RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

bondsman said:
When united or liverpool win ugly they do it by grinding a result, thats not the same as lumping balls up to a target man and hoping for scraps. Bolton and Wigan are not teams I aspire to be like, its rare that top teams need to win ugly against them, they just outplay them. Tell you what lets get delap on the books him and RSC would get us loads of ugle points. Behave.

Playing football doesn't always work!

Set pieces are a great way of scoring, look at how many Villa and Everton get from corners compared to us.

You can also point to the fact that set pieces are sometimes the only thing that separate games between the current top 4.

Look at Chelsea v Liverpool for example.

Being a good footballing side is great and brilliant to watch ie 6-0 v Portsmouth but it's just the start, we need to have many strings to our bow to compete with the top 4.

sdavros said:
bondsman said:
When united or liverpool win ugly they do it by grinding a result, thats not the same as lumping balls up to a target man and hoping for scraps. Bolton and Wigan are not teams I aspire to be like, its rare that top teams need to win ugly against them, they just outplay them. Tell you what lets get delap on the books him and RSC would get us loads of ugle points. Behave.

santa Cruz is a fantastic player. he gives us another option. he can actually hold the ball up..

In fact I think we will be more equipped to play better football with a guy like santa cruz. We will be more direct sure. We will be ace on the counter.

Just because he is 6 foot odd doesn't mean he can't play ball. He has fantastic first touch and can pick a pass. get your head out of the fucking sand. We will piss on the likes of Bolton and Wigan.

Your using the hypothetical to back up an argument. No one mentioned Delap you fuckwit

There aren't that many who undestand the game on this forum, but you are one of them in my opinion, stavros.

Lots of City fans are just interested in the size of the name, not how the player plays.

It comes from the insecurity and paranoia which is innate in lots of Blues.

They're more bothered about what their red mates will say than whether someone can play.

RSC one type of player we need. Our whole forward line needs reinventing and he would be the first who could hold the ball up and win headers. That brings in the likes of Ireland, SWP and Robinho, bursting from deep.

It's been a massive problem this year. Caceido can't cut it. sorry. It bounces off him.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Its away from CoMs that we need to develop a spine,and if RSC stays fit and shows the right attitude then he could make all the difference.
Quite a big "if",mind you and I hope to God that "winning ugly" doesn't mean descending to that long ball travesty of football that the wretched likes of Notlob and Joke City practice.
I would rather eat my own earwax than watch City play that way,especially now that we are so minted that we can afford not to.

Robinho & co often have a player with a physical presence to play the ball in to feet or chest & run off for a return whilst the striker holds off defenders. The rags & Chelsk do the same. Big phil is improving at it but isn't there yet. RSC has a fantastic touch & strength for that kind of game as well as being able to get on the end of crosses & diagonals etc & ALSO fight for the ball when defenders are forced to clear it, which happens to EVERY PL team at times.

bondsman said:
Apologies you are right about Athletico getting fourth, but they still have to qualify, however the fact Bellamy played for Lpool means shit, he isnt there now is he? Why? Not good enough. Plenty of no marks played for Houlliers Lpool - Nunez? Should we buy him? RSC was one of the top scorers so what was he top scorer? No Benjani was on that list last year. We want someone on it every year! Just ask if you had no financial obstacle (we dont) and you need a striker (we do) would you look at RSC? Dont tell lies or make yourself sound daft. its a no.

lol benjani was on there. fuck me your on a point making roll today !

hats off to you sir !

"Drogba, Adebayor, Bendtner, Torres. All win loads of headers, all good on the ground. Santa Cruz does that too. Remember Sherringham? In fact how many title winning sides in the last 100 years DON'T have a forward in the squad/team who's good in the air? Or even top 6 sides for that matter?"

Sorry mate but I don't see Adebayor or Torres being asked to do what RSC is apparently being brought to City to do.Totally different jobs.
I'm saying that to bring in a tall player simply because he's "good in the air" and "we don't have one" is yesterdays news.Fat sam tactics.

At the top level-strikers in 2009 need to be all-rounders.Quick,mobile,good finishers and good in the air.
Get that sorted-then give them an accurate supply line-and the rest will take care of itself.

I'm not doubting his quality, I'm doubting his shocking injury record!

Trigger said:
Matty said:
I will be seriously underwhelmed with the signing of RSC, if true. He's had one good season and that's it. Players don't move from Bayern ****** to Blackburn Rovers if they're good enough to be playing for a Champion's League challenging side, which is what we're aiming for.

Strange that the same could be said for players not moving from Real Madrid to Manchester City if they are good enough to be playing Champs league !! where were you playing Robinho !!!
Not the same, not even slightly the same. When Robinho moved from Real Madrid to City we had plans in place to change City from a mediocre club into one of Europe's elite, and we'd got millions upon millions of pounds to back up that plan. When RSC moved from Bayern Munich to Blackburn Rovers he was joining a club whse main aim is/was to preserve their top flight status.

I'm not sure if anyone here has mentioned this but maybe RSC is willing to not always be in the starting 11? Obviously he'll want to be in the team and he will fight for his place, but he obviously likes Hughes and may not throw his toys out of the pram if on the bench quite abit, unlike some of his more famous fellow footballers.

I don't think we can afford to play 2 upfront on a regular basis anyway, unless one of those 2 is Robinho.

Matty said:
Trigger said:
Matty said:
I will be seriously underwhelmed with the signing of RSC, if true. He's had one good season and that's it. Players don't move from Bayern ****** to Blackburn Rovers if they're good enough to be playing for a Champion's League challenging side, which is what we're aiming for.

Strange that the same could be said for players not moving from Real Madrid to Manchester City if they are good enough to be playing Champs league !! where were you playing Robinho !!!
Not the same, not even slightly the same. When Robinho moved from Real Madrid to City we had plans in place to change City from a mediocre club into one of Europe's elite, and we'd got millions upon millions of pounds to back up that plan. When RSC moved from Bayern ****** to Blackburn Rovers he was joining a club whse main aim is/was to preserve their top flight status.

Lucky for him he scored 20 goals & they turned out to be better than Sven's City eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.