Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

The 18 mil WILL be based on certain performance milestones being achieved. It was the same with Benjani, the sale quoted at 9 mil, but to date we have paid a little over 3 mil for him.

I do not believe for one minute we have been "done". Given his injury history, this one will be well and truly ring-fenced.

Cards on table if this goes through I actually see it as a backwards or at best sideways step as it means either Jo / Caicedo or Boj will be sold.

No better than any of these players overalll IMO. Really we needed to be pulling a big name out of the bag as our next signing. Surely this means the ETO and or Tevez deals are off this deal certainly wont encourage them to sign !

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
I doubt it's £18million. The media always exagerate our transfer fees. The Spurs poster said it will be about £12million, and with his track record, I'm more inclined to believe him.

you know how these things work........it may one day reach £18m if he plays enough games, we qualify for chimps league etc etc but i doubt it will be a straight £18m

alera said:
I dont think he is any better than Caicedo, Jo or Bojinov to be perfectly honest. At least Jo and Caicedo are fit for selection for most games.

RSC goal scoring record overall is very poor barely 1 in 4 at and he has had really bad problems with injuries throughout his career.

At £10 million he would be a bad signing, £18 million is just beyond a joke.

Not happy with this onme at all. Back to earth with a bump :(

How many times do you have to post this crap? Give it a rest. I think we are all dissapointed if it's 18m(even though we do rate him) but we have not confirmed this so lets wait and see.

When Rocky scores a hat-trick away to Blackburn on the first day, all the doubters will love him. I seriously doubt we're spending £18mil on him because we would not pay that in January. Why don't we let Hughes get on with his job and see how it turns out when the season gets going.

We don't know the exact figures, i doubt Sky do after they reported that Bellamy costed £14mil.

Re: Santa Cruz

It's not a signing that instills a sense of confidence in me, I must say. 10 million, maybe: but 18?

I reckon he's worth probably 8 or 9 million at the most, he's definately not an 18 million pound player, and I do have some concerns regarding injuries, i'm sure we'll find out soon enough. A good buy at the right price for coming off the bench.

People make out as if were personally paying for the player, whinging and whining about every fee that is mentioned.

Who gives a fuck, if the money is there, then why not spend it. Face facts, were going to be paying inflated prices due to the obscene amount of funding we have backing us.

As for RSC, excellent player when fit, Danny Simpson (on loan there last season from the rags) was telling a mate of mine he's one of the best players hes trained with, and he clearly doesnt train with mugs on a regular basis.

Exactly what we need, and although overpriced, who gives a flying fuck what everyone thinks.

Re: 18m for Santa Cruz..Breaking News...Fee Agreed.

amehh said:
blueblood007 said:
hope he fails this medical because 18million makes our club look like idiots im really angry at this

Blueblood, our club has been no different for the past 3 decades. We have always been looked upon as laughable, people will get over this. Even sooner should RSC stay fit next season and score 20 goals.

I wish people wouldn't be so dramatic, at least we haven't been mugged into paying the 20-25Mil Blackburn were apparently after in winter. Plus, it's not definite that the fee is18mil. It appears though, that the "who gives a fuck, it's not our money" attitude seems to have vanished now we're not talking Eto'o terms. Yes, I understand Eto'o is en exceptional player and RSC is not at his level, but let's just wait and see what happens before we all lose it.

ok then mate i will sit tight and see what happens but still dont think this is the road we should be heading down as I can bet he wont play more than half our games next year, tbh I just hope that we still go after tevez and eto`o as them 2 would be classs but everyone will be pissin themselfs at this I just hope city say that it aint 18 million i just pray.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.