a chance, Christ it's only two seasons ago he scored 2 against us at Christmas and looked the perfect centre forward, there are lots of teams in the Premiership who would kill to have such an accomplished centre forward leading the line, get behind him.
Spot on.

Totally agree.

His record in the EPL is good, he did great under Hughes, and he is exactly the type of striker we need. Keeping him fit may be an issue, and we may have paid over the odds for him - so what? That doesn't make him a bad player or a bad buy. I think he will do well for us, and am amazed that people on here are writing him off already.

Horlocks Left Foot said:
Been reading this forum for the best part of last season, but thought I would make my first post when I feel there is a point to be made. These are exciting times being a city fan, and some of the players we are being linked with we would not have dreamed about in recent times. However just because we have not signed Eto’o or Tevez (as of yet) I do not see why people are being so negative. Santa Cruz may not be a world superstar, but I believe that he is a pretty decent signing. Yes the fee is slightly high if it is what it is ‘rumoured’ to be, but that is what were are going to get nowadays being in the extremely strong financial position that we find ourselves to be in. Last season he did have his injury problems, but im sure he will be made to go through a rigorous medical for this very reason, so we will not be signing a complete ‘crock’ as some put it if he comes. Looking at the player himself, he has been proven to score goals in the premier league, one thing im sure Mark Hughes is looking for. Too many times we have signed a player with bags of potential, or a decent record abroad that just cannot cut it in the premier league. Examples being Corradi, Samaras or even Bianchi (although i felt he didn’t get a proper chance). It looks like we are going to persist with the 3 pronged attack too, and so Santa Cruz would fit well into this if he is to be at the head of it. He’s the presence we have been crying out for all season, someone clever enough to just hold the ball up, and when the headers when they need to be won, unlike Jo who flicks it on aimlessly when he actually wins one. Caicedo has shown promise in the latter stages of the season, but he is not quite at the level yet where we would like to be, and so for that reason I cannot see why people would jump on his back without him wearing the blue shirt yet, or even go as far as saying that they will not watch city anymore if Hughes signs him. At the end of the day this is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.

whicko said:
Horlocks Left Foot said:
I for one totally agree, and if we can recruit Tevez we will have an awsome forward line along wioth Robbie.

Rag cafe

Originally Posted by Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber
A possible City line up next season:
-----------Given------------
Richards-Dunne-Kompany-Bridge

SWP---Barry----Ireland---Robinho--

--------Santa Cruz---Tevez------

Not a bad team at all...

That team is shaping up very well. Not sure about the defence though, Onuoha was an absolute rock for City when he got in the team in the second half of the season and most City fans I know prefer Zabaleta at right back to Richards who they think has started to regress after his excellent first couple of seasons.

made me smile.

when we went in for RSC last year he fucked us off and signed a new deal. he would have cost us far less if he hadn't had that fucking clause put in.put him on 10k a week till he makes up the diiference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.