Ross Barkley

MeatHunterrr said:
aguero93:20 said:
Mcfchamps said:
what is barkley that we don't have
Nothing really. No better than Nasri, if not worse. But because he's English... I'd rather have Gundogan, Pogba or Koke. In that order.
Yeah, but the thing is we need HG players to have deep squad, especially if we flog Clichy off and upgrade LB position next summer.

Hart
Milner
Lopes
Denayer/Rekik (both better than Boyata)
Iheanacho
Guidetti/Rodriguez
HG keeper

Sorted.

Mcfchamps said:
Nothing really. No better than Nasri, if not worse. But because he's English... I'd rather have Gundogan, Pogba or Koke. In that order.

Behave yourself.Nasri may have fantastic technical ability but the fact he is one of the biggest pussy's to ever wear our shirt,takes him well out of the top tier.

FantasyIreland said:
Mcfchamps said:

Behave yourself.Nasri may have fantastic technical ability but the fact he is one of the biggest pussy's to ever wear our shirt,takes him well out of the top tier.

Whereas Barkley is a kid showing flashes of promise who is yet to make himself an indispensable player for Everton.

Barkley has nothing yet, but people seem to be banking on his potential to become a lot better. Risky imo with his injuries and the price tag that this potential would cost. On current ability, he wouldn't improve our first team. To play the position he does, he needs to either improve his creativity hugely or start scoring a lot more regularly. We've seen first hand that he has the potential to beat people with his strength, drive at defences and shoot from distance, but he needs to do it a lot more consistently to be a number 10 for a top side.

I'd of thought he'd have a better chance dropping back and being a box to box midfielder instead, as I really don't see his passing as being anywhere near incisive enough to play as a number 10. Even as a box to box midfielder, he'd need to improve his passing a lot and work on the defensive side to his game, but I cannot see him ever being capable of carrying the creative burden of the team in the way a David Silva or Yaya can. It seems a massive risk for the price he'd cost.

BigOscar said:
Barkley has nothing yet, but people seem to be banking on his potential to become a lot better. Risky imo with his injuries and the price tag that this potential would cost. On current ability, he wouldn't improve our first team. To play the position he does, he needs to either improve his creativity hugely or start scoring a lot more regularly. We've seen first hand that he has the potential to beat people with his strength, drive at defences and shoot from distance, but he needs to do it a lot more consistently to be a number 10 for a top side.

I'd of thought he'd have a better chance dropping back and being a box to box midfielder instead, as I really don't see his passing as being anywhere near incisive enough to play as a number 10. Even as a box to box midfielder, he'd need to improve his passing a lot and work on the defensive side to his game, but I cannot see him ever being capable of carrying the creative burden of the team in the way a David Silva or Yaya can. It seems a massive risk for the price he'd cost.

yep, his future should be a box to box midfielder alongside a playmaker (yaya'ish) and a DM. which really makes me wonder for the umpteenth time why we are interested in him (other than being a poster child for the next generation of english footballers) or how'd he fit in the system. the best I could say is that he should be loaned back and asked to play as a CM so that he is seen as an eventual replacement for fernandinho

Barkley,s value in my opinion is worth no more than 20-25m at the most, he has potential but that's all it is, seems to be injured a lot, we don't want another Rodwell.

MeatHunterrr said:
Yeah, but the thing is we need HG players to have deep squad, especially if we flog Clichy off and upgrade LB position next summer.

Hart
Milner
Lopes
Iheanacho
Guidetti/Rodriguez
HG keeper

Sorted.

Lopes, Denayer, Rekik all under 21. Iheanacho hasnt even signed never mind been here 3 years. Guidetti is out of contract.

I'm just flabbergasted at little knowledge of the game some people have on here, To say Ross Barkley is no better than we have is ridiculous, First of all do we have anyone as good as Barkley in his age group? NO, Do we have anyone besides Silva and Aguero who can dribble with the ball at their feet like Barkley? NO, The fact he is English is more of a cherry on top of the cake, It's not his selling point.

We MUST get Barkley in the summer, Barkley should be our first target as he will be replacing that Ivorian lug who's inconsistencies eradicate his positives, So for every person who says Barkley cannot replace Toure, My reply would be, What, Replace a guy who jogs half hearted, cannot be bothered to track back, has 4/10 performances once every 2/3 games, Sure he can.

If he we land Barkley early then it takes the heat off us for our other transfer targets, Whether we decide to go after Isco who could become available or Reus or Vidal, Depay or even Gylfi Sigurdsson, We don't need strikers despite everyone panicking over this topic, The less strikers we have the better the odds we play 1 up top and manage to keep the 3 strikers we have happy and we need goals from midfield, So buying a striker is merely ignoring that fact.

If we line up something like this for next year we might have a chance of winning the CL as we will have great possession players, Younger players and quicker players.
Hart
Zabba Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

ell said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Hart
Milner
Lopes
Iheanacho
Guidetti/Rodriguez
HG keeper

Sorted.

Lopes, Denayer, Rekik all under 21. Iheanacho hasnt even signed never mind been here 3 years. Guidetti is out of contract.

Lopes, Denayer, Rekik and Iheanacho don't use up any of the 17 allocations in the squad for non-hg, as they are under 21. We're under no obligation to have any home grown players in a squad of 17.

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
I'm just flabbergasted at little knowledge of the game some people have on here, To say Ross Barkley is no better than we have is ridiculous, First of all do we have anyone as good as Barkley in his age group? NO, Do we have anyone besides Silva and Aguero who can dribble with the ball at their feet like Barkley? NO, The fact he is English is more of a cherry on top of the cake, It's not his selling point.

We MUST get Barkley in the summer, Barkley should be our first target as he will be replacing that Ivorian lug who's inconsistencies eradicate his positives, So for every person who says Barkley cannot replace Toure, My reply would be, What, Replace a guy who jogs half hearted, cannot be bothered to track back, has 4/10 performances once every 2/3 games, Sure he can.

If he we land Barkley early then it takes the heat off us for our other transfer targets, Whether we decide to go after Isco who could become available or Reus or Vidal, Depay or even Gylfi Sigurdsson, We don't need strikers despite everyone panicking over this topic, The less strikers we have the better the odds we play 1 up top and manage to keep the 3 strikers we have happy and we need goals from midfield, So buying a striker is merely ignoring that fact.

If we line up something like this for next year we might have a chance of winning the CL as we will have great possession players, Younger players and quicker players.
Hart
Zabba Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

Isco and Barkley at CM?

Neither of them are Central Midfielders, Barkley is very much a direct no.10 and isco is an attacking midfielder of similar ilk to Mata Silva etc.

As for Barkley, he's a good young prospect for sure, but he isn't what we need, for us he isn't incisive enough to play behind Sergio and lacks the defensive abilities to replace one of our central midfielders. People claim Yaya sharks his defensive duties, but Barkley would be even more of a serial offender if deployed there. If Yaya goes I would much rather see Pogba, Pjanic, Koke or Gundogan in that order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.