Ross Barkley

Bunk said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Oh perlease! You clearly don't have an appreciation of the finer points of the game/and or are just unnappreciative of fine servants to this club - fine servants who won us titles and Cups.

Barry was excellent at making tackles and protecting the back four then giving the ball to the more creative players. Most Blues value this fine servant to Manchester City. When he comes back next season you'll hear what a well appreciated player he is..if you haven't got your fingers in your ears or still have you head in the sand.

Lescott was part of the tightest defence in the League - a League title winning defence he was replaced by an even better player, Nastasic, who is a better passer. Both Nastasic and Demichelis are better suited to his tactics of pushing up and nicking the ball. That doesn't mean Lescott doesn't have his merits.

Milner is very good (eg Bayern Munich away, eg Liverpool away, Everton away where he put over and excellent cross for Dzeko to score) etc etc)- it's just that Silva, Nasri and Yaya are even better. Milner shoud start more in my opinion but hey, Pellegrini ain't doing too bad and he crucially wants to keep him.
Johnson crappy every time? Rubbish. He had several good games and chipped in with a few goals.
Rodwell is injury prone - got bags of ability but I suspect he needs to get fit, go on loan and prove he can do it. He may make it here one day.

Excessive verbage.

I refer you to the answer I gave several posts back, that is to say that if these players were as good as you're implying then they would not have been replaced or kept away from the first team by mangement. Your support of the Rodwell signing I find particularly bizarre. Why would you be content to pay £15,000,000 for player who will spend the majority of his contract either out on loan or in the swimming pool with physiotherapists?

Excessive verbage? Really. The only excessive verbage is yours, young man. And you won't be the valid judge of what is and isn't excessive verbage based on what you have spouted before on here. By your own admission your post was "harsh". Who is content with paying £15m for Rodwell? Don't twist words, boy. Read my post..properly. Then digest. It doesn't saying anything about being "content" paying £15m (Sometimes signings don't come off and Rodwell may well be one of those). It critiques each player and with the exception of Rodwell proves what you wrote to be incorrect and, yes, harsh.

Now, give it up before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

teddykgb said:
You seem strangely unaware of the concept of players declining as they age. These things are not done at a single point in time.

I am quite familiar with this concept, with the singular possible exception of Barry, I just don't see how it applies to these players.

Lescott was a 29 year old centreback when we replaced him with Nastasic, you could argue he was in his prime. Milner, Johnson, Sinclair, Rodwell have all declined with age?

Zabbasbeard said:
Excessive verbage? Really. The only excessive verbage is yours, young man. And you won't be the valid judge of what is and isn't excessive verbage based on what you have spouted before on here. By your own admission your post was "harsh". Who is content with paying £15m for Rodwell? Don't twist words, boy. Read my post..properly. Then digest. It doesn't saying anything about being "content" paying £15m (Sometimes signings don't come off and Rodwell may well be one of those). It critiques each player and with the exception of Rodwell proves what you wrote to be incorrect and, yes, harsh.

Only possibly harsh on Barry, I still believe that if his performances were as good as you and several others have implied he would not have been sent out on loan by management (yes, even aged 32). I will, however, concede that he has made a reasonable contribution to our cause down the years, My position remains firmly unmoved on the rest of the players in absence of a logical and objective counter argument.

And I am happy to see that you now agree with me that Rodwell has been a crappy signing.

Bunk said:
Zabbasbeard said:

Only possibly harsh on Barry, I still believe that if his performances were as good as you and several others have implied he would not have been sent out on loan by management (yes, even aged 32). I will, however, concede that he has made a reasonable contribution to our cause down the years, My position remains firmly unmoved on the rest of the players in absence of a logical and objective counter argument.

And I am happy to see that you now agree with me that Rodwell has been a crappy signing.

Nope, never said any of the aforementioned was a "crappy" signing. Wouldn't rule out Rodwell coming off, even now. You never know...3 good months at Sunderland or Evrton, or even a year there, and we could have a good prospect on our hands.

Either you are a WUM or you are burying your head in the sand. Either way, I ain't got the time to humour you further.

TGR said:
The factions are squabbling!

It's been a pretty strong summer for in-fighting, what with the Yaya thread, the "who's the biggest **** to play for us" thread, FFP disagreements, and contract renewals versus new signings. Great work everybody, makes for dramatic reading. Let's all promise to keep it dysfunctional and below the belt till the league kick-off calls for unity.

Bunk said:
If you look at the outcomes of our English signings in recent years they've all ranged from meh to crappy:

Bridge - crappy
Barry - meh
Lescott - meh
Johnson - crappy
Milner - meh
Rodwell - crappy
Sinclair - crappy

Net spend on these premium English players? £102 million. On the continent most of these players would swap hands for between £5-10 million tops.

Simply put, if you want value for money, you don't buy English.

iv'e read some shit on here, mainly my own posts but this is the biggest load of bollocks I've seen for some time.

de niro said:
Bunk said:
If you look at the outcomes of our English signings in recent years they've all ranged from meh to crappy:

Bridge - crappy
Barry - meh
Lescott - meh
Johnson - crappy
Milner - meh
Rodwell - crappy
Sinclair - crappy

Net spend on these premium English players? £102 million. On the continent most of these players would swap hands for between £5-10 million tops.

iv'e read some shit on here, mainly my own posts but this is the biggest load of bollocks I've seen for some time.

Stop being such a dickhead. While the analysis is questionable, the conclusion is incontravertable. There is no value in English players in the prem. Look at how much has been spent in recent seasons on the likes of Ashley Young. How you cant see this defies logic.

cityboy2602 said:
de niro said:
Bunk said:

Bridge - crappy
Barry - meh
Lescott - meh
Johnson - crappy
Milner - meh
Rodwell - crappy
Sinclair - crappy

Stop being such a dickhead. While the analysis is questionable, the conclusion is incontravertable. There is no value in English players in the prem. Look at how much has been spent in recent seasons on the likes of Ashley Young. How you cant see this defies logic.

let me educate you and your bum chum.

Barry (who by the way was outstanding for us)
lescott
milner
and Johnson all have prem winner medals, some have fa cup and even league cup medals. you don't achieve that or even get a game at a club like city unless you are a very very good player. the price tags they came with has nothing to do with the lads themselves.

i'll let the dickhead comment go this time.

cityboy2602 said:
de niro said:
Bunk said:

Bridge - crappy
Barry - meh
Lescott - meh
Johnson - crappy
Milner - meh
Rodwell - crappy
Sinclair - crappy

Brilliant.Someone else that insults folk that who don't share the same opinion while adding fuck all to the debate. Just what we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.