RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Skybet not taking wagers on either RSC or Wolfboy coming to CoMs at the moment,just 3/1 on us for a top 3 finish.
The woman I spoke to wouldn't give me a price even when I gave her my account number and that I couldn't find a winner with SatNav.
She just pissed herself laughing & hung up.
woman.

i may have to use that one. barren streak?

A dog with a mallet up his arse would have picked the derby winner saturday!

stavros said:
i thinks santa-cruz is a cracking player and exactly what we need he wins balls aerally and holds it up . the only problem is his fitness but i cant see us being stupid enough to sign another crock. i think he will have to pass the most stringent of medicals. if we can land him eto and tevez then that will do me

What about Hughes inserting a "pay per play" clause into his contract?
Then if he does turn out to be another Boj,Petrov,Bellamy or,(worst-case scenario),Danny F---ing Mills,we don't get badly burned.

Can someone englighten me with how much the free for RSC or Eto'o is?
I read 18m and 120k/week for RSC, is that true/the most likely one? If so, that's just stupid on so many levels.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
svennis pennis said:
Have to say I would of been happier with this in January. It is a comfort zone signing, he is not an unknown quantity and already accustomed to the Hughes mentality. I wish we had exhausted all avenues before moving for him again. If he is a back up or sgner as an alternative for varied opponents then fine. If he is being signed as our main striking option then I am incredibly underwhelmed.

And that's more or less what Hughes is trying to do...get comfort zone signings or should I say players with the right pedigree, ability and preferrably with premiership experience. Barry fits that bill, Tevez, Lescott and Santa Cruz do also. Bridge, Given, Wright-Phillips and Bellamy all fit that bill. I don't think Jo or Robinho were Hughes signings and the others are Zabaleta, De Jong & Kompany...two of whom have impressed immensely.

I don't think Hughes is one for taking too much of a gamble on players (especially as he has to get City in the top six) and think we'll see more players with Premiership experience coming in rather than players who have not. Personally, I would like to see a gamble or two taken on some young exciting up and coming international players...in the mould of Aguero etc. Players who will be with City for many years to come, who will improve at City, become established at international level and become a terrace favourite/ City legend.

Everything about the way he manages the club is conservative, from his backroom staff, signings, formations, team selection through subs. That's not a knock its just how he is, he is not a risk taker.

£120K a week?

Give Sturridge the 60k he wants and you save £12m and 60k a week and you get a better player.

SWPISHOME said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
£120K a week?

Give Sturridge the 60k he wants and you save £12m and 60k a week and you get a better player.

Spot on!

surely ye are taking the piss. Sturridge isn't fit to lace Santa Cruz loafers.

the youngfella wouldn't hold off a toddler.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
svennis pennis said:
Have to say I would of been happier with this in January. It is a comfort zone signing, he is not an unknown quantity and already accustomed to the Hughes mentality. I wish we had exhausted all avenues before moving for him again. If he is a back up or sgner as an alternative for varied opponents then fine. If he is being signed as our main striking option then I am incredibly underwhelmed.

And that's more or less what Hughes is trying to do...get comfort zone signings or should I say players with the right pedigree, ability and preferrably with premiership experience. Barry fits that bill, Tevez, Lescott and Santa Cruz do also. Bridge, Given, Wright-Phillips and Bellamy all fit that bill. I don't think Jo or Robinho were Hughes signings and the others are Zabaleta, De Jong & Kompany...two of whom have impressed immensely.

I don't think Hughes is one for taking too much of a gamble on players (especially as he has to get City in the top six) and think we'll see more players with Premiership experience coming in rather than players who have not. Personally, I would like to see a gamble or two taken on some young exciting up and coming international players...in the mould of Aguero etc. Players who will be with City for many years to come, who will improve at City, become established at international level and become a terrace favourite/ City legend.

Everything about the way he manages the club is conservative, from his backroom staff, signings, formations, team selection through subs. That's not a knock its just how he is, he is not a risk taker.

Agreed!

Immaculate Pasta said:
£120K a week?

So true. Maybe not a better player but soon could easily be.
RSC is far far overrated by MH his persistence in going back for a fifth time is pissing me off!

sdavros said:
SWPISHOME said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
£120K a week?

Spot on!

surely ye are taking the piss. Sturridge isn't fit to lace Santa Cruz loafers.

the youngfella wouldn't hold off a toddler.

Sturridge is a class act, and I dont no why you think Sturridge wouldnt hold off a toddler, He is strong, did you not watch the game v Blacburn when he skipped pass 2 or 3 players and held them off to play the ball to Robbie!
Santa Cruz has nowhere near the talent of Sturridge and he's only 19!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.