Ross Barkley

I would be more that happy to start next season with this sort of line up, only a couple of tweaks needed for me

........................JH.....................
..PZ.........VK..........EM...........AK
..............DINO......NANDO........
.......DS............RB..............MR.....
.......................SA.......................

P.s MR is Reus not Richards.

chris85mcfc said:
efcblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
But we can't afford £60m can we?

As we have that FFP threshold that you were posting about last time :)

That's unfortunate then, mate.

I'm sure there are other players you can afford.

That's just not really the way it works tho is it, mate

He will want to play at the top level and competing for trophies, and unfortunately Everton just doesn't cut the mustard

And just what are these FFP thresholds that we have got?

That's exactly the way that it works. You don't know anything about Barkley. He's similar to Gerrard in some respects; scouse, at the club he supports etc. He's still got a huge amount of developing to do and he knows that if he hops off to City a la Rodwell, he isn't going to make it. Hell, Everton even have Francis Jeffers coaching part-time and telling the youngsters about the mistakes he made as a player. Not to even mention the fact that the club has the last say on if a player stays or goes.

Remember this?: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27445475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27445475</a>

You have more than enough money to buy Ross, but you can't actually afford to do so. You've posted huge losses for the last few seasons and while you just might be able to influence UEFA enough to get away with shelling out £60m for one player, that will never happen. You'd have no room to improve the rest of your squad.

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
The £60 million quoted price is just a wind up, Fill the headlines, International break kind of story, He's a £35 million player and once we put the money on the table, I'm positive Everton will negotiate, This isn't Daniel Levy we are dealing with, Kenwright's a nice lad.

Everton do not need to sell at all. If City want Barkley, it will be on their terms. There will be no "negotiation".

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I can tell you this £60m story in the MEN is way wide of the mark, in a quiet international week.

Roberto Martinez gave an off-the-record briefing to the Scouse pack last month telling them Barkley's asking price was £40m.

Exactly the same price City were quoted in the summer. We were willing to go to £25m at the time because of our restrictions.

This is absolutely not true. I have heard this rumour several times. Most people say that it was before a press conference.

There is no way that Martinez would that dense as to announce to a group of reporters that he has an asking price for Ross. There would be story upon story released with that direct quote. The fact that there hasn't been a single one should be enough for anyone to realise that this is bs, but even more so, the fans would have Bill's head if it were true, so he'd be under strict orders to tell nobody.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You have no connection to EFC.

efcblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
efcblue said:

He will want to play at the top level and competing for trophies, and unfortunately Everton just doesn't cut the mustard

That's exactly the way that it works. You don't know anything about Barkley. He's similar to Gerrard in some respects; scouse, at the club he supports etc. He's still got a huge amount of developing to do and he knows that if he hops off to City a la Rodwell, he isn't going to make it. Hell, Everton even have Francis Jeffers coaching part-time and telling the youngsters about the mistakes he made as a player. Not to even mention the fact that the club has the last say on if a player stays or goes.

Remember this?: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27445475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27445475</a>

You have more than enough money to buy Ross, but you can't actually afford to do so. You've posted huge losses for the last few seasons and while you just might be able to influence UEFA enough to get away with shelling out £60m for one player, that will never happen. You'd have no room to improve the rest of your squad.

The £60 million quoted price is just a wind up, Fill the headlines, International break kind of story, He's a £35 million player and once we put the money on the table, I'm positive Everton will negotiate, This isn't Daniel Levy we are dealing with, Kenwright's a nice lad.

Everton do not need to sell at all. If City want Barkley, it will be on their terms. There will be no "negotiation".

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I can tell you this £60m story in the MEN is way wide of the mark, in a quiet international week.

Roberto Martinez gave an off-the-record briefing to the Scouse pack last month telling them Barkley's asking price was £40m.

Exactly the same price City were quoted in the summer. We were willing to go to £25m at the time because of our restrictions.

