Ross Barkley

efcblue said:
ancoats said:
great player but got the paul lake look about him (sorry paul )

the gamble would be to big at £60million for a player that's at this young age is injury prone
but the talent is there and maybe city could sort a deal out with Add-on over a space of 5 season

£30 million would be more than fair and maybe a starting point for him even give them a 20% sell on fee or first offer to buy him back. but for city its a big gamble with the need for a player to play every week in that role to replace yaya toure with him is a gamble

That's cute that you're so considerate mate, but unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think is fair. Everton want £60m and that's what you'll have to offer. As I've said before, Ross' value is only going to increase and Everton don't need to sell.
Anybody who pays 60 mill for him needs their head testing, not even worth half that.

chris85mcfc said:
efcblue said:
ancoats said:
great player but got the paul lake look about him (sorry paul )

the gamble would be to big at £60million for a player that's at this young age is injury prone
but the talent is there and maybe city could sort a deal out with Add-on over a space of 5 season

£30 million would be more than fair and maybe a starting point for him even give them a 20% sell on fee or first offer to buy him back. but for city its a big gamble with the need for a player to play every week in that role to replace yaya toure with him is a gamble

That's cute that you're so considerate mate, but unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think is fair. Everton want £60m and that's what you'll have to offer. As I've said before, Ross' value is only going to increase and Everton don't need to sell.

But we can't afford £60m can we?

As we have that FFP threshold that you were posting about last time :)

I for one would fuck uefa off and the FFP if united and real Madrid barca who can have debts of £millions and £millions in building a club to what it is today and then start crying about little old Manchester city building a great football club who could blow them out of the water

Surely 30 - 35 million max, he hasn't played at the top level yet so he's relatively unproven, and is he over his injuries ?

If it comes to summer and he is back playing regularly and still looking good for Everton then OK but not at the expense of signing Reus, Pogba or Koke.

Anyone worth 60mill would be first name on most teamsheets in the word - this guy isn't even first name on EFC teamsheet

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
Yaya is a complete midfielder Lol Now I've heard it all, So basically what you're saying is if Yaya had a better work rate, better personality and could actually be bothered he would be complete, and if my uncle had a, Jesus Christ.

You boys keep saying a midfield pairing of Sigurdsson and Barkley wouldn't work, Well what if our coach was Guardiola next year, Are you seriously telling me he with his vision of total football he couldn't make that work? Do you think a Guardiola, Klopp or Simeone would rather work with a Sigurdsson and Barkley center mid pairing or the two big lugz who can't be bothered to track back, constantly are passing it sideways and who pick and choose what games they turn up?

Nurse!

Mcfchamps said:
@City_Watch: MEN: City have been told by Everton that they will need to pay £60m to sign midfielder Ross Barkley (20) next summer.

I'll pass

Nah can't pay that, if we did we'd probably have to pay about £50m for Sigurdsson ;)

Latics Fan SJK said:
Yaya is a complete midfielder Lol Now I've heard it all, So basically what you're saying is if Yaya had a better work rate, better personality and could actually be bothered he would be complete, and if my uncle had a, Jesus Christ.

You boys keep saying a midfield pairing of Sigurdsson and Barkley wouldn't work, Well what if our coach was Guardiola next year, Are you seriously telling me he with his vision of total football he couldn't make that work? Do you think a Guardiola, Klopp or Simeone would rather work with a Sigurdsson and Barkley center mid pairing or the two big lugz who can't be bothered to track back, constantly are passing it sideways and who pick and choose what games they turn up?

Nurse!

Haha

I can tell you this £60m story in the MEN is way wide of the mark, in a quiet international week.

Roberto Martinez gave an off-the-record briefing to the Scouse pack last month telling them Barkley's asking price was £40m.

Exactly the same price City were quoted in the summer. We were willing to go to £25m at the time because of our restrictions.

Ennis said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
I'm just flabbergasted at little knowledge of the game some people have on here, To say Ross Barkley is no better than we have is ridiculous, First of all do we have anyone as good as Barkley in his age group? NO, Do we have anyone besides Silva and Aguero who can dribble with the ball at their feet like Barkley? NO, The fact he is English is more of a cherry on top of the cake, It's not his selling point.

We MUST get Barkley in the summer, Barkley should be our first target as he will be replacing that Ivorian lug who's inconsistencies eradicate his positives, So for every person who says Barkley cannot replace Toure, My reply would be, What, Replace a guy who jogs half hearted, cannot be bothered to track back, has 4/10 performances once every 2/3 games, Sure he can.

If he we land Barkley early then it takes the heat off us for our other transfer targets, Whether we decide to go after Isco who could become available or Reus or Vidal, Depay or even Gylfi Sigurdsson, We don't need strikers despite everyone panicking over this topic, The less strikers we have the better the odds we play 1 up top and manage to keep the 3 strikers we have happy and we need goals from midfield, So buying a striker is merely ignoring that fact.

If we line up something like this for next year we might have a chance of winning the CL as we will have great possession players, Younger players and quicker players.
Hart
Zabba Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Isco/Sigurdsson Barkley

Nasri/Jovetic Reus
Silva

Aguero

Give over. A central midfield pairing of Sigurdsson and Barkley will get you nowhere near the CL.

He nearly had me there! I thought this lad knows what he's talking about...then I read his team and I nearly choked on my morning brew!
You've been playing to much football manager.
I

Haha, It's Fifa 15 mate, Get it right

The £60 million quoted price is just a wind up, Fill the headlines, International break kind of story, He's a £35 million player and once we put the money on the table, I'm positive Everton will negotiate, This isn't Daniel Levy we are dealing with, Kenwright's a nice lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.