Royal Rumble Tonight

Watched it last night, opinion hasn't changed on the WWE... I feel way to old to be watching this shit and I'm only 26.
Nothing shocked me, was pure mainstream entertainment with ads thrown in for anti-bullying campaigns and the like (whilst still advocating the use of steroids indirectly)

I think if or when I have a son, and he's like 6/8yrs old I'll probably enjoy it more, as I did at that age where I believed in it.
if he likes it I'll hapilly watch it alongside him.

What's missing? nothing really, I've just grown up, I realize when chokes aren't tight enough and when the punches/kicks don't connect etc, so I don't get swept away by the acting....

Great for the kids, I'll stick to watching Gypsy's get hacked by machetes on channel 4.....

Maybe just getting old but it all just seems sterile these days.

Even the ham n'eggers like Horowitz, Gill and Lombardi were good fun and raving lunatics like Vader and Stan Hansen would never get put across like they did.

A big ZZZZzZ from me, I'm afraid.

Not watched WWE since the 90s, triple H, stone cold, the rock, undertaker, was collosal then for an 8 year old!

anyone care to sum up the rumble for those that didnt watch?

citykev28 said:
Are they referred to as "heels" and "faces" because you feel a little silly calling them "goodys" and baddys"?

No, they are called heels and faces because the words originate from the carny language popular in the early 1900s. Nobody actually knew it was fixed until about 1930s and kayfabe (the idea of protecting the business from outsiders) never really went away until the early 1990s.

Damocles said:
citykev28 said:
Are they referred to as "heels" and "faces" because you feel a little silly calling them "goodys" and baddys"?

No, they are called heels and faces because the words originate from the carny language popular in the early 1900s. Nobody actually knew it was fixed until about 1930s and kayfabe (the idea of protecting the business from outsiders) never really went away until the early 1990s.

but it's been adapted to be a substitute for goodys and baddys?

citykev28 said:
Damocles said:
citykev28 said:

but it's been adapted to be a substitute for goodys and baddys?

Nope, that's what it's always meant. As I say, wrestling has always had it's own language so the wrestlers could talk to each other about their upcoming matches or whatever without having to go all secret agent.

People used to be seriously bothered about protecting the business. One of the most successful promoters in the world used to fire wrestlers if they ever lost a fight in a bar, and they were encouraged to fight often.

Weeellll...a muscley bloke got hit with a chair by a bloke in a mask, an irish ex doorman won a nearly nude gangbang, 6 pneumatic "ladies" fell over each other for a bit, a punk ran around and then sat down and two rather tall gentlemen let a small gentleman escape.

The days of the rock and Stone cold were the best for me. That wm where the rock did 3 rock bottoms on Stone cold was the best match ive ever seen. Now its just beyond boring for me tbh

I avoided Bluemoon, Facebook & Twitter from Sunday night until about midnight yesterday so I could watch this without having it spoiled.

Let down - I could have wrote better story lines.

However, last nights RAW made my pants twitch, I was as giddy as an 8 year old seeing his first pair of tits.

EDIT - just seen RAW, know as excited as a 14 year old upto the knuckle for the first time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.