Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

simon23 said:
Balti said:
If he recreates his best form at Blackburn and stays fit then he will be a bargain. The money is not an issue for us. The quality of our acquisitions is though. I hope to see him as challenging for a place rather than being an automatic starter. He will get my full backing in The Shirt regardless.

agreed

if we have Boj rsc bellamy, tevz and eto'o that would be a great set of forwards

two issues......1 will we get eto'o and tevz

2....injury worries with bellamy and rsc

2... you should be adding Boj to that list also.

If we go into next season with RSC, Bellamy, Boj and Caicedo, then Hughes is either very brave or very stupid as 3 are very injury prone.

The Neil Young stats are pretty much irrelevant.

He played left wing and the primary goalscorers in his line-ups were Francis Lee, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee. These were the 20+ goals per season men.

Young provided dozens of assists.

Ricster said:
simon23 said:
Balti said:
If he recreates his best form at Blackburn and stays fit then he will be a bargain. The money is not an issue for us. The quality of our acquisitions is though. I hope to see him as challenging for a place rather than being an automatic starter. He will get my full backing in The Shirt regardless.

agreed

if we have Boj rsc bellamy, tevz and eto'o that would be a great set of forwards

two issues......1 will we get eto'o and tevz

2....injury worries with bellamy and rsc

2... you should be adding Boj to that list also.

If we go into next season with RSC, Bellamy, Boj and Caicedo, then Hughes is either very brave or very stupid as 3 are very injury prone.

the difference with boj is that he is young and the two injuries he had....though really bad ones......were totally unrelated injuries......bellamy has a history of knee problems and rsc its his hamstring and knee (i think)

Tez Tosterone said:
The Neil Young stats are pretty much irrelevant.

He played left wing and the primary goalscorers in his line-ups were Francis Lee, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee. These were the 20+ goals per season men.

Young provided dozens of assists.

So that means there are 2 players on that list that are of different position's to RSC. That list looks a little of a sham then ;)

a shrewd piece of business this by mark hughes. only £30m spent and we get both santa cruz AND craig bellamy. i reckon the pair of them could even manage 38 games between them next season. there's a real chance that one of them may even get into double figures for goals too. true to our word, we're proving that we're not going to get ripped off when buying players.

I don't get what everybody is moaning about?

We need a target man who can actually head the ball which eto is not by the way. So what if we pay 18 million for him if he scores over 20 a season like mark hughes got out of him at blackburn then he will be a steal.

If he gets injured and doesn't score then it will be mark hughes or suffers because it will affect our league position.

Basically its a gamble by mark hughes. To be honest i think hughes knows the odds more than any of us. So just sit back and watch to see if it comes off.

RSC will be superb for us when he is fit, that will be a challenge. But even if he isn't fit look at the combinations.

Tevez RSC Robbie
Tevez Boj Robbie
Tevez Bellamy Robbie
Tevez Big Phil Robbie

RSC Tevez
Bellamy Tevez
Boj Tevez
Big Phil Tevez

If for some reason Tevez injured

Boj RSC Robbie
Bellamy RSC Robbie

Boj RSC
Bellamy RSC
Big Phil RSC

If we sign Eto o the combinations just get even better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.