Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

great signing for me too; i'm sure we scored the odd header last season, can't think of one off the top of my .. erm .. head!! who was our last striker who gave us this aerial presence... samaras; for ten minutes against newscastle... goater.. gareth taylor... joe royle... horses for courses.

ps - caps lock key broken.

not my fault! said:
My take on it:
bizzbo said:
so we've deff got Barry, RSC is all but done. Deals both done as we know

I believe Tevez is coming. I going to put my neck on the line and go with my mates on this: Done deal

Vermaelen to Arsenal seems to be the cue for Kolo Toure to join us. Yep think Kolo will join, no info just a feeling

Lescott seems to rest upon Everton finding a replacement, I think it's just a matter of time. Agree

And going out.... Hart on loan. Kasper probably permanently if we get Taylor. I don't see Sturridge staying, but I can't rule it out completely. Caicedo seems to be off. Benjani will go if he wants any chance of football. Gelson's agent makes it clear he's off. Agree

the real questions are:

Mascherano to Barca seems plausible, will Yaya come to be with his bro (would leave us with either de jong or kompany as surplus)? De Jong to Liverpool is the rumour...? So agree Yaya to join Kolo

Eto'o, I still can't bring myself to believe that one ;), I have to believe he'll get a new deal if Barca don't land Villa or Ibra.

Glen Johnson still seems to be liverpool bound. will Hughes find another target, or hope that Micah has taken it all as a big wake up call(assuming he's not part of the deal for lescott or kolo toure)?

Elano is clearly off, who will be the replacement? Is Bentley going to sneak in the back door when all the others are done? Are we going back for Arteta when he recovers? I believe Bently is a real possibility and possibly already a done deal

Will petrov be here? He seems unhappy at the prospect of not being a regular, but I think he's a bigger part of MH's plans than he realises, but if not, who will be the replacement?

ditto Boj.

So on the whole would you say you agree??

dw7 said:
not my fault! said:
johnmc said:
RSC is a top buy. Don't care about the fee

Agree... Dont believe all the hype in the papers about fee's and his injury though!

i dont mind the fee i aint paying i just want him to stay fit

He will mate, his choice to miss the last 10 weeks of the season... Not saying I agree with his choice but I think part of it was to piss Fat Sam off and prove a point to the Blackburn board who he strongly feels let him down in Jan.

johnmc said:
not my fault! said:
My take on it:
bizzbo said:
so we've deff got Barry, RSC is all but done. Deals both done as we know

I believe Tevez is coming. I going to put my neck on the line and go with my mates on this: Done deal

Vermaelen to Arsenal seems to be the cue for Kolo Toure to join us. Yep think Kolo will join, no info just a feeling

Lescott seems to rest upon Everton finding a replacement, I think it's just a matter of time. Agree

And going out.... Hart on loan. Kasper probably permanently if we get Taylor. I don't see Sturridge staying, but I can't rule it out completely. Caicedo seems to be off. Benjani will go if he wants any chance of football. Gelson's agent makes it clear he's off. Agree

the real questions are:

Mascherano to Barca seems plausible, will Yaya come to be with his bro (would leave us with either de jong or kompany as surplus)? De Jong to Liverpool is the rumour...? So agree Yaya to join Kolo

Eto'o, I still can't bring myself to believe that one ;), I have to believe he'll get a new deal if Barca don't land Villa or Ibra.

Glen Johnson still seems to be liverpool bound. will Hughes find another target, or hope that Micah has taken it all as a big wake up call(assuming he's not part of the deal for lescott or kolo toure)?

Elano is clearly off, who will be the replacement? Is Bentley going to sneak in the back door when all the others are done? Are we going back for Arteta when he recovers? I believe Bently is a real possibility and possibly already a done deal

Will petrov be here? He seems unhappy at the prospect of not being a regular, but I think he's a bigger part of MH's plans than he realises, but if not, who will be the replacement?

ditto Boj.

So on thee whole would you say you agree??

Lol would you rather I sat on the fence ;-)

He will be the most important buy we will make on the playing side all summer.

He is the physical presence we have been crying out for ages.

He can play on his own up front, or one of two, or the middle of three up front.

Flexible quality signing.

You know it makes sense, we cannot have a team of 'names' it makes total sense.

In Hughes we trust.

Using a 433... here how i see our main squad players if targets are got...

------------------Santa/Eto/Bellamy--------------------
Robinho/Petrov--------------------------------Tevez/SWP
----------------------------------------------------
---------Barry---------------------Ireland/Zaba--------
------------------DeJong/Yaya/Zaba--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
Bridge/Lescott------------------------------Zaba/Richards
----------Kompany/Lescott-----Toure/Onouha------------
--------------------Given/Taylor-----------------------

Obviously others could move around Kompany DM, Richards CB etc...

We really have no cover for Barry's position, Elano will go and didn't play that well there anyway...

I still think we might ask for Veloso to be in the deal for Caicedo.. He could probably do that role..

Time will only tell if RSC is a good signing.

I trust Mark Hughes judgement for now on this one.

It will all depend on his fitness next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.