Ross Barkley

I hope we sign him. 3 top class signings please. Hope we go all out for him , Reus and Pogba.

Hart
Zaba. Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Fernando Pogba
Silva Barkley Reus
Aguero

ancoats said:
great player but got the paul lake look about him (sorry paul )

the gamble would be to big at £60million for a player that's at this young age is injury prone
but the talent is there and maybe city could sort a deal out with Add-on over a space of 5 season

£30 million would be more than fair and maybe a starting point for him even give them a 20% sell on fee or first offer to buy him back. but for city its a big gamble with the need for a player to play every week in that role to replace yaya toure with him is a gamble

That's cute that you're so considerate mate, but unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think is fair. Everton want £60m and that's what you'll have to offer. As I've said before, Ross' value is only going to increase and Everton don't need to sell.

FantasyIreland said:
I imagine the fee,whatever it may end up being,will be structured according to development and progress as well as our future success.
I cant imagine we will be willing to entertain demands for 60m,he simply isn't worth anywhere close,especially given he is still very raw and injury prone.

Ross isn't injury prone. He had his leg broken by a terrible challenge and he had his ligaments damaged by a similarly poor challenge in training.

Being injury prone means you have a history of doing your hamstring while sprinting for the ball. It doesn't mean you're likely to get injured from a bad tackle, because that's true for everyone.

efcblue said:
ancoats said:

the gamble would be to big at £60million for a player that's at this young age is injury prone
but the talent is there and maybe city could sort a deal out with Add-on over a space of 5 season

£30 million would be more than fair and maybe a starting point for him even give them a 20% sell on fee or first offer to buy him back. but for city its a big gamble with the need for a player to play every week in that role to replace yaya toure with him is a gamble

That's cute that you're so considerate mate, but unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think is fair. Everton want £60m and that's what you'll have to offer. As I've said before, Ross' value is only going to increase and Everton don't need to sell.

But we can't afford £60m can we?

As we have that FFP threshold that you were posting about last time :)

chris85mcfc said:
efcblue said:
ancoats said:

That's unfortunate then, mate.

I'm sure there are other players you can afford.

I think Everton are aware that he will be sold in the summer hence the new contract that has just been signed by ross. Everton want as much as possible for him and I don't blame them, the price being quoted is what he valued at Everton as he is their prized asset and has the potential to go on and become a world class player

I would hope that we are serious about getting him, time will tell

I would pay £30m max. Anything more than that is huge risk, even £30m is big risk to be honest. If Everton asks for £40m - £50m then I would go for Pogba then.

Everton playing their usual hard to get bollocks. No way will he be sold for anywhere near £60m. Bless the little Everton fan who thinks Ross will want to play there forever. He will force their hand as he will want to leave. He isn't going to stick around playing at Everton's level. Rooney didn't and neither did any of their loyal players or their manager in fact. They will play hard to get, Ross will put in a request to leave the club and we will be able to buy him for closer to £30m with add ons. I'm still not certain we should be trying to sign him, he hasn't played well consistently yet. I certainly wouldn't be interested if he was to cost anymore than £30m.

well everton can keep on demanding unreasonable money and barkley can start making noises. unless there are multiple parties vying for his signature, in the end everton will fold. even if someone like chelsea bids, we can outbid them

efcblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
efcblue said:

That's unfortunate then, mate.

I'm sure there are other players you can afford.

That's just not really the way it works tho is it, mate

He will want to play at the top level and competing for trophies, and unfortunately Everton just doesn't cut the mustard

And just what are these FFP thresholds that we have got?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.