Roughest grounds you've been too and biggest scraps!

I remember going to Maine Road in the eighties to pick up a ticket for a future City game and Leeds were playing WBA in a cup replay which had to be at a neutral ground.It was a shit game and raining[what;s new,lol!] and as i left i got so far and come across a fair sized mob and thought ''Shit!''

I was ok as it turned out to be City with Debbie at the front and bollocking the lads for keep running.As some big Leeds lumps came towards us she said,''Right no fucking running you lot,we stand and fight!'' and they did!

ped said:
mancunial said:
Churchill123 said:
All the 70's and 80's stories sound mad and are well before my time... A lot of people talking of use getting the run around etc.. did we not kick the fuck out of anyone or was it everyone battering us?
City boys were maniacs in 69 70
city were the top firm in those days,just to add some balance,anyone remember ot 73/74 city won 3 1(marsh scored)we kicked their arse that night ,

Glad to hear :)<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 pm --<br /><br />
paulchapo said:
I remember going to Maine Road in the eighties to pick up a ticket for a future City game and Leeds were playing WBA in a cup replay which had to be at a neutral ground.It was a shit game and raining[what;s new,lol!] and as i left i got so far and come across a fair sized mob and thought ''Shit!''

I was ok as it turned out to be City with Debbie at the front and bollocking the lads for keep running.As some big Leeds lumps came towards us she said,''Right no fucking running you lot,we stand and fight!'' and they did!

Debbie sounds hard as nails!!

paulchapo said:

One or two of the semi-finals played at Maine Road were a bit 'lively' ... in those days i managed to get tickets for a few of them.

i saw a fair bit of trouble at both the Leeds v Wolves , and Fulham v Birmingham semis ...... especially after Fulham had scored a late winner !

I miss those days!<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 8:36 pm --<br /><br />
black mamba said:
paulchapo said:

One or two of the semi-finals played at Maine Road were a bit 'lively' ... in those days i managed to get tickets for a few of them.

i saw a fair bit of trouble at both the Leeds v Wolves , and Fulham v Birmingham semis ...... especially after Fulham had scored a late winner !

Loads of City and Utd in town waiting for Brum but nowt happened, it was a night match.

SXBLUE said:
lancs blue said:
Anyone go to Stamford Bridge when away fans were banned? Think it was to do with trouble the previous season when they had playoffs for relegation (maybe v Boro)?

Was at that one think we won 3-1 remember seeing other City faces at half time , no one speaking tho just a nod or smile !!
mid-week game too crowd 9000 ish ?

crowd was only 8 and a half thousand i think.
in a stadium as big as that, it looked strange.

was in the big west stand, middle tier i think. didn,t say a word to anyone until the last ten minutes when we scored the third and instinctively quite a few city in the stand, including me, jumped up and cheered...scary match,but the buzz was amazing.

Churchill123 said:

She wasn't even big in build, quite nice looking in a tomboy kinda way too!....but I did shit it when she was about!

Sky Blue said:
Churchill123 said:

She wasn't even big in build, quite nice looking in a tomboy kinda way too!....but I did shit it when she was about!

Did she have a brother? Sure I saw her always with a guy who dressed like her. Denim jackets etc. She lead blues into some big fights.

She killed herself.

mancityvstoke said:
Sky Blue said:
Churchill123 said:

Did she have a brother? Sure I saw her always with a guy who dressed like her. Denim jackets etc. She lead blues into some big fights.

She killed herself.

Yep she did....think they were from Moston.

Tbilisi said:
WestGorton said:
League Cup Semi Final Away to Liverpool 1981. Vibe of true danger in the air.

Biggest punch up I saw was at Peterborough in the FA Cup run the same year. A load of local yokel farmer types finally succumbed outside a chippy to the City hordes after they had jumped on a City fan further up the road...on a bridge if my memory still works.

Was that where the City fan had took a bit of a kick in on the way out on a car park with his mates slagging City fans off for doing nothing and then more and more Blues gathered round these PBoro fans until they just dissapeared under a load of punches,same one?

Cant ever forget Gerry Gow walking to the train station that day with it all kicking off in a supermarket across the road,he honestly didnt give a fcuk.

yep game as fuck Peterborough backs to the walls...but eventually outnumbered by City.
Outside some shops ....might have been a chippy as you say can't remember.

I remember being surprised at this happening at this small town.

cinnamon blue said:
Leeds away 1974 week after losing to Wolves in the League Cup final. Came out of the cowshed got a right kicking lost two teeth and black eye . Was rescued by a mob of blues from Langley . Big hard guy from Langley think he was called George laid into load of Leeds fans. Langley had quite a crew then

How i love Langley to this day.
Great place to grow up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.