Ross Barkley

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
I'm just flabbergasted at little knowledge of the game some people have on here, To say Ross Barkley is no better than we have is ridiculous, First of all do we have anyone as good as Barkley in his age group? NO, Do we have anyone besides Silva and Aguero who can dribble with the ball at their feet like Barkley? NO, The fact he is English is more of a cherry on top of the cake, It's not his selling point.

We MUST get Barkley in the summer, Barkley should be our first target as he will be replacing that Ivorian lug who's inconsistencies eradicate his positives, So for every person who says Barkley cannot replace Toure, My reply would be, What, Replace a guy who jogs half hearted, cannot be bothered to track back, has 4/10 performances once every 2/3 games, Sure he can.

If he we land Barkley early then it takes the heat off us for our other transfer targets, Whether we decide to go after Isco who could become available or Reus or Vidal, Depay or even Gylfi Sigurdsson, We don't need strikers despite everyone panicking over this topic, The less strikers we have the better the odds we play 1 up top and manage to keep the 3 strikers we have happy and we need goals from midfield, So buying a striker is merely ignoring that fact.

If we line up something like this for next year we might have a chance of winning the CL as we will have great possession players, Younger players and quicker players.
Hart
Zabba Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

Give over. A central midfield pairing of Sigurdsson and Barkley will get you nowhere near the CL.

Latics Fan SJK said:
I'm just flabbergasted at little knowledge of the game some people have on here, To say Ross Barkley is no better than we have is ridiculous, First of all do we have anyone as good as Barkley in his age group? NO, Do we have anyone besides Silva and Aguero who can dribble with the ball at their feet like Barkley? NO, The fact he is English is more of a cherry on top of the cake, It's not his selling point.

We MUST get Barkley in the summer, Barkley should be our first target as he will be replacing that Ivorian lug who's inconsistencies eradicate his positives, So for every person who says Barkley cannot replace Toure, My reply would be, What, Replace a guy who jogs half hearted, cannot be bothered to track back, has 4/10 performances once every 2/3 games, Sure he can.

If he we land Barkley early then it takes the heat off us for our other transfer targets, Whether we decide to go after Isco who could become available or Reus or Vidal, Depay or even Gylfi Sigurdsson, We don't need strikers despite everyone panicking over this topic, The less strikers we have the better the odds we play 1 up top and manage to keep the 3 strikers we have happy and we need goals from midfield, So buying a striker is merely ignoring that fact.

If we line up something like this for next year we might have a chance of winning the CL as we will have great possession players, Younger players and quicker players.
Hart

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

Give over. A central midfield pairing of Sigurdsson and Barkley will get you nowhere near the CL.

Yep, A promising player in Barkley and the guy with more assist's than Merlin and Toure will get us nowhere, As opposed to our central midfield pairing of the two big lugs who cannot do their defensive duties or dictate a game to save their lives and which have already messed up our chances for the last 16 of the CL...Oh wait.

Hart

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

right back at you. No CM, no DM, and you expect to control possession with barkley and sigurdson? joke of a line up

And no, Barkley at the moment is not good enough for our first XI

Latics Fan SJK said:

Hart

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

it wont get us anywhere in any top league

Latics Fan SJK said:

Hart

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

Yep, A promising player in Barkley and the guy with more assist's than Merlin and Toure will get us nowhere, As opposed to our central midfield pairing of the two big lugs who cannot do their defensive duties or dictate a game to save their lives and which have already messed up our chances for the last 16 of the CL...Oh wait.

Yeah, OK then. Remind me when Silva & Toure play as your central midfield 2.

Sigurddson & Barkley as the midfield pair with 3 attacking players in front of them is an absolutely laughable suggestion and would be suicide in a match against the CL elite. In fact even in PL games it's pretty daft.

Have another think.

Edit: I can't believe I missed this gem, too:

"I'm just flabbergasted at little knowledge of the game some people have on here"

Excellent.

bluechampion7891 said:

Hart

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

right back at you. No CM, no DM, and you expect to control possession with barkley and sigurdson? joke of a line up

And no, Barkley at the moment is not good enough for our first XI

Have you seen our first xi perform this year? It wouldn't take much for Mikel Arteta to get in there, By accommodating Barkley you would have players of Reus, Silva, Aguero's quality to bring him along, He is a long term investment and can do a job in the present, Not that any of you on here would want that since you only want to buy players for the now and screw the future.