This is absolutely not true. I have heard this rumour several times. Most people say that it was before a press conference.

There is no way that Martinez would that dense as to announce to a group of reporters that he has an asking price for Ross. There would be story upon story released with that direct quote. The fact that there hasn't been a single one should be enough for anyone to realise that this is bs, but even more so, the fans would have Bill's head if it were true, so he'd be under strict orders to tell nobody.

You ALWAYS sell though. You put a firm front on but it's gone within a month and the player is sold.

Just to confirm a few things about City. City have made a profit for season 13/14 and that is after spending £100 million on the likes of Negredo and Fernandinho. Once the restrictions are lifted in the summer we can spend big.

I'm not saying Barkley will go to City but you're naive to think he won't be sold in the next year or so. Probably for around £40 million.

I understand your stance because you don't want to believe the truth, and to some extents I wish it wasn't true, but sooner or later, if Barkley fulfils his potential, he's going to want to be playing regular Champions League football and have a chance of winning major honours. With football the way it is (this is the bit I don't like) there are only a few clubs who can guarantee these things, and so Ross is going to move on. The difference with Gerrard was that Liverpool could offer him what Everton can't offer Barkley.

With Ross wanting to move Everton lose some of their power. He's on a long contract, so they're still in a good position to ask for good money, but if they refuse to let him go for a reasonable amount he'll start to kick up a fuss. This could result in him running his contract down, but that would obviously take a while and would suit no party as Everton would end up with less money and an unhappy player and the buying club would have to wait. The more likely result is that he'll be sold for around £30-£40m.

You might not like it, but that's just the way the game works at the moment. As City fans we're lucky that Sheikh Mansour came in, but I can empathise with fans that don't have wealthy backers and realise it's a bit shit.

efcblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
efcblue said:

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I can see from your posts your very defensive about Barkley, no offence but he won't be at Everton in the next 5 years. He might not leave next summer, he might not the summer after but its going to happen. This has happened to us in the past with SWP, cherish him while you still have him.

He seems alot more committed than Rooney however.

Haha. Love it. Love the clueless Evertonian, definitely one of the rejects who posts on Grand Old Team.

They've got some proper FFP/MCFC experts over there from what I've seen. They know all about how we're fucked and how we can't spend any money anymore and how Barkley's never going to leave them because he loves them. Oh he really loves them.

Back on planet earth he'll end up moving to City for around 40 million IMO. Maybe a bit more if we decide to move for him in Jan but i think that's unlikely.

My only worry is we're going to put all our eggs in one basket for this lad and miss out on the type of player/target we should be going all out to get imho

If we take our eye off the ball and miss out on Reus i'll be very disappointed, especially with Chelsea already slipping a nod and a wink about Barkley during the Lukaku deal.

Danamy said:
My only worry is we're going to put all our eggs in one basket for this lad and miss out on the type of player/target we should be going all out to get imho

If we take our eye off the ball and miss out on Reus i'll be very disappointed, especially with Chelsea already slipping a nod and a wink about Barkley during the Lukaku deal.

Totally agree also why isn't chelsea and arsenal after him they have the money

waspish said:
Danamy said:

Totally agree also why isn't chelsea and arsenal after him they have the money

Chelsea's already sown the seed, hence the bold bit in my post

Reus isn't going to choose City over Bayern. Them being a top 3 superpower as well as being in his own country counts for so much. Barkley would probably choose City over Bayern for example.

Barkley isn't ready made but he has all the potential to be a star. We need to start developing young players, whether through the academy or paid for.

Cronaldo wasn't exactly a world beater when United bought him. Far from it, his end product was horrible for a good couple of years.

Barkley will also become a miles better player than Navas, Milner, Jovetic, Nasri etc, which is what we currently have. He'd be superb as a no.10 behind Aguero with Silva on one flank and a new fast player like maybe Sanchez (!) on the other side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.