RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

bondsman said:
Apologies you are right about Athletico getting fourth, but they still have to qualify, however the fact Bellamy played for Lpool means shit, he isnt there now is he? Why? Not good enough. Plenty of no marks played for Houlliers Lpool - Nunez? Should we buy him? RSC was one of the top scorers so what was he top scorer? No Benjani was on that list last year. We want someone on it every year! Just ask if you had no financial obstacle (we dont) and you need a striker (we do) would you look at RSC? Dont tell lies or make yourself sound daft. its a no.

There are other obstacles apart from finance you know

When united or liverpool win ugly they do it by grinding a result, thats not the same as lumping balls up to a target man and hoping for scraps. Bolton and Wigan are not teams I aspire to be like, its rare that top teams need to win ugly against them, they just outplay them. Tell you what lets get delap on the books him and RSC would get us loads of ugle points. Behave.

Its away from CoMs that we need to develop a spine,and if RSC stays fit and shows the right attitude then he could make all the difference.
Quite a big "if",mind you and I hope to God that "winning ugly" doesn't mean descending to that long ball travesty of football that the wretched likes of Notlob and Joke City practice.
I would rather eat my own earwax than watch City play that way,especially now that we are so minted that we can afford not to.

Don't worry boys. If/when RSC gets injured, we can bring-on our secret weapon as substitute...Jo...who by next season will have developed into a useful squad member, mark my words.

I know that there maybe other obstacles but in todays climate the money speaks volumes. I also believe that if we go looking at players with massive future potential not yet in the first eleven we might get ourselves a Fabregas, a Viera, A ronaldo even for fucks sake!

bondsman said:
When united or liverpool win ugly they do it by grinding a result, thats not the same as lumping balls up to a target man and hoping for scraps. Bolton and Wigan are not teams I aspire to be like, its rare that top teams need to win ugly against them, they just outplay them. Tell you what lets get delap on the books him and RSC would get us loads of ugle points. Behave.

santa Cruz is a fantastic player. he gives us another option. he can actually hold the ball up..

In fact I think we will be more equipped to play better football with a guy like santa cruz. We will be more direct sure. We will be ace on the counter.

Just because he is 6 foot odd doesn't mean he can't play ball. He has fantastic first touch and can pick a pass. get your head out of the fucking sand. We will piss on the likes of Bolton and Wigan.

Your using the hypothetical to back up an argument. No one mentioned Delap you fuckwit

johnny on the spot said:
The thought of paying over the odds to that bastard Allardyce for a player whose scoring record is obliterated by his injury record is pretty uncomfortable.

Thats pretty much how I feel about this one. If the price is £10m I can live with that, at least we know Fat Sam cost himself a good £8m plus £30k+ a week for six months for a crock.

Definately one of Hughes "comfort zone" signings though, he seems to have a few players he just has the blinkers on about.

The lack of headed goals we score from corners and open play is an embarrasment,hes excellent at holding the ball up and laying off-a dimension to our game thats sadly lacking.

I for one am not expecting the likes of Villa, Eto'o, Henry to sign for us but its a big wide world out there surely for the money Santa cruz will cost we could do better? No I dont know who but then again I'm not paid 3mil a year to find out.
No I'm not saying he is a bad player, the problem for me is is fitness, his dubious to say the least goal-scoring 'record' and his attitude. He seems to have spat his dummy right out after not being sold to us in January but he did sign a contract with B'burn this time last year

bondsman said:
Apologies you are right about Athletico getting fourth, but they still have to qualify, however the fact Bellamy played for Lpool means shit, he isnt there now is he? Why? Not good enough. Plenty of no marks played for Houlliers Lpool - Nunez? Should we buy him? RSC was one of the top scorers so what was he top scorer? No Benjani was on that list last year. We want someone on it every year! Just ask if you had no financial obstacle (we dont) and you need a striker (we do) would you look at RSC? Dont tell lies or make yourself sound daft. its a no.

If he is 1 of 2 strikers to sign, the other being a top class foreign striker such as Eto'o, then , yes, I would look at RSC.
There is a chance that someone like Eto'o, for all his quality, may not settle in the Prem. Who do you fall back on then? another foreign import who may also not suit the Prem? or someone you have worked with before who is suited to the Prem?

Obviously there's the injury issue, but as a sub RSC would be a very good signing. However, if he is the main striker we sign then you're correct. The transfer policy would not be good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.