RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

I realised yesterday what the plan was. players with prem experience, expect tevez, rsc, lescott, toure and michael owen. i reckon the marquee signing is tevez. the owner wasn't lying when he said we won't be spending big

personally i was hoping for villa, aguero, silva, but i guess i was taken in by the hype.

i'm gutted tbh. i think we will get 8th

blueyorkie said:
Just thought i'd check out the facts rather than the suppositions, his career stats are as follows.

Appearances 235
Goals 67
About 1 in every 3.5 games

Interestingly under Mark Hughes at Blackburn played 57 and scored 23 or 1 in every 2.4 games. very handy indeed.

I'm undecided about him but he would clearly pose a different threat from what we have now and who we are being linked with.

Hmmm.Let's look a little deeper at that "1 in 3.5 games."

He managed 13 league goals from 21 games for Olimpia Asunción in season 98-99.
He then went to Bayern and scored 31 goals in 155 league appearances between 1999-2007.
He had by far his most productive season at Blackburn scoring 19 league goals in 37 games-then reverted to type last season scoring 4 in 20.

So...67 goals in 233 games.

Looks reasonable to the naked eye.....except that the vast majority of that amount have come over a period of only two seasons-his first season in Paraguay and his first at Blackburn.
The guy's record in 6 seasons at Bayern-playing alongside some quality players-was incredibly average.
He showed little sign last season of showing the form of his first.

Average.Average.And once again-Average.

SWPISHOME said:
sdavros said:
SWPISHOME said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
£120K a week?

Give Sturridge the 60k he wants and you save £12m and 60k a week and you get a better player.

Spot on!

surely ye are taking the piss. Sturridge isn't fit to lace Santa Cruz loafers.

the youngfella wouldn't hold off a toddler.

Sturridge is a class act, and I dont no why you think Sturridge wouldnt hold off a toddler, He is strong, did you not watch the game v Blacburn when he skipped pass 2 or 3 players and held them off to play the ball to Robbie!
Santa Cruz has nowhere near the talent of Sturridge and he's only 19!

i saw that game, i also saw the couple of games where he lost the ball every time by not passing it. Or trying to take it in and it rebounding off him like he was a brick wall.

SAnta Cruz plays the percentages and is an outstanding old fashioned centre forward. Exactly what we need

RobbieBrewer said:
blueyorkie said:
Just thought i'd check out the facts rather than the suppositions, his career stats are as follows.

Appearances 235
Goals 67

Interestingly under Mark Hughes at Blackburn played 57 and scored 23 or 1 in every 2.4 games. very handy indeed.

I'm undecided about him but he would clearly pose a different threat from what we have now and who we are being linked with.

He then went to Bayern and scored 31 goals in 155 league appearances between 1999-2007.
He had by far his most productive season at Blackburn scoring 19 league goals in 37 games-then reverted to type last season scoring 4 in 20.

Looks reasonable to the naked eye.....except that the vast majority of that amount have come over a period of only two seasons-his first season in Paraguay and his first at Blackburn.
The guy's record in 6 seasons at Bayern-playing alongside some quality players-was incredibly average.

did it mention how many of those apperances were from the bench?

same as bellamy getting him on the pitch week in week out is hard ,so waste of 3quid let alone what we gunner pay for the glass back

Omiclops said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
£120K a week?

Give Sturridge the 60k he wants and you save £12m and 60k a week and you get a better player.

So true. Maybe not a better player but soon could easily be.
RSC is far far overrated by MH his persistence in going back for a fifth time is pissing me off!

Yep Sturridge proved against Brighton & Forest that he'd have no problem leading the attack regularly in the PL, also he gives us that aerial option we're so badly lacking & of course would be a big help in our own box defending against corners etc. Good comparison. We could play SWP or Bellamy up front rather than RSC as well, they're also a direct comparison both known for their target man qualities & tremendous heading ability. Then there's Robinho....

RobbieBrewer said:
blueyorkie said:

Appearances 235
Goals 67

Most games at Bayern were from the bench and for the last 10mins or so... These count as games played but dont reflect a true reflection on his ability. He fell out of favour at Bayern due to a fall out with the boss then he had to knock Podolski out the team and that wasnt going to happen when he is a German international is it!

it is slightly disappointing after being mentioned with Eto'o and the likes. End of day, we havent got RSC yet, and nothing has bene confirmed we have even bid or anything, so lets wait and see...........

without a dream said:
Looks like some people have got their new boo boy already.

Not a boo-boy mate.

Merely a player we've spent far too long chasing and are placing way too much emphasis on the "as long as he stays fit" for my liking.
The stats just don't warrant the hefty price tag or the effort for a very ordinary player IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.