[/quote]

Yeah, OK then. Remind me when Silva & Toure play as your central midfield 2.

Sigurddson & Barkley as the midfield pair with 3 attacking players in front of them is an absolutely laughable suggestion and would be suicide in a match against the CL elite. In fact even in PL games it's pretty daft.

Have another think.

Edit: I can't believe I missed this gem, too:

"I'm just flabbergasted at little knowledge of the game some people have on here"

Excellent.[/quote]

When did I say Silva played as our central midfielder???? I merely stated that Sigurdsson has a lot more assists than him and for people to knock him is a little harsh, You do realize he is of the Toni Kroos mould and if I'm not wrong, Toni Kroos and Luka Modric are the central midfielders for a Real Madrid team who are head and shoulders above us at the moment, If two players of that ilk can anchor their midfield, Why is a player of Sigurdsson's quality and Barkley or Isco's, Not good enough for ours? There's the typical arrogant blue moon footballing snob attitude, Which rears it's head all the time.

Oh and i'll save you the hassle of writing it , 'Yeah, yeah I'm a rag and I hate City and I'm a wum', That's the only response you can get when you remotely question what we're doing on here at the moment.

so you mean that we replace a DM midfielder and a box to box midfielder with two attacking midfielders to anchor our midfield? so that from merely being overun our midfield becomes non existant. Arteta dont make me laugh.

Future? you mean buy youth? Pogba 21? Koke 22? why dont you offer realistic suggestion for CM?

Stats? did you know that Mata had more goals and assists than silva from 2011-13? based on that, you would prefer mata over silva...the rags certainly did when they got him but now they whimper. there;s more to it than stats?

Barkley control midfield? look at his passing stats - seriously your suggestions are WUM and you are questioning everybodys footballing intellect. maybe you should beging with yous.

bluechampion7891 said:
so you mean that we replace a DM midfielder and a box to box midfielder with two attacking midfielders to anchor our midfield? so that from merely being overun our midfield becomes non existant. Arteta dont make me laugh.

Future? you mean buy youth? Pogba 21? Koke 22? why dont you offer realistic suggestion for CM?

Stats? did you know that Mata had more goals and assists than silva from 2011-13? based on that, you would prefer mata over silva...the rags certainly did when they got him but now they whimper. there;s more to it than stats?

Barkley control midfield? look at his passing stats - seriously your suggestions are WUM and you are questioning everybodys footballing intellect. maybe you should beging with yous.
Sigurdsson and Barkley are attacking midfielders??? Really, So what is Yaya then? How come he goes forward? A central midfielder doesn't have to specifically be a defensive midfielder, Jesus Christ.

We need our central midfielders to be able to track back and have high enery, Isco/Sigurdsson and Barkley all have that, We need our central midfielders to be very good in possession and to be able to find space for players like Silva and Aguero or Reus if we bought him, The current big lugz we have are so poor in possession that players like Nasri, Silva and Aguero have to come deeper to collect the ball, Negating their strengths.

The other factor for players of the Sigurdsson, Isco, Barkley mould is we will be quicker on the counter, How annoying is it that we break and end up going backwards, With the opposition having got into position, At the moment we seem to have this obsession with buying enforcers in midfield, As if we're trying to find the next Viera or something, In modern day football you don't need Viera's in midfield, You need smart, high iq players, Ala Bayern, Real and Chelsea.

I'm not looking for an argument, I'm just annoyed how people seem to be still towing this line of 'We won't be able to replace Yaya with Barkley', Really?? Have you seen how disinterested Yaya is? He will easily be replaced in my opinion, Of course I'd love a Pogba but he signed a new contract and has a huge buy out clause, If we're going to spunk big money, I'd rather we did it collectively than on one player.

To be honest Barkley is far from being the finished article and with the price Everton will ask for the player then it isn't unrealistic not expect the complete player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.