Ross Barkley

Davs 19 said:
cityboy2602 said:
de niro said:
iv'e read some shit on here, mainly my own posts but this is the biggest load of bollocks I've seen for some time.

Stop being such a dickhead. While the analysis is questionable, the conclusion is incontravertable. There is no value in English players in the prem. Look at how much has been spent in recent seasons on the likes of Ashley Young. How you cant see this defies logic.

Brilliant.Someone else that insults folk that who don't share the same opinion while adding fuck all to the debate. Just what we need.

Sounds like almost every post down in the Cellar.

IMO, if we can get him we should do it. He has loads of talent and would be a valuable asset in the future and could contribute now. I'd even be happy buying him, then loaning him back to Everton. With a discount mind.

de niro said:
cityboy2602 said:
de niro said:
iv'e read some shit on here, mainly my own posts but this is the biggest load of bollocks I've seen for some time.

Stop being such a dickhead. While the analysis is questionable, the conclusion is incontravertable. There is no value in English players in the prem. Look at how much has been spent in recent seasons on the likes of Ashley Young. How you cant see this defies logic.

let me educate you and your bum chum.

Barry (who by the way was outstanding for us)
lescott
milner
and Johnson all have prem winner medals, some have fa cup and even league cup medals. you don't achieve that or even get a game at a club like city unless you are a very very good player. the price tags they came with has nothing to do with the lads themselves.

i'll let the dickhead comment go this time.

The amount paid was irrelevant to the player but not this discussion. It is actually a critical consideration. Simply saying it isn't our money is no longer a viable course.

Having said that, I have immense respect for the aforementioned players and think it is very beneficial to have a sizable English contingent. I just don't know how how to accomplish it considering the current financial climate. Hopefully this will be a moot point once the academy is fully operational.

Instant_Offense said:
de niro said:
cityboy2602 said:

let me educate you and your bum chum.

Barry (who by the way was outstanding for us)
lescott
milner
and Johnson all have prem winner medals, some have fa cup and even league cup medals. you don't achieve that or even get a game at a club like city unless you are a very very good player. the price tags they came with has nothing to do with the lads themselves.

i'll let the dickhead comment go this time.

The amount paid was irrelevant to the player but not this discussion. It is actually a critical consideration. Simply saying it isn't our money is no longer a viable course.

Having said that, I have immense respect for the aforementioned players and think it is very beneficial to have a sizable English contingent. I just don't know how how to accomplish it considering the current financial climate. Hopefully this will be a moot point once the academy is fully operational.

Maybe so but my point was the poster was calling the players poor and we'd paid over the odds for them because they were English. They won us the league.

I give him stick but he impressed me last night.

My one worry with him was that he looked like he could never really control a game like Yaya does, but last night there were times when he picked up the ball and instead of just charging forwards like he usually does, he was patient and allowed play to build up slowly through him.

All positive signs. I'll watch him a bit closer next year to see how he goes.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:

My one worry with him was that he looked like he could never really control a game like Yaya does, but last night there were times when he picked up the ball and instead of just charging forwards like he usually does, he was patient and allowed play to build up slowly through him.

By the time the average punter has cottoned on to the fact that this lad is top quality, the price will have gone through the roof and the sharks will be circling. I'm afraid with young players the club has to take a bit of a punt and trust the judgement of those whose job it is to spot a talented young player before his talent becomes bleeding obvious.

hgblue said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:

By the time the average punter has cottoned on to the fact that this lad is top quality, the price will have gone through the roof and the sharks will be circling. I'm afraid with young players the club has to take a bit of a punt and trust the judgement of those whose job it is to spot a talented young player before his talent becomes bleeding obvious.

Exactly this.
I have posted before that we should stump up the money and buy him.
He is the future poster boy of the England set up and commercial payback that will bring is worth the
investment alone. He is a ready made replacement for Yoyo and it is blindlngly obvious to anyone even with one
eye that the lad is one hell of a player. If we don't I can see him ending up at the rags and that would be a travesty.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 21m
Mirror: City are weighing up a £25m bid for Everton rising star Ross Barkley (20) and could offer Jack Rodwell as part of the deal.

Not ready for our level yet and if he came I reckon his development would stall.

He needs a few more years at Everton to become more consistent before making the step up.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 21m
Mirror: City are weighing up a £25m bid for Everton rising star Ross Barkley (20) and could offer Jack Rodwell as part of the deal.

Would Everton really take £25m + Rodwell?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.