Ross Barkley

dachoosen1 said:
We have Yaya at the minute and he IMO is better then Kroos, Vidal, Pogba and Cesc. We cant move for anyone until/if Yaya leaves. Cesc would have been my choice but he moved to Chelsea were he wont be allow to cross the half way line by the most boring manager on the planet. If we missed out on all those players before Yaya leave I would bring in Pjanic there will always be a world class alternative. Barkley learning from Yaya would be ideal though.
Pjanic is a good shout. He has been very good when I've seen him play. I'm having a quick look at his stats from last season and he has higher pass completion, chances created, key passes, forward passes, successful passes and interceptions (per 90 mins) than Fabregas, Vidal and Pogba. If Yaya is going, this could very well be a good replacement.

Kladze said:
dachoosen1 said:
We have Yaya at the minute and he IMO is better then Kroos, Vidal, Pogba and Cesc. We cant move for anyone until/if Yaya leaves. Cesc would have been my choice but he moved to Chelsea were he wont be allow to cross the half way line by the most boring manager on the planet. If we missed out on all those players before Yaya leave I would bring in Pjanic there will always be a world class alternative. Barkley learning from Yaya would be ideal though.
Pjanic is a good shout. He has been very good when I've seen him play. I'm having a quick look at his stats from last season and he has higher pass completion, chances created, key passes, forward passes, successful passes and interceptions (per 90 mins) than Fabregas, Vidal and Pogba. If Yaya is going, this could very well be a good replacement.

Love Pjanic, was the only Bosnian to come out of the World Cup with any credit. Just love the way he plays and think he'd fit in perfect at City.

'Ave a word Edin!

Kladze said:
dachoosen1 said:

Whilst Pjanic is quality we don't need another creative midfielder Silva and Nasri do that job, Toure has the driving runs and power that make him unplayable and what we would desperately miss most is his 15 plus goals he gets most seasons

Marvin said:
RandomJ said:
Marvin said:
Not going to happened and we all know it

a) Highly unlikely we'll be able to complete £10m sales, let alone £30m plus

b) Even if we did sell, EFC might not sell, and it doesn't look like Barkley is ready to force a move just yet

He's refused to sign a contract extension about 3 times already. He is deffo looking for a move. We don't know what the club has up it's sleeve to try and secure the signing we could be offering them Milner plus other players plus cash we just don\t know. So I wouldn't say for definite it won't happen.
Well I'd be shocked. Maybe in 12 months......assuming we're still top of the pile

EFC will go down the pan without Barkley. Much fuss made about the improvement under Martinez as compared to Moyes, but that's all down to Barkley. He'll sit tight and EFC wont want to sell at this stage. They'll be hoping to make the next step up
Wouldn't have thought that was Bill's main focus TBH, given the choice he'll take the money.
Perhaps we could sell them Milner and Rodwell(or a loan for him with partial or even zero wages)) with a 12 month delayed payment date and ringfence Barkley for next summer when Yaya finally leaves?

Mister Appointment said:
It's only just dawned on me. Ross Barkley is a Nike sponsored footballer.
That sounds as bad as rags going on about Nike funding a Ronaldo move to the swamp. Aguero has Puma boots, are we to believe he's going to move to Arsenal?

BenchillBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
It's only just dawned on me. Ross Barkley is a Nike sponsored footballer.
That sounds as bad as rags going on about Nike funding a Ronaldo move to the swamp. Aguero has Puma boots, are we to believe he's going to move to Arsenal?

I haven't said anywhere that Nike are funding anything. I was just pointing out that our sponsor is also Barkley's sponsor. That means that from a corporate sponsorship point of view, signing him, being that he's potentially the biggest English player over the next ten years, would be something which would have knock on commercial benefits.

I think that Barkley needs a few more seasons to prove how good he is. I recall a few years ago everyone was raving about Wilshere. He can't even get in to the England starting 11 now. In the past few years we've seen quite a few players who looked great for Everton like Fellani and Rodwell, but when they were asked to make the step up, they were found wanting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.