RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

Didsbury Dave said:
sdavros said:
RobbieBrewer said:
without a dream said:
Looks like some people have got their new boo boy already.

Not a boo-boy mate.

Merely a player we've spent far too long chasing and are placing way too much emphasis on the "as long as he stays fit for my liking.
The stats just don't warrant the hefty price tag or the effort for a very ordinary player IMO.

It's not fooking football manager it's real football.

fucking stats are pointless. It's the added dimension he will give us. An extra option. Can hold it up and bring our dynamic players into the game. Will get on the end of loose balls in the box.. Fooking stats. Does my head in.

It's a perfect fit for the way we are going to play next year. How many moves broke down at the apex last season because Big Phil was offside or fell over his laces?

We'll win ugly next year when things aren't going right and that's the sign of a good team

That's a good post, stavros, and is correct about noone holding the ball up for us.

He's unquestionably better than we have.

To be honest I couldnt give a fuck about signing the likes of Villa etc... People on here have gotten themselves into such a frenzy because of shit ITK types, it wouldnt surprise me if some still believe Kaka will tear up his contract and sign for us.

My concern about RSC is his fitness. When he was playing in his first season at Blackburn I was stunned at how good he was. Big, Strong, scorer of all types of goals. He is the perfect foil. I am just incredibly worried and underwhelmed about his fitness. Watching players like him and Bellamy will always have me waiting for the sight of them rolling around clutching their knee. They are time bombs. RSC is not shit. He is a very good player and would be great at bringing players into play on the overlap and then following up.

bondsman said:
So if we win ugly for a year what then? Change the side to be better? Do the great teams win ugly? No they play football, Robinho and Ireland are never gonna play well in a tam that hits balls to a big man they dont want to play that way. Fuck me you sound like a sunday league coach.

you make a good point

Right i got told this morning he would sign today, for about £10m, el Hombre got giddy with his numbers.

I can't see it happening today personally as i thought it would be done after the Internationals. Maybe the deal would conclude today, and be announced after the internationals i'm not sure.

I posted on here last week that Hughes wanted Santa Cruz and Diego Capel. He's got one of them it looks like, maybe Capel could follow who knows.

Just never take anything on here as gospel, i personally don't want Santa Cruz and hope he doesn;t sign but it looks like we'll have to get used to him

RobbieBrewer said:
sdavros said:
RobbieBrewer said:
without a dream said:

Not a boo-boy mate.

Merely a player we've spent far too long chasing and are placing way too much emphasis on the "as long as he stays fit for my liking.
The stats just don't warrant the hefty price tag or the effort for a very ordinary player IMO.

fucking stats are pointless. It's the added dimension he will give us. An extra option. Can hold it up and bring our dynamic players into the game. Will get on the end of loose balls in the box.. Fooking stats. Does my head in.

It's a perfect fit for the way we are going to play next year. How many moves broke down at the apex last season because Big Phil was offside or fell over his laces?

We'll win ugly next year when things aren't going right and that's the sign of a good team

So stats don't matter?
Why have a league table then?Simple stats,surely?

Or do we buy strikers purely on the basis of them being taller than the ones we have,regardless of whether or not they actually get on the pitch to put the ball in the net on a consitant basis?And what decent team with ambition still relies on "the big bloke up front" who's sole job it is to "hold up the ball?"

Do me a favour,mate!Decent sides play on the ground.Always have,always will.They don't need 6 foot 5 lump merchants when the going gets tough.

Skill will always beat will.
And yes-I do actually believe that Phil will turn into a better goalscorer than Crocky.

But hey-let's get Corradi back.

it's about having the choice. he can just as easily play on the ground. Hasn't hurted Chelsea to have the option to lump the ball in every now and again has it?

Winning teams have options. We don't at the moment. With Santa Cruz we have another option.

Skill alone will never ever ever beat will.

RSC is a very good player, no one can doubt that, but he's just so injury prone. He'd be a good buy if we buy someone like Et'o as the main striker but placing all our hopes on him is far too risky.

A front 3 of Robinho, Eto'o and Tevez , with RSC and Bellamy on the bench( and loaning out Big Phil to gain experience) would be superb (each player offering something different) and have me going into the season extremely optimistic.

I bet Ive seen him the same as you mate unless you go Blackburn more than city. You are a typical smug sod who throws that line out on here all the time 'if you'd seen as much of him as I have...' bollocks, ask yourself - money no option, need a striker, who you gonna buy, if RSC is on a list of ten names you are a clown.

RobbieBrewer said:
sdavros said:
RobbieBrewer said:
without a dream said:

Not a boo-boy mate.

So stats don't matter?
Why have a league table then?Simple stats,surely?

Or do we buy strikers purely on the basis of them being taller than the ones we have,regardless of whether or not they actually get on the pitch to put the ball in the net on a consitant basis?And what decent team with ambition still relies on "the big bloke up front" who's sole job it is to "hold up the ball?"

Do me a favour,mate!Decent sides play on the ground.Always have,always will.They don't need 6 foot 5 lump merchants when the going gets tough.

Skill will always beat will.
And yes-I do actually believe that Phil will turn into a better goalscorer than Crocky.

But hey-let's get Corradi back.

Drogba, Adebayor, Bendtner, Torres. All win loads of headers, all good on the ground. Santa Cruz does that too. Remember Sherringham? In fact how many title winning sides in the last 100 years DON'T have a forward in the squad/team who's good in the air? Or even top 6 sides for that matter?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.